New senior officer schedule - changes

excitedofharpenden

So it is finally official. 
Johannes is leaving Journey for Quest and Heike will be on Pursuit. The "Dream Team" is split up.😳😳😳

Some other changes, too, but these are the most noticable.

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 1

Yes I hoped post lay off this bright idea of breaking up a team that worked for guests would be kicked in the long grass. Sadly it wasn’t. 
First rule when in a recovery mode if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 
Nothing against any other officers but stirring the pot doesn’t always work and can be too disruptive 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

Johannes is leaving Journey for Quest and Heike will be on Pursuit. The "Dream Team" is split up.😳😳😳

Well Odd, it had to come out eventually. I learned of the plans at the beginning of the year, but of course a lot has happened since then!  J, H and little brother E was always dynamic and I don't quite understand the need to mess with it. If it's not broke then don't try and fix it, 

Fortunately there are some real characters at Azamara on the ships. And I'm not just talking of Captain, although I feel a lot filters down from there. 

I wish them all well. If I was honest, I'm so pleased to see that the ultimate parent is thinking of the future Azamara. 

Phil 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Well Odd, it had to come out eventually. I learned of the plans at the beginning of the year, but of course a lot has happened since then!  J, H and little brother E was always dynamic and I don't quite understand the need to mess with it. If it's not broke then don't try and fix it, 

Fortunately there are some real characters at Azamara on the ships. And I'm not just talking of Captain, although I feel a lot filters down from there. 

I wish them all well. If I was honest, I'm so pleased to see that the ultimate parent is thinking of the future Azamara. 

Phil 

Same here. I have known since the last cruise. It will be OK when you get used to it. Hopefully the vaccine is around the corner and we can start to dream of new travels.

BTW Johannes is taking over in Belfast 02.december. 

I suspect that might be the exciting news Azamara Team was mentioning. Now putting 2 and 2 together any maybe getting 5, Marinaro made a good spot about Iwan who has been closely shadowing Heike as F and B for some time ........maybe he’s moved over permanently as Fabio did 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Same here. I have known since the last cruise. It will be OK when you get used to it. Hopefully the vaccine is around the corner and we can start to dream of new travels.

BTW Johannes is taking over in Belfast 02.december. 

That must mean splitting the three sisters from Glasgow? Any word of what happens Journey and Pursuit? 

Pursuit is to have a dry dock, is that what is planned for Quest and Journey.

Two of the three Viking ships that were in Belfast have moved on, only Viking Sky remains.

29 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I just reread this. AFAIK it's Glasgow. Belfast is not correct. Or have I  this wrong Odd?

Phil 

Glasgow would make more sense considering the ship is there. It would need a Captain to bring it to Belfast 🙈

• Like 1

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I just reread this. AFAIK it's Glasgow. Belfast is not correct. Or have I  this wrong Odd?

Phil 

Of course. Glasgow. Sorry. All three sisters are held together in Glasgow until further notice. 😁 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, oddjob16 said:

I had heard this rumored on the Journey in January; I believe it's been in the works for some time 😞

On 10/15/2020 at 12:34 PM, marinaro44 said:

Where, o where, is Iwan?  Not listed on any of the ships.

I believe he has been given a promotion, just don't know where he will be landing though ship wise; I'm assuming staying on the Journey

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

I believe he has been given a promotion, just don't know where he will be landing though ship wise; I'm assuming staying on the Journey

That would be nice, and well-deserved.  If so, his title should be changed with a new photo.

• Like 1

Just had an email from Azamara Circle, confirming the teams will be rotated between ships. 

They claim that the staff are ‘Excited.’

I wonder?

https://click.email.azamaraclubcruises.com/?qs=32e66a0b29f07548fda9d8c90da7a1af9e6d1ee68dc7f4f1c2c22ede2164b68377b4772c46a4a75b69a2aaeef01a2be52c3ef6ca75ae2cbd

Edited by upwarduk

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Just had an email from Azamara Circle, confirming the teams will be rotated between ships. 

We have all seen the new allocations. I am a little confused by your statement above that the teams will be "rotated" between ships. Did your email mention rotation of the teams?

What is seen in the new roster is the splitting of established senior teams, rather than rotation/movement of a complete leadership team from one ship to another.

The new teams are rostered through from March/April/May 2021 to July/September/September 2022, although some positions remain vacant in the later months of the roster.

The most notable "hole" is the absence of a second Hotel Director on Journey.

14 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Further to my previous . . . I still have not received the email, but my partner has . . . having read it, I now know that as it appeared from the senior officers schedule, individual team members will be rotated . . . not entire senior teams.

Your link took me to the roster, which I had already seen, not the email.

I can only wonder why we did not all receive the email at the same time?

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

Further to my previous . . . I still have not received the email, but my partner has . . . having read it, I now know that as it appeared from the senior officers schedule, individual team members will be rotated . . . not entire senior teams.

Your link took me to the roster, which I had already seen, not the email.

I can only wonder why we did not all receive the email at the same time?

For those like you who didn't receive it.

Phil 

D0C59E27-2CFC-4EA7-A3C2-EC0F47125463.jpeg

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1