Oasis question.

20 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Looking at a room on the oasis on deck 8, large balcony room, I know there is alot of traffic on that floor, any opinions, thanks

Deck 8 on Oasis is a very popular location...we have always preferred mid to aft.

35 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Looking at a room on the oasis on deck 8, large balcony room, I know there is alot of traffic on that floor, any opinions, thanks

Lots of foot traffic in the promenade but not in the halls. Only way to access the hallways is around the outside of the elevators. A hump cabin on 8 would be very nice.  Center hump cabin on forward hump is a great choice.  We have had that cabin location on deck 12 several times and views are great. 

• Like 1

My only complaint about those deck 8 hump rooms is that it CAN be a long walk from the aft elevators.  Since you have to go completely around restaurant row it can sometimes be a bit of a slog.  It's really quiet on deck 8 behind the restaurants though....and you're so close to Central Park.  I enjoyed the Deck 8 hump balconies that we have had even though I complained about the walk every time.

My only complaint about those deck 8 hump rooms is that it CAN be a long walk from the aft elevators.  Since you have to go completely around restaurant row it can sometimes be a bit of a slog.  It's really quiet on deck 8 behind the restaurants though....and you're so close to Central Park.  I enjoyed the Deck 8 hump balconies that we have had even though I complained about the walk every time.

Can you explain? I’m missing something. The distance between front and aft elevators are the same on all floors, so what makes the “walk around the restaurants” different?

1 hour ago, rcixfan5 said:

Can you explain? I’m missing something. The distance between front and aft elevators are the same on all floors, so what makes the “walk around the restaurants” different?

I guess my complaint is the distance of the hump rooms from the aft elevator.  You’re right - it is not a unique situation to deck 8.  

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I guess my complaint is the distance of the hump rooms from the aft elevator.  You’re right - it is not a unique situation to deck 8.  

Alway prefer aft elevator bank. They take us where we want to go more than the forward ones

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, nashirak said:

We like deck or deck 8. We like 7 since you’re only one deck away from either the boardwalk or Central Park. We like to stay near the aft elevator bank. 

I avoid 7 like I do 14. That lack of a crossover between the aft elevators is beyond irritating. 

8 and 6 are awesome

• Like 3

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I avoid 7 like I do 14. That lack of a crossover between the aft elevators is beyond irritating. 

8 and 6 are awesome

We've done a bit of 8 and 6 and personally prefer 6.  8 is nice for proximity to Central Park, but 6 is just a quick 2 flights of stairs as well.  But 6 has phenomenal access to Boardwalk, Schooner Bar, Promenade, Entertainment, Dining Room, etc.  So we do try and book near the aft elevators on 6 nowadays.

• Like 1