Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Certainly is uncle Les,

I believe the ship is at a reduced capacity and that is probably the reason.

Theres a lot of cruises to Eden 3-4 nights .

I think if anything happens early next year ,they are the type of cruises are likely .

I agree, Phillip. But whether Sydney will be able to homeport ships is a very big question mark. Brisbane is the most likely, I imagine. Melbourne maybe. But unless Gladys and her mates get this outbreak squashed there will be strong resistance to having cruise shils in Sydney Harbour. 😥

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Certainly is uncle Les,

I believe the ship is at a reduced capacity and that is probably the reason.

Theres a lot of cruises to Eden 3-4 nights .

I think if anything happens early next year ,they are the type of cruises are likely .

And the new Eden Welcome Centre/Cruise Terminal awaits..I have been down there a couple of times in the past year.

eden-welcome-centre_davidrogersphotography-2874-3.jpg.5e1e744ddeb90eae538de5a40a747c43.jpgeden-welcome-centre_detail_davidrogersphotography-3431-3.jpg.744363ee1049bfc2a6ed2fa936bd0261.jpgeden-welcome-centre_davidrogersphotography-0936-3.jpg.f0810c272b232c8f6715b0e7d3998dae.jpg

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I agree, Phillip. But whether Sydney will be able to homeport ships is a very big question mark. Brisbane is the most likely, I imagine. Melbourne maybe. But unless Gladys and her mates get this outbreak squashed there will be strong resistance to having cruise shils in Sydney Harbour. 😥

Who knows what will happen in 6 months 

Actually ovation does at least a one way trip to Brisbane and does a cruise,then back to Sydney for more.

Don't think she will come to Melb.  This was posted when she first came to Aust.  You will notice that her itineraries by-pass Melb.

According to its owners, Port Phillip Bay isn't deep enough and Station Pier isn't well-enough equipped to handle the 168,666-gross tonne, billion-dollar mega-ship.

"Although we wanted to bring Ovation of the Seas to Melbourne, unfortunately Station Pier is not yet capable of berthing the largest and newest ship to sail these waters," says Adam Armstrong, managing director of Royal Caribbean Australia and New Zealand (RCI). "The reasons for this are related to both the depth and width of the channel in Port Phillip Bay and the load and wind-bearing capacity of Station Pier."

I think the Vic government will not be very keen to have ships here in the foreseable future, not with our lockdowns, the current one just being extended a further week.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Very nice uncle Les.

I see oyster farm tours are available.

Probably at Wheelers Oyster Farm just north of Pambula, half hour from Eden. Great oysters and a great seafood restaurant, have eaten there. They do factory tours and tastings, that would be a good little tour, if you like oysters.

be87a4_b8f952d9356046858fdf193cf4586f24_mv2.webp

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Don't think she will come to Melb.  This was posted when she first came to Aust.  You will notice that her itineraries by-pass Melb.

According to its owners, Port Phillip Bay isn't deep enough and Station Pier isn't well-enough equipped to handle the 168,666-gross tonne, billion-dollar mega-ship.

"Although we wanted to bring Ovation of the Seas to Melbourne, unfortunately Station Pier is not yet capable of berthing the largest and newest ship to sail these waters," says Adam Armstrong, managing director of Royal Caribbean Australia and New Zealand (RCI). "The reasons for this are related to both the depth and width of the channel in Port Phillip Bay and the load and wind-bearing capacity of Station Pier."

I think the Vic government will not be very keen to have ships here in the foreseable future, not with our lockdowns, the current one just being extended a further week.

I always wondered why Ovation and Quantum didn’t go to Melbourne.

Think I read somewhere that she would have trouble doing the dog leg after coming through the heads.  Those big ships act like sail ships in strong winds.

And we do get some fierce winds at Port Melbourne like the Spirit of Tassie experienced a few years ago when she broke her moorings and nearly went aground.

Not sure if they have replaced the rotted pylons under the pier yet.  The maintenance was due to be done last year but then covid struck.

36 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Think I read somewhere that she would have trouble doing the dog leg after coming through the heads.  Those big ships act like sail ships in strong winds.

And we do get some fierce winds at Port Melbourne like the Spirit of Tassie experienced a few years ago when she broke her moorings and nearly went aground.

Not sure if they have replaced the rotted pylons under the pier yet.  The maintenance was due to be done last year but then covid struck.

Maybe they should have gone with that belt&road thing LOL

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

And the Spirit of Tas does not have 18 decks above the waterline.  The cruise ships have a very high superstructure not real wind resistant.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Here’s something I found about Ovation,Quite a few venues are only available if you are vaccinated.

image.thumb.jpeg.b937d56d05bd03f12fba94f687a18da9.jpeg

A clever way for the cruise line. It could be difficult for them to legally prevent people booking or boarding the ship, but it would be easy to impose restrictions when they are on the ship. Cruising would not be so attractive for the non-vaccinated.

I was listening to some senior legal eagle on the radio about  enforcing mandatory vaccination.

He said he couldn’t see a problem ,the only place he could see it not being in force is government public transport.

The government is legislated to  provide transport to anyone.

But a public company is in its right to protect its workers and customers.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was listening to some senior legal eagle on the radio about  enforcing mandatory vaccination.

He said he couldn’t see a problem ,the only place he could see it not being in force is government public transport.

And for those clowns who are anti vaxxers and on Welfare, cancel their payments whether it be disability benefit, aged pensions, unemployment benefits. They can starve for all I care, they are ruining life for those of us who do conform.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And for those clowns who are anti vaxxers and on Welfare, cancel their payments whether it be disability benefit, aged pensions, unemployment benefits. They can starve for all I care, they are ruining life for those of us who do conform.

What about the pot smoking hippies uncle Les? You forgot them.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

What about the pot smoking hippies uncle Les? You forgot them.

Yes, add them to my list, oxygen thieves.

I should be Prime Minister, lol.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, add them to my list, oxygen thieves.

I should be Prime Minister, lol.

I think things are getting to you and the other Princess cruises uncle Les.

You and @OzKiwiJJ need to join the crown & anchor society and relax.

Hey what about these boots kicking in the front door of Yarra bay sailing club?

And Rolf wearing them.

image.thumb.jpeg.0589acde3ed9f216c4c7d978197983dc.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think things are getting to you and the other Princess cruises uncle Les.

You and @OzKiwiJJ need to join the crown & anchor society and relax.

Hey what about these boots kicking in the front door of Yarra bay sailing club?

And Rolf wearing them.

image.thumb.jpeg.0589acde3ed9f216c4c7d978197983dc.jpeg

Awful looking things. The Texans can keep them. If I walked down Clyde St, the main street in Batemans Bay, wearing those, I would be locked up.  If you wear a jacket and tie down here you would get locked up, so certainly them there boots are jail bait.  

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

Royal Caribbean Group are introducing purple wristbands for vaccinated Passengers.

If you don’t have one you can’t eat in the restaurants ,you have to eat in your cabin. And no entertainment, no drinks at the bar.

image.jpeg.1d8987da96b30972413f53fd58128238.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, Chiliburn said:

Hence why I fully support Qantas position on mandating vaccination for their staff and the proposed no vaccine no fly policy.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 12:25 PM, NSWP said:

And for those anti vaxxers who are employed and pay taxes, there should be an additional health levy on top of the Medicare levy if they want to access the public health system. 

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal Caribbean Group are introducing purple wristbands for vaccinated Passengers.

If you don’t have one you can’t eat in the restaurants ,you have to eat in your cabin. And no entertainment, no drinks at the bar.

image.jpeg.1d8987da96b30972413f53fd58128238.jpeg

They look like the paper ones you get from music festivals...I hope they give out a new one each day as they don't really last more than a day or so. Would have made more sense to have the information on the sail card and make scanning into dining venues and what not mandatory.

43 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

They look like the paper ones you get from music festivals...I hope they give out a new one each day as they don't really last more than a day or so. Would have made more sense to have the information on the sail card and make scanning into dining venues and what not mandatory.

I had one of those from iFly which lasted a week.

The wristbands are probably more visible.