Princess Announces Its 2021-22 Australian Season!

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

I wonder if they are factoring reduced passenger capacity into the fare structures.

Need to Jack it up a bit to cover costs.

Possibly.

One cruise I've just checked, Sydney to Yokohama on Pacific Princess, is around $1000pp dearer than the one I have booked for early next year. 😮

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs G is ting to talk me into PNG on Pacific.

Plea of Not Guilty? 🤣 You know PNG.   I am not a fan of PNG, they rip us off for visas when we give them millions in foreign aid. I was in Rabaul in 1970 and there again in 2005, still a dump, god only knows where the money goes, I have a presumption.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Plea of Not Guilty? 🤣 You know PNG.   I am not a fan of PNG, they rip us off for visas when we give them millions in foreign aid. I was in Rabaul in 1970 and there again in 2005, still a dump, god only knows where the money goes, I have a presumption.

The ports cruises go to are lovely - well except Rabaul. I would classify it as 'interesting' for its WWII history (and WWI history as well) and the volcano. We didn't have to pay for PNG visas when we went on a cruise.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

The ports cruises go to are lovely - well except Rabaul. I would classify it as 'interesting' for its WWII history (and WWI history as well) and the volcano. We didn't have to pay for PNG visas when we went on a cruise.

They must have changed the rules re visas on cruises, probably hit the cruise line up more for port charges in lieu.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, but I'm wondering if they are thinking of homeporting her out of Fremantle but didn't manage to firm up itineraries in time for the upcoming release.

That would be brilliant for Fremantle 👏

Talk on Princess forum is both these ships are not returning 😢 

Edited by Porky55

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

That would be brilliant for Fremantle 👏

Talk on Princess forum is both these ships are not returning 😢 

Not that I think it will happen but we are supposedly on the Sun for the Northern Explorer in March 21

Cheers Carole

On 9/3/2020 at 6:33 AM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Princess Has Unveiled Its 2021-22 Australian Season:

From Cruise Passenger:

3rd September 2020.

Princess Cruises has unveiled its plans for their 2021-22 Australian season, with the Royal Princess and Coral Princess heading Down Under.

The season also includes plans for Coral Princess’ first roundtrip world cruise from Australia in 2022, as well as the return of Emerald Princess and Sapphire Princess.

The ships will be homeported in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney and the arrival of the Royal Princess will have the line’s OceanMedallion technology.

There has been a massive reshuffle within the line, with the Diamond Princess leaving Asia and the Ruby Princess and Majestic Princess heading to Alaska and North America.

The Regal Princess, which was also due to start sailing from Sydney this year, does not appear to also be on the schedule for the 2021/22 wave season....Read more https://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-has-unveiled-its-2021-22-australian-season/

No mention as of yet about the Sun / Sea Princess 😞 or what the Regal Princess is up to.

Wow, some interesting changes are happening. I am surprised that there are so many ships changing places right now. I mean I got used to hearing how these ships are stationed still somewhere in the middle of nowhere, but not at least I can see some of the operation going. 

On 9/3/2020 at 1:33 PM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Princess Has Unveiled Its 2021-22 Australian Season:

From Cruise Passenger:

3rd September 2020.

Princess Cruises has unveiled its plans for their 2021-22 Australian season, with the Royal Princess and Coral Princess heading Down Under.

The season also includes plans for Coral Princess’ first roundtrip world cruise from Australia in 2022, as well as the return of Emerald Princess and Sapphire Princess.

The ships will be homeported in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney and the arrival of the Royal Princess will have the line’s OceanMedallion technology.

There has been a massive reshuffle within the line, with the Diamond Princess leaving Asia and the Ruby Princess and Majestic Princess heading to Alaska and North America.

The Regal Princess, which was also due to start sailing from Sydney this year, does not appear to also be on the schedule for the 2021/22 wave season....Read more https://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-has-unveiled-its-2021-22-australian-season/

No mention as of yet about the Sun / Sea Princess 😞 or what the Regal Princess is up to.

Any idea which ship will be home ported in Brisbane  please 🙂

30 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think it is the Coral Princess. Obviously, she will operate out of the new terminal.

My favourite Ship, did Panama canal on her. She will be popular here, great ship too for 2022 Worldie. I am saving my pennies.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have a few FCDs with Princess so easy to book without risking much.

Same. The Coral one to PNG falls nicely with my birthday that year. I think its probably the only one I could coax Pete onto as a first cruise back. He really wants to do the world war stuff.

I have just had the most wonderful phone support call with Princess.

It didn't start off well though. I had received an email a couple of weeks ago informing me that I had been assigned to a new Vacation Planner. Normally I don't use one but thought I might try her out leading up to the new release next Tuesday. I rang the number ... "Our office is closed for the holiday...". OK, I guess that Vacation Planner is in the US, since it's a public holiday there. Scrap that idea! 

So I rang the usual Australian Princess support number and connected to the most wonderful person. 

My first request was simple, cancel the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise we have booked for September 2021 to free up the FCD for next Tuesday's bookings. That was quickly done.

My next request was a bit more complicated: 

We have a Sydney to Yokohama Pacific Princess cruise booked for April 2021 which may or may not happen. It was a BF guarantee booking, but booked as a base fare, not the new Plus fare. We'd also booked the flight home through EZair, a fantastically cheap business class flight with China Airlines via Taipei. The FCD I used for that booking expired 22 March.

I wanted to change to a selected BB cabin at the Plus fare, which wasn't easy because of the FCD and the flight, as it would have to be a new booking.

First she checked that the cheap flights were still available. They were and they were actually a bit cheaper.

Then she spent quite a while getting the FCD expiry date extended.

Then she created the new booking, at the new fare, and booked the flight, and cancelled the old booking.

Awesome service. I wish she was my Vacation Planner and I told her so. Unfortunately she only works two days a week for Princess.

Much to my annoyance I realised just after I'd hung up that I hadn't noted her name. Oh well, mystery Princess support lady, you are a star! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2