Checking in and Setsail printout

6 people are booked in 2 cabins.  4 of us are going and are checked in and ready to print our set sail passes. 2 are NOT going. I will not cancel them so as not to confuse RC. 

Do I still need to check them in and then be no shows, or don't check them in and be no shows?

Until I hear otherwise, I am still hoping, planning and packing ! 🙂

Thanks for any replies.

IMHO...I have no need to check myself in.....until something...at sometime.....somewhere...sails at all. 😮 

I have suffered too many cancellations.  I refuse to waste time checking in or waste paper on a set sail pass by doing so, until I know it will actually go.  Which I have no idea when...   😞 

On one of our cruises we had 4 cabins booked for 10 of us only 7 ended up being able to go.

We only checked in for those going. The 3 were no shows...no one asked and no one cared.

We got this cruise at a great rate...all cabins right next to each other and didn't want to

take the chance of RCI moving them around. This worked out great for us.

Edited by Ashland

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

IMHO...I have no need to check myself in.....until something...at sometime.....somewhere...sails at all. 😮 

I have suffered too many cancellations.  I refuse to waste time checking in or waste paper on a set sail pass by doing so, until I know it will actually go.  Which I have no idea when...   😞 

Yeah, would seem a waste of time for any cruise in the next 2 months at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annicruise2014 said:

6 people are booked in 2 cabins.  4 of us are going and are checked in and ready to print our set sail passes. 2 are NOT going. I will not cancel them so as not to confuse RC. 

Do I still need to check them in and then be no shows, or don't check them in and be no shows?

Thanks for any replies.

Just check in the ones that are going and not the others.  Makes sense to check in on the off chance your sailing happens.  The earlier you check in, the better time you will get.  Royal Caribbean has only enforced check in times in very few ports in the past, but I would expect them to enforce check in times once they start sailing to keep crowds small.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Annicruise2014 said:

Thanks for any replies.

I am assuming that you are after final payment.

If these 2 guests are the 3rd and 4th in a room then you have a couple of options that are a lot better than just being a no show.

Typically 3/4 guests can be cancelled for a refund up until the final penalty phase which is 15 days prior to sailing.  They may sometimes want you to change cabins to a cabin that holds only 2 guests however given that occupancy is not going to be an issue I don't think they will move you.

The other option is that after final payment any guest can cancel (even guest 2) and receive a FCC for their portion of the cruise fare and the other people in the cabin will not have their fare adjusted.  This is part of the Cruise with confidence policy.

The worst thing you can do right now is to have them be a no show.  You need to call Royal or your TA.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ashland said:

On one of our cruises we had 4 cabins booked for 10 of us only 7 ended up being able to go.

We only checked in for those going. The 3 were no shows...no one asked and no one cared.

We got this cruise at a great rate...all cabins right next to each other and didn't want to

take the chance of RCI moving them around. This worked out great for us.

This is exactly why I won't call RC!  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annicruise2014 said:

This is exactly why I won't call RC!  🤣

Yes...this fact wasn't worth taking the chance for us. I'm pretty sure they would have moved

some of us as these were very desirable located cabins that we got great rates on over a year before

sail date.

Call and ask and if they want to move you then don't follow  through, if you don't like the.outcome. Pre-covid the 3rd in our room cancelled and they wanted to move the covetted aft cabin, but we were able  to change the person sailing for no fee and keep the room. Try that if you have some else willing to go.