Sensation to Sunrise Room Not Happy

phoneman69

On My scheduled Jan 2021 cruise we had an interior room middle of ship on the Main Deck.  I am very much ok with interior rooms as long as there in the middle of the ship. We spend the savings in other parts of our cruise. We are now assigned to deck 3 Lobby room 3120 on the Sunrise. This room is right off the lobby were events and music are played threw out the night and right under the main show lounge. Yes it does have a obstructed view window that we did not have before. Has anyone stayed  in one of these lobby rooms?  Looking for input before i call Carnival and request a move.

Edited by phoneman69
spelling

I think it very much depends on your preferences, not some poster on cc. My sister has balance issues and would choose that room or across from a noisy elevator due to her walking issues. I'm guessing it's also a bigger cabin if it's on the outside. I'm a light sleeper but the noise wouldnt really bother me. I've been over the theater in the old days where the trumping of the base notes during shows came thru our floor.  Though I learned on a princess cruise I wouldnt want to be under the treadmill again. Some noises go too far. I'd take a bigger more convenient cabin that involved less elevator time, especially during covid any day myself. 

I think its depends on your own preferences not ours. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think it very much depends on your preferences, not some poster on cc. My sister has balance issues and would choose that room or across from a noisy elevator due to her walking issues. I'm guessing it's also a bigger cabin if it's on the outside. I'm a light sleeper but the noise wouldnt really bother me. I've been over the theater in the old days where the trumping of the base notes during shows came thru our floor.  Though I learned on a princess cruise I wouldnt want to be under the treadmill again. Some noises go too far. I'd take a bigger more convenient cabin that involved less elevator time, especially during covid any day myself. 

I think its depends on your own preferences not ours. 

Had that with a treadmill before and once while on the Carnival Valor, my room backed up to a pool pump. That was annoying.

To me, 3120 looks far away enough from the main lobby activities to not cause much disruption and towards the back of the theater. I wouldn’t stress this one.

My bigger concern would be that 3120 is a connecting room with 3116. In my one and only experience with a connecting room that was not a friend or relative, it was not pleasant because you could hear everything that went on their room. 
For what it’s worth, I would definitely change rooms, just my two cents....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinpips said:

My bigger concern would be that 3120 is a connecting room with 3116. In my one and only experience with a connecting room that was not a friend or relative, it was not pleasant because you could hear everything that went on their room. 
For what it’s worth, I would definitely change rooms, just my two cents....

Had not seen that issue. Thanks for pointing it out. Really torn about what to do. Leaning toward calling for a room change even if it is back to what i paid fore in side middle

2 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Had not seen that issue. Thanks for pointing it out. Really torn about what to do. Leaning toward calling for a room change even if it is back to what i paid fore in side middle

If you’re still thinking it won’t work for you, it’s probably better to call Carnival and see what your available options are. You don’t want to go on the cruise with a negative opinion beforehand of the room as you’ll only seek the negatives while onboard. 

• Like 1

Word of caution, you may be stuck.

We were on the Radiance and swapped to Breeze.  Very unhappy with cabin assignment. Was told cabins were locked and couldn’t be moved, now that they can be moved the rate code is a strange one and not listed on the website to price compare. A suite is now less than what we paid, but they are saying it’s a $1200 upgrade.

Bottom line, call and bug them ASAP. Do t take any ‘cabins are temporarily locked’ excuse. Move now if you want to move. 

I've been kind of almost under the main lounge on fantasy class and I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning on sleeping during one of the shows. I also accidentally booked a connecting room on vista and that was a bad experience because I could hear everything being said in the next room and felt like I couldn't turn my tv on after the neighbors were in bed because they might hear it. I'd try to switch rooms.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I've been kind of almost under the main lounge on fantasy class and I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning on sleeping during one of the shows. I also accidentally booked a connecting room on vista and that was a bad experience because I could hear everything being said in the next room and felt like I couldn't turn my tv on after the neighbors were in bed because they might hear it. I'd try to switch rooms.

I feel like that with non connecting, especially older ships. Neighbors woke me up just flushing their toilet, or slamming a drawer. Agree I felt I had to turn down my tv to hardly hear it, but that's always what I do. Cruise ships remind me of living in a college dorm.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I feel like that with non connecting, especially older ships. Neighbors woke me up just flushing their toilet, or slamming a drawer. Agree I felt I had to turn down my tv to hardly hear it, but that's always what I do. Cruise ships remind me of living in a college dorm.

I like the room I had on Panorama. It's basically at the beginning of a hallway with the bathroom on the opposite side of my neighbors room. No connecting room. I didn't hear a peep from the neighbors. And I didn't have to worry about taking early showers or listening to music or news while in the shower with no room on that side of my room. 

18 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

Word of caution, you may be stuck.

We were on the Radiance and swapped to Breeze.  Very unhappy with cabin assignment. Was told cabins were locked and couldn’t be moved, now that they can be moved the rate code is a strange one and not listed on the website to price compare. A suite is now less than what we paid, but they are saying it’s a $1200 upgrade.

Bottom line, call and bug them ASAP. Do t take any ‘cabins are temporarily locked’ excuse. Move now if you want to move. 

We were booked on the Radiance and we were upgraded when they reassigned us to the Breeze.  We dont know why we got so lucky. But we're very happy.  I do understand some people are very unhappy. 

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We were booked on the Radiance and we were upgraded when they reassigned us to the Breeze.  We dont know why we got so lucky. But we're very happy.  I do understand some people are very unhappy. 

I am not sure weather i should considerate it an upgrade. Yes moved from inside deck 2 middle to obstructed view picture window deck 3 forward. Yes i am on the frindge of the main loung on the deck above me and right off the main lobby. My PVP does not work again until tomorrow (monday). Hoping to find someone who's had cabin in this area.

You are quite a ways from the main lobby, with not only cabins but the elevator banks and stairs between.  My deck plan on cruisedeckplans does not show it as connecting, nor does the deckplan on Carnival.com.    But more concerning for me is the number of triple/quad cabins in the area.  EM

I agree with EM in that 3120 is not a connecting cabin. You are away enough from the atrium and on the outside edge of the Liquid Lounge where noise shouldn't be an issue. Though there are many triple and quad cabins (including yours) around you, cruising in January when there will not be a lot of family groups, given your circumstances,  I would be fine with 3120. YMMV.😎

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I agree with EM in that 3120 is not a connecting cabin. You are away enough from the atrium and on the outside edge of the Liquid Lounge where noise shouldn't be an issue. Though there are many triple and quad cabins (including yours) around you, cruising in January when there will not be a lot of family groups, given your circumstances,  I would be fine with 3120. YMMV.😎

Between your and EM's comments i am feeling a little better about the location. My main concern was the noise coming from the lobby. As past cruisers we all know that activities happen in the lobby at all hours including late. Thanks for your feed back.

Matt

6 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

I am not sure weather i should considerate it an upgrade. Yes moved from inside deck 2 middle to obstructed view picture window deck 3 forward. Yes i am on the frindge of the main loung on the deck above me and right off the main lobby. My PVP does not work again until tomorrow (monday). Hoping to find someone who's had cabin in this area.

I saw a vlog on YouTube by a couple who had a new cabin right off the Atrium.  They said they were surprised at how quiet it was.

I agree with other posters, I think you are far enough away not hear hear too much noise from the lobby.  I think you might enjoy the location.  Close to the bar for a drink and easy to step outside for some air.  Not sure though how much noise you may hear from the show lounge.  I would think that would only be a problem if you go to bed early.

Personally I would nto be concerned at all about noise fromt eh lobby area, but I would not be happy if I were under the stage itself, but it looks like OP is under seats in teh show lounge so it should not be too loud except when a show starts and ends.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:04 AM, phoneman69 said:

On My scheduled Jan 2021 cruise we had an interior room middle of ship on the Main Deck.  I am very much ok with interior rooms as long as there in the middle of the ship. We spend the savings in other parts of our cruise. We are now assigned to deck 3 Lobby room 3120 on the Sunrise. This room is right off the lobby were events and music are played threw out the night and right under the main show lounge. Yes it does have a obstructed view window that we did not have before. Has anyone stayed  in one of these lobby rooms?  Looking for input before i call Carnival and request a move.

spoke to PVP and he confirmed that Carnival considers this an Upgrade. (moving to a picture window obstructed view lifeboat ) He said we could look into a change back. I think at this point i am going to bite the bullet and stay with the room. Only issue is i am not going into the cruise full of wonder and delight. I am hoping the sailing happens in Jan 2021.

I love these cabins!  There is no noise issue from the Lobby, but you may hear rolling carts from above in the Lounge entryway.  The cabins are bigger than the interior and have a couch and coffee table.  This extra room and the window are a huge perk over the standard interior.  I also enjoy sitting on a lounger directly outside my cabin window.  It's a short walk to the Deck 3 door, and there is almost never anyone that far up on the deck up by these cabins.

My family has sailed both the Sensation and Sunrise, and most definitely the Sunrise is an upgrade!  We sailed a 10-day Journey cruise on the Sunrise last summer and really enjoyed all the extra amenities from such a small ship.  BTW, we sailed the Sunshine (Sunrise's sister ship) a few years back and the port side outside deck 3 was a smoking area.  Not sure if this applies to your cruise.

Edited by mpcaruth

On 8/26/2020 at 12:42 PM, mpcaruth said:

I love these cabins!  There is no noise issue from the Lobby, but you may hear rolling carts from above in the Lounge entryway.  The cabins are bigger than the interior and have a couch and coffee table.  This extra room and the window are a huge perk over the standard interior.  I also enjoy sitting on a lounger directly outside my cabin window.  It's a short walk to the Deck 3 door, and there is almost never anyone that far up on the deck up by these cabins.

My family has sailed both the Sensation and Sunrise, and most definitely the Sunrise is an upgrade!  We sailed a 10-day Journey cruise on the Sunrise last summer and really enjoyed all the extra amenities from such a small ship.  BTW, we sailed the Sunshine (Sunrise's sister ship) a few years back and the port side outside deck 3 was a smoking area.  Not sure if this applies to your cruise.

Thank you for all the info. Lobby noise was my biggest concern. Look forward to Sunrise as had sailed Triumph several times

We were recently on the Carnival Paradise this past January.  We had cabin E77 on the Empress deck.  This is the deck where you first board with the Atrium.  We were three cabins from the mail Atrium right behind the Guest Service desk.  We never heard much if anything coming from the Atrium including some of the parties that took place in the Atrium.  We really enjoyed the room since it was right in the middle of the ship.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kraj1234 said:

I am in room 3116 on the cruise with you.  I had the very same scenario and same concern with noise.  Thank you for asking the question!  Thanks to everyone for the input!

Well let's hope the sailing goes off without a hitch. I did call about the room but ended up keeping the room. Sure hope lobby bar and area don't interfere with the pleasure of cruising. Well see you onboard.