Coffee Mug

Momma Mojito

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

20 bucks for a coffee cup?! I don't think so.

You know, I should have bought all of my mug collection for only 20 bucks each...I take a cruise costing thousands of bucks just so I can get them at 2 for $15 plus my elite discount!!! Would have saved me lots of money—LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

20 bucks for a coffee cup?! I don't think so.

Lots of crazy prices for Princess items on that site. People list their Captain's Circle pins, the blue tote bags, decks of cards, blank cruise cards, the little folding deck plans they hand out, old ads, ashtrays, souvenir drink glasses, etc. I guess somebody must buy the stuff but I don't know why. Of course I know folks who simply can't understand why I spend a bunch of money for a cruise. They think it's a crazy waste of funds. Some of them are spending $3,500 or so each year for cigarettes but find cruising a stupid waste of money. (As someone who smoked for around 20 years I think I'm entitled to a little "immunity" for commenting on the cost of smoking. I quit "cold turkey" 31 years ago. w00t!)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Some of them are spending $3,500 or so each year for cigarettes but find cruising a stupid waste of money. (As someone who smoked for around 20 years I think I'm entitled to a little "immunity" for commenting on the cost of smoking. I quit "cold turkey" 31 years ago. w00t!)

I used to facilitate the Lung Association's "Freedom from Smoking" classes. One of the couples who had graduated and returned to encourage others said that they put the $$$$ that they would have spent for ciggies into a jar and at the end of the year used the $$$$ to book a cruise!! Their next "project" was to save for a new car.

Expensive habit.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you only take one cruise every 10 years, maybe a keepsake. But an elite level cruiser would have a basement full of mugs.  

I am "Elite" and don't have squat. At least nothing we bought. I know we have a wine bottle stopper, some coasters from trivia, and also a few of the "souvenir" glasses from limoncello or whatever but we really don't buy the souvenir stuff. I'm sure there is probably other minor jive from trivia wins but... Oh! There's also a hat somewhere that we won in a Cruise Critic slot pull. My wife likely knows where that is but I don't. We've bought a few things in ports but they were pretty much all gifts to others. We really don't buy Princess trinkets. Maybe that will change one day - who can say - but I doubt it. As for mugs: My wife likes to buy them in Ketchikan. We don't own any Princess mugs.

Disclaimer: Remembered that, on our very first cruise, my wife did buy something. She bought a Princess wind-up alarm clock. It's never been used. I believe it's probably in a  drawer in one of her desks (she has two) with our old cruise cards, Captain Circle pins, and jive like that.

Thanks Trak, For your info.  I really appreciate you taking time to answer.  I looked on ebay but must have not used the right wording.  I try to buy  Princess Christmas ship ornaments,if they are available but if they aren't I will buy key chains to hang on our tree.'

The black mugs with the gold on them are junk. Much of the labeling will wash out in about 15 times thru a dish washer.  They are nice mugs but fade out to quickly.  Not worth the money shown there  We bought our two on different ships while on sale.

On 10/4/2020 at 10:38 AM, Momma Mojito said:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Does anyone know where to buy the coffee cups from the different Princess cruise ships (ceramic)?  Thanks for your knowledge.

I got this one on the Royal Princess. See photo 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

92C5C157-ACB2-470A-8AE5-153D75260AD1.jpeg

13 hours ago, Potstech said:

The black mugs with the gold on them are junk. Much of the labeling will wash out in about 15 times thru a dish washer.  They are nice mugs but fade out to quickly.  Not worth the money shown there  We bought our two on different ships while on sale.

I love mine but you're right, the gold labeling does wash off after a few trips in the dishwasher. I recently found two of those mugs at the Salvation Army for $1.99. Now I'm thinking I should have bought and resold on Ebay!

• Haha 1