1st cruise after Covid......a success

jimbo5544

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Really, there cannot be false positives?

The Governor of Ohio tested positive when he was supposed to visit the President, and then of course was kept away from the President. But, it turned out to be a false positive.

Baseball in its testing has had some positive tests that were later proven to be false.

And those are just some prominent ones that I know of.

They say if you have even small particles in your nasal passage you can test positive, maybe you breathed in air that had particles, idk, but just have some in your nasal passages doesnt mean you come down with the virus. Idk how you could have some in your nasal passages though if you hadn't breathed some in. ... talking about nasal swab tests. 

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Really, there cannot be false positives?

The Governor of Ohio tested positive when he was supposed to visit the President, and then of course was kept away from the President. But, it turned out to be a false positive.

Baseball in its testing has had some positive tests that were later proven to be false.

And those are just some prominent ones that I know of.

Once you test positive, they keep retesting you until you are negative. It is possible to test positive (and be positive) and the next time test negative (and be negative).

If I were the governor of Ohio I would have faked it and I wouldn't be surprised if he did, too.

43 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If I were the governor of Ohio I would have faked it and I wouldn't be surprised if he did, too.

If I am not mistaken, the Governor of Ohio is a member of the same political party as the President, so I do not understand your statement.

Note this is not meant as a political post of any sort, just a statement of fact.

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

If I am not mistaken, the Governor of Ohio is a member of the same political party as the President, so I do not understand your statement.

Note this is not meant as a political post of any sort, just a statement of fact.

He speaks of disdain for the President, the Governor is a throw in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the OP that this cruise was a success, and it gave me a lot of encouragement. Yes, those who said pax from that cruise could still test positive at home are correct, and shall see, but even if that were to happen, the fact that the ship sailed a whole week without a case is fantastic! 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, OceanZena said:

While this is tentatively good news I thought it takes about a week or more for symptoms to start. I think a negative test upon debarking the ship can still potentially turn positive days later. Correct me if i'm misinformed on that. 

For me personally, I think after 2 or 3 months of no issues, then i'd be more comfortable sailing again. 

I don't think there will ever be a point of no issues at least not until we reach herd immunity.  The virus exists so it's going to be hard to go back to a point where it doesn't exist at all, if ever.  I think the key is going to be how it's handled if and when there is a case.  isolating that person as quickly as possible is going to be the key thing to do on a ship

• Like 1