When Does RCCL Update Pricing on a Lift and Shift?

yogimax

Well over a week ago, I did a Lift and Shift from January 2021 to January 2022.  I asked if I would get an email confirmation and the agent said to wait a few days as information is updated.

Well, it's more than a few days so I checked online.  The new cruise is indeed confirmed BUT when I clicked the "Make a Payment" link to check the price, it now shows $2300 due, rather than the original cruise price of $1400.

Still no email confirmation.  Yes, I will call, but was wondering what your experience has been when doing a L&S.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

You can call and make an automated request for a current invoice without having to wait to talk to someone. This will tell you for sure when the update has been effected. 

Interesting.  How do you access the automated line?

I've done a few.  On the recent one, I got the updated invoice automatically emailed a couple hours after lifting and sifting. For one I had to call in a couple weeks later. For another one, I had connecting rooms. Got an updated invoice for one of the rooms a couple hours later (my kids room).   For the other room I had to call in for it a couple weeks later 

All were lifted and sifted over the phone so I could select the room(s).

Edited by LuCruise

3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

On the recent one, I got the updated invoice automatically emailed a couple hours after lifting and sifting. For one I had to call in a couple weeks later. For another one, I had connecting rooms. Got an updated invoice for one of the rooms a couple hours later (my kids room).   For the other room I had to call in for it a couple weeks later 

Why can it take from a couple of hours to weeks or more?

One would think this is all done by a computer program.  Can it be they have one person sitting in a cubicle manually doing all these?

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

One would think this is all done by a computer program.  Can it be they have one person sitting in a cubicle manually doing all these?

"Cubicle"...aren't they still working remotely :classic_wink:

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

I have found that if everything is straight forward, the shift has been done on line, The same cabin categories exIt’s in both ships and no FCC’s had been applied to the initial reservation then I have the updated pricing the same day. 

If I call in or if the exact category doesn’t exist or if a FCC had been applied then it takes longer.

i suspect that doing it online and there are no flags or anomalies then it’s all handled by a computer or sone very low level employee who has the authority to do it.  Once there are any deviations then it needs to go to the next level for review, either a person or an employee with more authority...this is where the system can get bogged down and take longer.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have found that if everything is straight forward, the shift has been done on line, The same cabin categories exIt’s in both ships and no FCC’s had been applied to the initial reservation then I have the updated pricing the same day. 

If I call in or if the exact category doesn’t exist or if a FCC had been applied then it takes longer.

i suspect that doing it online and there are no flags or anomalies then it’s all handled by a computer or sone very low level employee who has the authority to do it.  Once there are any deviations then it needs to go to the next level for review, either a person or an employee with more authority...this is where the system can get bogged down and take longer.

As per Ourusualbeach, the one that was emailed automatically in a couple hours was a move to the exact same stateroom (by done by phone ).  Having said that, the one where I received one of the invoices for the connecting rooms was not room to room.  In fact, it even had a re-categorization of the staterooms (from 2 "balcony" rooms to "connecting balcony" rooms).  I was surprised that I got even one of them automatically.  I also personally suspect that I could have waited forever and those other invoices weren't ever going to be automatically emailed....so i just called.  No issue though, the agent emailed them.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:16 PM, yogimax said:

Well over a week ago, I did a Lift and Shift from January 2021 to January 2022.  I asked if I would get an email confirmation and the agent said to wait a few days as information is updated.

Well, it's more than a few days so I checked online.  The new cruise is indeed confirmed BUT when I clicked the "Make a Payment" link to check the price, it now shows $2300 due, rather than the original cruise price of $1400.

Still no email confirmation.  Yes, I will call, but was wondering what your experience has been when doing a L&S.

Thanks!

I had mine within 3 days

I did a L&S a week ago and received the invoice while I was still on the phone with the cust svc rep.  That invoice had the current pricing for the new booking, and the rep told me I will get a revised invoice within 3 days to reflect the price guarantee. I received the updated invoice the following day.  So my L&S experience worked beautifully. 

Our lift and shift from January 2021 to January 2022 was from Star loft to Star loft. We did not have a price change as the price we paid was guaranteed in the shift (although the cabin we shifted to was 5000 more than what we paid). Our rate went down a little due to lower taxes in the different ports.

We received a new confirmation/invoice from our travel agent a week or two after (although we saw the shift in Royal’s cruise planner a day or so after).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums