Lift and Shift versus 125%

We didn't hesitate to L/S...from May 2021 to April 2022 same 7 night eastern caribbean just leaving from Cape Canaveral instead of POM , Harmony instead of Symphony. The pricing on our new cruise was considerably higher but with the price protection we got a great deal. 

The May 2021 cruise was a May 2020 cruise replacement that RCI cancelled so we had FCC's (125%) on that and went from JS's to one bedroom GS's.

All this cancellations and L/S ended up working out good for us for 2022.

In addition I also did a L/S on my April 2021 B2B southern caribbean to March 2022.

Hope they extend the L/S as I think more and more cruises may not sail late 2020 until mid 2021.

15 minutes ago, deebeecruiser said:

We are getting close to our cruise and are considering changing it until next year.  As we look at pricing for next year it is almost twice what we have already paid.  ANy ideas as to which is a better deal?

If you can lift and shift to a cruise that is 200% of what you paid, that is a better deal than 125%

• Like 1

I did a Lift & Shift of our owners suite on a 7 day western Caribbean on Rhapsody in March 2021 to an owners suite on Harmony in March 2022 for half the cost of the Harmony cruise!  Then I rebooked the rhapsody cruise.  If it gets cancelled, I’ll get the FCC and apply it to the Harmony cruise.  Win Win!!  I could never justify the cost of a Sky Class suite but for $5,300, I am ALL IN!!!  My family is very excited.

• Like 1

^^^ no.

if there is a cruise a year down the road that fits your needs then take the L&S.  if not then get a refund.

We took the L&S and our new cruise is valued over 3X to what our original cruise was, out of a better port and on the newest ship in the fleet, ya so were pretty happy.

Edited by csnarpy

We were able to L/S from Allure this year to Harmony next year.

The Harmony price was at the time being sold about 40% more expensive than we paid for Allure although since it has come down in price albeit not near to the original price we paid for Allure.

If L/S works for you I think it’s the better deal.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Neither, take the refund when your sailing is cancelled.

Starting to be a risk that the cruise might go, albeit with lots of protocols the op might not want. No guarantee of the 125% if it goes. Depends what port it's from too.

Lift and shift ends the end of sept, so if he doesnt lift and shift before then and it's not extended he might lose that opportunity.

Edited by firefly333