Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Hey, what do you want? 😁 You had your meals cooked for you, your laundry done and you were looked after. Maybe it wasn't as good as a cruise, but at the moment we have to take what we can get.

Joking aside, I am glad that you have been recuperating well. All the best. 💘

Yummmm..

2707F72B-57F9-44AE-9611-9977F14345FA.jpeg.140dccf0b66f88719b2f3281bc9d7dc7.jpeg

675B131D-7EAC-49C2-8B6B-92260B910957.jpeg.11007030edc8fe65b25ebd458fbb2d26.jpeg

On 11/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, MMDown Under said:

I love it when people manage to stay in their own homes, with help, as they age.  I've spent my life visiting nursing homes and no matter how good they are it is not like in your own home.  Agree eating health meals is the key to a healthy old age!

You know the old saying...'Be nice to your kids, they are the ones that pick your nursing home.'   I have an antidote for that SKI - Spend Kids Inheritance.😂 They don't see the humour in that. We tried hard at the SKI thing the past 17 years, with 3 month and 2 month trips away almost annually, cruises and land travel in OZ and overseas. Since June I have had 5 mini road trips around and around NSW. Enjoyed it all.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You know the old saying...'Be nice to your kids, they are the ones that pick your nursing home.'   I have an antidote for that SKI - Spend Kids Inheritance.😂 They don't see the humour in that. We tried hard at the SKI thing the past 17 years, with 3 month and 2 month trips away almost annualy, cruises and land travel in OZ and overseas. Since June I have had 5 mini road trips around and around NSW. Enjoyed it all.

Good for you!  I like the expression "Life is not a dress rehearsal".  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Yummmm..

2707F72B-57F9-44AE-9611-9977F14345FA.jpeg.140dccf0b66f88719b2f3281bc9d7dc7.jpeg

675B131D-7EAC-49C2-8B6B-92260B910957.jpeg.11007030edc8fe65b25ebd458fbb2d26.jpeg

The last time I was in hospital I saved all the little plastic ones they gave me. They've come in handy when I'm mixing plastic resins as they had ml graduations marked on them.

37 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I had a look at booking a Lord Howe Island holiday. They're booked out well into next year.

Did you look at booking smaller places direct?  I'd be visiting if we could still fly from Brisbane direct.  Considering Norfolk Island again next year. 

I am so glad we did LDH last year. We were considering post phoning it to this year but then they released the perfect classic reward flights in our preferred dates🤗. It was like the universe wanted us to go there 😂

Edited by ilikeanswers

40 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

No, didn't think of that. Just looked at a booking agency.

I always book direct.  You might like to try these places where we have stayed.  Both are decedents of original settlers.

• Ocean View
  • Blue Lagoon (has one hire car which we hired for a day to drive to see sunrise on opposite end of island, followed by BBQ breakfast (wood supplied) and a walk from the far end of the island)
  • Somerset (next door to Blue Lagoon)
  • All are walking distance to everywhere central (shops, cafes etc.)
  • However each resort drives you to cafes at night and cafes drive you home, which is a lovely custom