Shuttle service to Port Canaveral

Hello,  I’m sure there are tons of posts on this already , but I don’t  feel like looking. Can anyone recommend a shuttle service down to Cocoa Beach from MCO , then back to MCO after the cruise . We want to try something different from using Royals transportation from a hotel down and back.....TIA 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Cortrans is popular as is Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

But best thing to do is rent a car at MCO and return in Cape Canaveral.  The do a shuttle to get back to MCO after cruise

Your best thing is a great idea if just 2/3 people...but there are 10 of us...so that won't work.

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They do 15 passenger vans at Budget

10 is an expensive shuttle bill

So is a 15 pax van $$..We have 6 adults and 4 kids that need car seats (and lot's of luggage) so taking that into consideration the round trip private shuttle I thought was our best option.

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So is a 15 pax van $$..We have 6 adults and 4 kids that need car seats (and lot's of luggage) so taking that into consideration the round trip private shuttle I thought was our best option.

Back in the day I saw rental vans with large groups 3 or 4 days a week.  All the rental companies offer child seats. Rate is around $175 including all fees

For the OP

What I like about the rental is the ability to go places after you get to your hotel. Big plus in my book.

Now I highly recommend the shuttle back to airport because you aren't likely going anywhere else After cruise and the rental counters in Cape Canaveral are a zoo

Edited by John&LaLa

We've done the rental car one way routine every time to get to the port and back when we've sailed out of Cape Canaveral as we were always were at least two couple. Once we did two rental cars as we were eight all together.

We've always arrived when going out of this port at least the day prior and a few times stayed a day or more after and having a car was a super convenient. 

We typically drop off luggage and people at port prior before one of us takes rental car back. We've even do a similar routine after where one or two of us goes for the rental car and return with it to the port to get others and all luggage. We've found this very easy to do as the port is on the route out to Orlando. 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

There are some people  like me who don't like driving

You take the shuttle from NSB to PC?

A lot of folks don't like being without a car.

And in the age of Covid, do you really want to risk 45 minutes in a shared shuttle🤔😱

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

and in the age of Covid, do you really want to risk 45 minutes in a shared shuttle🤔😱

This raises a genuine concern. One of the stories that I’ve read about the restart of cruising in the Med is that an entire shared bus of people were denied boarding because one passenger tested positive upon arriving at the port. The others didn’t test positive but since they had been in close contact with this one positive passenger, then all of them were deemed exposed.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tapi said:

This raises a genuine concern. One of the stories that I’ve read about the restart of cruising in the Med is that an entire shared bus of people were denied boarding because one passenger tested positive upon arriving at the port. The others didn’t test positive but since they had been in close contact with this one positive passenger, then all of them were deemed exposed.

That's the case I was thinking of

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

Eeeeeeesh.

We used Cortrans in February and were very pleased with the experience.  I would not hesitate to book them again.  Their mini buses hold 13-14 people so, perhaps with 10, you might get a shuttle to yourselves.  It was $20 PP in Feb.

On 9/23/2020 at 9:11 PM, RCI Cruisers 004 said:

Hello,  I’m sure there are tons of posts on this already , but I don’t  feel like looking. Can anyone recommend a shuttle service down to Cocoa Beach from MCO , then back to MCO after the cruise . We want to try something different from using Royals transportation from a hotel down and back.....TIA 

mears 

On 9/23/2020 at 9:11 PM, RCI Cruisers 004 said:

Lots of good opinions on the Florida Departures board.

For groups under 4-5, renting a car is best bet.  You can drop off luggage and others at terminal and then turn the car in.  Car rental shuttles are also available when you return.  

On 9/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, John&LaLa said:

Cortrans is popular as is Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

But best thing to do is rent a car at MCO and return in Cape Canaveral.  The do a shuttle to get back to MCO after cruise

I did exactly that back in February and used Cortrans for the shuttle back to MCO. This was with arriving the day before.

....worked out well.

• Like 1