Which Cruise Lines will do the best in the new normal?

SelectSys

18 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Which Cruise Lines will do the best in the new normal?

All who adapt.... too what is ever needed to sail......   I think that it about that......

Also the bottom line it is about the cruise lines making money......

Don

Agree and true of almost any business even during normal times. My gut says market segment is not going to be a major factor  I think those that manage to survive will see no shortage of demand when cruising is allowed again.   Seems they are taking forward looking steps with the bookings & FCCs.    

1 hour ago, clo said:

Which seems to be a monumental problem in the restaurant industry. I just read recently that 100 restaurants in San Francisco have closed permanently.

July report says as high as 350 but that is still only .7%. I would bet a normal year sees at least half that. It is sad but our city of less than 100K saw 7 closures in the few months before Covid.

FYI it would help if you quoted more than a word or two when responding to keep things in context. You can underline or bold if you think necessary.

21 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

FYI it would help if you quoted more than a word or two when responding to keep things in context. You can underline or bold if you think necessary.

I only do that if it's a general not specific reply but I'll do more. I find it more than a little annoying when someone hits "quote" and the whole thing gets copied. Makes threads sooo long. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, clo said:

I only do that if it's a general not specific reply but I'll do more. I find it more than a little annoying when someone hits "quote" and the whole thing gets copied. Makes threads sooo long. Thanks.

That was just right. Pick out what you need in a complete sentence—or more. Agree with you especially when a quote includes a bunch of pics.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

July report says as high as 350 but that is still only .7%. I would bet a normal year sees at least half that. It is sad but our city of less than 100K saw 7 closures in the few months before Covid.

Failure rates for restnts are high to begin with even in normal times and especially in SF. I think a normal year actually sees more than 350 in SF.   Of course we have not had a full year of the pandemic closures and the stimulus was a lifeline that hopefully kept a lot open.   Whatever the case, it aint good.