Feeling Guilty Requesting Shareholder Credit

8 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm looking for some help. We have a cruise booked for Feb. 2021. This will be my first cruise as a shareholder. Can someone please guide me in how the process works to obtain the shareholders OBC?

Send an e-mail requesting the credit with your name, booking number, ship, sail date and attach a copy of a brokerage statement showing ownership of at least 100 share of RCI stock to.....

Shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

You can black out anything in the brokerage statement that is none of their concern.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill5333 said:

Well, it started out serious but now I see the error of my ways and feel a little silly.

No need to feel silly. It is just good that you have seen the error of your ways  Fortunately, our intervention was successful. 😉☺ 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Send an e-mail requesting the credit with your name, booking number, ship, sail date and attach a copy of a brokerage statement showing ownership of at least 100 share of RCI stock to.....

Shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

You can black out anything in the brokerage statement that is none of their concern.

You can also do it electronically: https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

6 minutes ago, Bill5333 said:

Well, it started out serious but now I see the error of my ways and feel a little silly.

FWIW,  I don't think you are silly for thinking about if your course of action is ethical.  I think that is to be commended. 

In this case, I happen to think using the things Royal decided to offer is ethical.

Tom

• Like 1

For those who have received the obc for a 2021 or 2022 cruise. Can you sell the shares next month and still have the obc in 2021 or do they check again closer to sail date? Carnival only lets you apply for shareholder benefit a month or 2 before sail date IIRC.

It's a benefit, if the situation doesn't allow it for the company they would just enhance it away. This is not about emotions, it's pure business. In return, if you would need their financial support you wouldn't be getting anything from them either an no one at the management will feel bad about it.

1 hour ago, disneykins said:

For those who have received the obc for a 2021 or 2022 cruise. Can you sell the shares next month and still have the obc in 2021 or do they check again closer to sail date? Carnival only lets you apply for shareholder benefit a month or 2 before sail date IIRC.

This is what their website says:

1. Who is eligible for this benefit?
SHOW LESS

Any shareholder with an eligible reservation holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares at time of sailing.

https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

I don't know if they check.

Tom

One way or the other you should get that money- either as your OBC or as a dividend for being a shareholder. I would have to believe your OBC credit would be worth more than your dividend. Take it. You invested. You're getting your return. It's your money anyhow. 

On 10/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, Bill5333 said:

You can also do it electronically: https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

Just requested shareholder benefit for 4 cruises electronically. Usually I send emails. This was so much easier but I didn’t get any confirmation that they received like when I do it by email. Should I have gotten a confirmation?

16 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Just requested shareholder benefit for 4 cruises electronically. Usually I send emails. This was so much easier but I didn’t get any confirmation that they received like when I do it by email. Should I have gotten a confirmation?

The last time I tried the electronic way I did not get a confirmation either. I always do with e-mail.

21 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

So do you think it never went through 

I recently submitted electronically for a cruise in January and one in May. Within a few hours I received an email with a new invoice for the January cruise which lists the new OBC. Didn't receive anything for the May cruise though.

26 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Most likely. I have gone back to the e-mail way as I like the confirmation. It is pretty simple to type in your name, ship, sailing date, and reservation number. I keep a copy of my brokerage statement with appropriate info blacked out on my computer to attach.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:21 PM, molly361 said:

It surprises me that they allow you to claim the credit as far out as they have cruises. 

Princess used to have a time frame, maybe 90 days out if I remember correctly. That’s was years ago though. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Most likely. I have gone back to the e-mail way as I like the confirmation. It is pretty simple to type in your name, ship, sailing date, and reservation number. I keep a copy of my brokerage statement with appropriate info blacked out on my computer to attach.

Sorry, I read your post as do you think it EVEN went through when I answered most likely. Yes, I do think it did.