Where was I?

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Seeing the Princess on the funnel and I know you were fond of the Dawn Princess, I'll go with that. I'm darned I can't find the name of her sisters with that same profile.

Not the Dawn Princess, Lyle. Not a Sun Class vessel.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Back at it with google I can't make out the name on the bow in the photo🤔

That would be cheating anyway young Lyle.. You Canadians are honest folk, like us, 😝 

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Okay we know i't Princess from the Funnel so I'll try Regal princess (Pacific Dawn's original name?)

Correct Lyle, Ye olde Regal Princess, Princess Cruise Line. We left San Pedro, LA on her 31 August 2007 to Sydney. Took a month. The day  we disembarked in Sydney she went on with crew and tradsesmen to Singapore for refit and she was handed over to P and O Australia 🇦🇺 and christened Pacific Dawn in Nov 2007. 

Your turn.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Correct Lyle, Ye olde Regal Princess, Princess Cruise Line. We left San Pedro, LA on her 31 August 2007 to Sydney. Too a month. Thevday we disembarked in Sydney she went on with crew and tradsesmen to Singapore for refit an she was handed over to P and O Australia 🇦🇺 and christened Pacific Dawn in Nov 2007. 

Your turn.

Thanks Les, with Princess recycling ship names it's hard to figure out. And it seems (to this Canadian) that when P&O Straya the just take the XXX Princess and make it Pacific XXX, there in lay the confusion. Now I need to find something, this could be a little difficult or not

P1000779.thumb.JPG.cbda60d027a9dc940c3e678089c95be1.JPG

15 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Craigdarroch Castle, Victoria - the northern one.

You are correct sir, That was easier that I thought. The guy who works at the next bench to me has done some of the restoration work including many of the replacement shutters that are in the castle. So many phases in the history of that house. Alas it is temporarily close due to covid restrictions.

I suspect Mic has been there have you had the chance tour the place?

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Back in 2012

It hasn't changed much since then, funny thing I have been many times but I find out now I really don't have many photos of the place. I thought that photo may be a little more difficult being a fairly generic Thistle stained glass window.

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

That's what I Googled to find it.😉 

Will now have to follow up with a visit to replace the one we cancelled last June.

Remember not to come in January/February 2022 your on the ground connection will be Down under😉