Carnival Splendor Sydney Cruises missing from US agents websites

drsel

11 hours ago, drsel said:

I guess once the vaccine comes, they will just ask for a certificate that you have been vaccinated and that should be enough to board the flight and Cruise

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am hoping that is all that is needed.

They will probably have some sort of instant test by then as well .😷

Instant testing is making gains but an Australian scientist/medico/bloke who knows (I didn't catch his name) during an interview on TV news this morning, has suggested a vaccine may not be ready in 2021. These guys can say things that politicians wont.

In the meantime I'm planning a land tour of NZ southern when the bubble is right for later this year.

27 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Instant testing is making gains but an Australian scientist/medico/bloke who knows (I didn't catch his name) during an interview on TV news this morning, has suggested a vaccine may not be ready in 2021. These guys can say things that politicians wont.

In the meantime I'm planning a land tour of NZ southern when the bubble is right for later this year.

He was just backed up on the ABC by the lady Epidemologist from I think  Uni of NSW who was saying the same.   Hmm I have booked a cruise for December 2021.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

We have an election coming up on 19 Oct ,so pollies  are very optimistic with their predictions.....

be interesting to see what they have to say afterwards.🤔

On 9/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, lyndarra said:

Sorry no Aussie visits to NZ under current bubble.  NZ/Aust bubble is only one way from NZ to Aust.  At this stage, if any Kiwis wish to return to NZ after visiting Aust., they will have to quarantine.  

On 9/30/2020 at 2:16 PM, NSWP said:

I tend to agree Mic, too many nervous States.

Federal Government is the one who has to open our borders to future cruising, as well as to international visitors.  At this stage, with increasing numbers overseas,  I'm glad they haven't.

18 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sorry no Aussie visits to NZ under current bubble.  NZ/Aust bubble is only one way from NZ to Aust.  At this stage, if any Kiwis wish to return to NZ after visiting Aust., they will have to quarantine.  

It’s not really designed for tourists or for a holiday .One theory is that Au wants to attract seasonal workers for the Agricultural field .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

It’s not really designed for tourists or for a holiday .One theory is that Au wants to attract seasonal workers for the Agricultural field .

Yep, a lot of sheep need Kiwis with shears.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drsel said:
On 9/30/2020 at 2:16 PM, NSWP said:
I tend to agree Mic, too many nervous States.

They should follow the example of Sweden

Sweden registered 752 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, the highest daily rise since June, Health Agency statistics showed. Go Sweden.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

We prefer to keep our population alive.

Sweden has approximately half the population of Australia.

Australia has recorded approximately 900 deaths attributed to Covid 19.

Sweden has approximately 6000 deaths attributed to Covid 19.

As By The Bay indicated above, Sweden’s daily positives are way up with 752. Australia had 16.

Not such a good example to follow. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have some swedish friends and they prefer our method.

14 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Sweden has approximately half the population of Australia.

Australia has recorded approximately 900 deaths attributed to Covid 19.

Sweden has approximately 6000 deaths attributed to Covid 19.

As By The Bay indicated above, Sweden’s daily positives are way up with 752. Australia had 16.

Not such a good example to follow. 

The Swedes are allegedly 'loving people' perhaps too much so, hence the virus spreading.

Australia is the best example for the whole world to follow.
Not just in controlling the virus, but everything.

Its probably the best country to migrate to.
The best quality of life, the best standard of living and the best run country.

• Like 1

We have our Europe river cruise planned for Christmas 2021. 

I don’t believe that this will go ahead unless they have a vaccine and a rapid testing method. Yes I can see us all being temperature checked constantly and also hand sanitiser used constantly. Masks for all day trips.

At least river boats are small in numbers.

17 hours ago, drsel said:
22 hours ago, NSWP said:
The Swedes are allegedly 'loving people' perhaps too much so, hence the virus spreading.

Haha, what exactly do you mean?

They get a bit too close to each other, 24/7.💗

17 hours ago, drsel said:

Australia is the best example for the whole world to follow.
Not just in controlling the virus, but everything.

Its probably the best country to migrate to.
The best quality of life, the best standard of living and the best run country.

Yes we are doing well with the virus control, but not all is perfect here.  I do not care much for the current administration, a few dolts in there.

And don't get me started on what we self funded retirees who planned for our retirement, rather than rely on the government of the day.  miss out on re government handouts, i.e. pensions, concessions, reduced prices for medications etc. I feel quite ill thinking about it.

Long time to go to happy hour.🍷   Sorry for the rant and going off topic.🔙

Edited by NSWP

Yes we are doing well with the virus control, but not all is perfect here.  I do not care much for the current administration, a few dolts in there.

I still think that most people in the world would gladly exchange their passport with yours.
Possibly around 6 billion people would.
  • Like 1