Eden goes A la Carte on Apex

govanguy

This saddens me.  We ate in Edge for the tasting menu and it was one of the best dining experiences I’ve had.  When we cruise we want to try things we wouldn’t normally have.  I just hope they don’t change it to appease the masses appetite of a cheeseburger, fries and a coke.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Govanguy

Thanks for posting..sounds interesting.

We love the space where EDEN  is located and  think we will enjoy the new approach.    Our fav will probably remain Cafe Bistro for lunches!

I am trying to   gather all APEX  info together so will add a link in the ALL ABOUT APEX thread!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another boo, the tasting menu in Eden was/is excellent and a special experience at sea. Glad we got to do it. I’m sure the price and the amount of food with limited choices and the “edginess” of it (lol), turned too many people off 

I’m with those who are disappointed.  We dined in Eden on our January 12, 2020 cruise and it was the best meal we’ve had on a cruise and maybe on land.  I have some food allergies and the replacements were out of this world.  Please note we have sailed both Oceania and Virgin Ocean and exclusively ate in their specialties and they were great.  Eden was superior.

• Thanks 1

Doesn’t sound like much of a difference to me!

More like a lot of marketing blowing up very little change.

You can still have the same food, you can still taste the same items... but instead on paying a cover charge, you pay by dish/item... so?!

That´s how it’s done on land an in many specialty restaurants of other cruise lines. Works just fine... some might end up paying a few $ more, others a few $ less.

Restaurant option may sound fabulous only in case their food is fabulous. I mean, sometimes you get a buffet which is much better than all those Al la carte options. Moreover, I hate ordering and waiting for food in the mornings, how are they going to deal with breakfasts? Al la carte as well? I doubt it, they might come up with some other solution 

33 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

You can still have the same food, you can still taste the same items... but instead on paying a cover charge, you pay by dish/item... so?!

I'm no so sure about that.  From the article....

"the food will be less about aesthetics and more about flavors"

Sounds like a different menu.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Just different presentation... maybe less gimmicky.

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Restaurant option may sound fabulous only in case their food is fabulous. I mean, sometimes you get a buffet which is much better than all those Al la carte options. Moreover, I hate ordering and waiting for food in the mornings, how are they going to deal with breakfasts? Al la carte as well? I doubt it, they might come up with some other solution 

Eden does not serve breakfast - it’s a specialty restaurant!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

It is not a buffet in EDEN

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Doesn’t sound like much of a difference to me!

More like a lot of marketing blowing up very little change.

You can still have the same food, you can still taste the same items

How do you know this true?

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

An educated guess! It’s unlikely that Celebrity would start having different menus in the same restaurant on different ships.

Actually the menu in Eden on the Edge will stay the same (at least for now).

According to a video released by X only Apex's menu in Eden is being changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I Am sure were someone wanted an Eden 'tasting menu' on The Apex, just continually request it when making a reservation the message will flow through for sure.

I must say that the vegan tasting menu in Eden, served me on The Edge was phenomenal to say the least, and imaginative.

Eden dining is not for everyone, that is for sure, but it was well worth it for us even though I was a bit skeptical when the concept was first introduced way back when...

bon appetite and bon voyage

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I Am sure were someone wanted an Eden 'tasting menu' on The Apex, just continually request it when making a reservation the message will flow through for sure.

I must say that the vegan tasting menu in Eden, served me on The Edge was phenomenal to say the least, and imaginative.

Eden dining is not for everyone, that is for sure, but it was well worth it for us even though I was a bit skeptical when the concept was first introduced way back when...

bon appetite and bon voyage

One of the reasons given for changing the menu was that some guests wanted a dining experience either before, or after, the shows.

We just made reservations for Eden on 2 cruises on Apex and there were 4 dining times offered: 6:00, 6:30, 8:00 and 8:30 pm. We're really looking forward to it! I might even try the Vegan option. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mnocket said:

The other thing that made me sad was the talk about locally sourced. The Eden tasting menu approached a land-based fine dining establishment in quality, taste and imagination, but it is still on a ship. By the health rules, they are exceptionally limited in their fresh food and what they can locally source. A land restaurant doing what they were trying to do would likely get produce twice a week, and likely meat and fish more often, too - Eden can’t do that. For me that means more freezing and more of a fall-off in quality as the week wears on.

We actually ate there twice- lots of onboard credit and nothing to spend on. The second meal was not as amazing as the first, although very little of the difference was taste of the food.

My advice C-Dragons, get one of the early seatings. The A team for presentation and service works early. 😉

31 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We actually ate there twice- lots of onboard credit and nothing to spend on. The second meal was not as amazing as the first, although very little of the difference was taste of the food.

My advice C-Dragons, get one of the early seatings. The A team for presentation and service works early. 😉

Thanks, we did. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons