HAL vs Celebrity - not like the old threads!

suec12

Long ago, when we were all sailing, there were many threads like this. Different times! but something I have noticed, X keeps sending me emails, deals, price machinations, and as far as I can tell, HAL seems to have stopped such enticements. I get no emails from HAL. I rebooked a cruise back in June for next May and check from time to time and see no price flucuations. I was hoping for  lower price, seems they are just offering sort of "have it all" pricing but maybe they are just waiting to see what the situation is going to be.

By the way, does anyone know when either X or HAL plan to return to any itineraries?

6 minutes ago, suec12 said:

By the way, does anyone know when either X or HAL plan to return to any itineraries?

This is discussed ad nauseum every day here at CC in every forum.  No one knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry Roz - I used to check in frequently, too depressing now but hey, you got to add to your number of postings!😉

Well now I wonder why I don't get HAL emails - are any deals offered? like $50 deposits? Thanks!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, suec12 said:

Sorry Roz - I used to check in frequently, too depressing now but hey, you got to add to your number of postings!😉

Well now I wonder why I don't get HAL emails - are any deals offered? like $50 deposits? Thanks!

Nothing like that Sue.  The only thing I did was rebook with my FCC.  I got free gratuities, a few dinners, a drink package, 20% off shore excursions "have it all sale". There were no suites left by time I booked so I missed free internet.   Also because my next cruise is July 2021 I am covered by the Covid cancel policy (see the website).  But no, I haven't seen any great deals. I also get promotions from river cruises and the American cruise lines - nada.

I continue to get emails from both Celebrity and HAL.  I've been looking at some 2021 cruises.  HAL seems to have better prices, but I've seen better deals (included packages) on Celebrity.  If all else is even, I'll almost always lean toward Celebrity because I like their ships much better.  

6 hours ago, suec12 said:

Long ago, when we were all sailing, there were many threads like this. Different times! but something I have noticed, X keeps sending me emails, deals, price machinations, and as far as I can tell, HAL seems to have stopped such enticements. I get no emails from HAL. I rebooked a cruise back in June for next May and check from time to time and see no price flucuations. I was hoping for  lower price, seems they are just offering sort of "have it all" pricing but maybe they are just waiting to see what the situation is going to be.

Sign up for e-mails again.  There was a recent e-mail for those booked on Alaska cruises about discounts on excursions that ends in a few days..  

I get emails from both about equal in frequency, Think about emails....the VAST majority are meaningless, misleading, or don't pertain to me.  Example..."20% off shore excursions, new and  booked guest. Reserve yours now." Sounds like it would be for MY cruise(Panama Canal).  NOPE! After you CLICK...its only Alaska and Europe!

I sailed Celebrity once and continue to this day to get the most emails from them. HAL less frequently despite having sailed with them more. Lots from Silversea and Cunard due to my sailings with them over the years. Does any incentives really work? For me its about the destination first. Cruise line and price follows but I either like the voyage enough or I don't so I find most of the promotional emails I receive useless. As for the upcoming year(s) - didn't try to replace what I lost in 2020. Taking a chance 2022 is more hopeful but went off in a totally different direction putting a deposit on a line I have not sailed with before. Thus HAL and Celebrity both lost out.

We got far more junk snail mail and brochures from HAL than from anyone else.   Tried three times to get off the mailing list to no avail.   Moving solved it.

Lots of email from Celebrity and Princess.  Some from Oceania though I do not know why.

Cruises are like mattresses. There is always a special sale because we are special customers.

9 hours ago, suec12 said:

I get e-mails from X every day.. I have not sailed them but for the last month I have received them daily and somtime more than one a day.

Booked in 2021 with Celebrity x 2 cruises, 1 cruise with HAL and 1 cruise with Princess. Seldom hear from any of them via E-mail. Guess they figure my wallet has been emptied for next year!

Now we wait and see if any, or all four of them, actually sail.

• Like 1