First Azamara cruise Pursuit Israel Intensive October 2021 need tips

puppymama1

We are seriously considering booking this Israel Intensive cruise on the Pursuit departing Athens on 10-27-21.  Israel has been on our bucket lists for years and after a year and a half of no traveling, I think we are going to finally go for it!  This would be our first cruise on Azamara.. we have previously only done a Cuba cruise and a Baltic cruise, both on Royal Caribbean, and we had a Princess Alaska cruise planned for June 2020 that was cancelled and rebooked for June 2021.  So we are definitely not very experienced cruisers and  can use any tips, suggestions or advice on Azamara in general and on this particular itinerary also.  We know we want either a Veranda or Veranda Plus cabin, but could use suggestions as to preferred cabin locations, is there a better side of the ship for this itinerary, etc.. We are active senior citizens, which was another attraction of Azamara since I read that most of the passengers are in the same demographic and there aren't a lot of children's activities.  Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

Give yourselves a few days in Athens to adjust to time change and sightseeing.

i am booked on this cruise and no idea which side is better. But I would go mid ships all the way forward. But check if a shower or bathtub.i prefer tubs but not everyone likes climbing in to shower.

The ports look great.

Good advice, Deck 7 without a doubt is the best place to be.  Bear in mind any answers about life onboard are pre covid, it might all be very different in terms of what does or does not happen once sailing resumes

10 hours ago, ellbon said:

Give yourselves a few days in Athens to adjust to time change and sightseeing.

i am booked on this cruise and no idea which side is better. But I would go mid ships all the way forward. But check if a shower or bathtub.i prefer tubs but not everyone likes climbing in to shower.

The ports look great.

There are no tubs in balcony cabins only showers.

• Like 1

Thank you for the deck suggestions.. we will look for deck 7.  I was trying to decide if the Plus cabins were worth the extra cost.. only because of the internet credit of $130 each.  We will definitely get the internet package for both of us but I haven’t researched it yet to know if the plus savings was a good deal 

They've added amenities to the worst placed balcony cabins on the ship in my view to sell them more easily. $130 value internet vs a quiet cabin, no contest. There are some on deck 8 that are better placed than others.  Look at the deck plan for what is overhead, but yes, deck 7 or 6 is safer. 

Phil 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

Thank you for the deck suggestions.. we will look for deck 7.  I was trying to decide if the Plus cabins were worth the extra cost.. only because of the internet credit of $130 each.  We will definitely get the internet package for both of us but I haven’t researched it yet to know if the plus savings was a good deal 

Personally, I find the AFT plus cabins to be worth the cost because of the expansive views and larger balcony.  The other benefits are nice, but not worth the extra cost.  Others will feel differently. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

Personally, I find the AFT plus cabins to be worth the cost because of the expansive views and larger balcony.  The other benefits are nice, but not worth the extra cost.  Others will feel differently. 

I have sailed twice on aft cabins on both deck 6 and deck 7 and like them also for the reasons mentioned above. But agree that the plus benefits are probably not worth the extra cost. You can buy a package that includes an upgrade to your spirits package for 2, internet for 1, plus some amount of OBC. And there are other packages available too, depending on what you want 

6 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

There are no tubs in balcony cabins only showers.

Sorry, I mix those cabins with Deck 8 Club ones. I do know that some still have a bath vs a shower.

As a long time guest I know we get benefits that are offered in a Plus cabin. But would a new guest feel  As you do. To me the location of cabin...Mid ship is important.to others the sound of an anchor not going to make a difference. 

Any thoughts on cabins 7078 or 7085 on Pursuit?  Unless I am missing something it looks like those are the only 2 veranda cabins available midship, but they are very close to the laundry and the elevators... would they be noisy?  The other available veranda cabins are either at the very aft or forward which we do not want.  Would our travel agent have access to other available cabins? Wereally like this itinerary so I guess we better get something booked soon!

2 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

Any thoughts on cabins 7078 or 7085 on Pursuit?  Unless I am missing something it looks like those are the only 2 veranda cabins available midship, but they are very close to the laundry and the elevators... would they be noisy?  The other available veranda cabins are either at the very aft or forward which we do not want.  Would our travel agent have access to other available cabins? Wereally like this itinerary so I guess we better get something booked soon!

Not a lot ..only thing thing I know for sure they lock the laundry at around ten..unless that has changed. Never been inside. I have stayed on 8 mid ship  and not a problem hearing noise..at least not from  lifts.  I do hear people talking, doors are not sound proof  

6 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

7085 is a great room fantastic position and on the opposite side to the laundry so no risk of issues. 
Far better than Deck 8 where the noise from above can be disruptive and unpredictable varies from cruise to cruise. We don’t book on that floor now. 
Your agent will have access to all available verandah rooms. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

7085 is a great room fantastic position and on the opposite side to the laundry so no risk of issues. 
Far better than Deck 8 where the noise from above can be disruptive and unpredictable varies from cruise to cruise. We don’t book on that floor now. 

I agree.  7085 is a good spot.  Avoid 7078. 

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 4:53 AM, uktog said:

Just got the confirmation from our TA that we are booked in room 7085.  😃

Thanks for all your help! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

I have sailed twice on aft cabins on both deck 6 and deck 7 and like them also for the reasons mentioned above. But agree that the plus benefits are probably not worth the extra cost. You can buy a package that includes an upgrade to your spirits package for 2, internet for 1, plus some amount of OBC. And there are other packages available too, depending on what you want 

When is the best time to book the Enjoyment package?  Do the prices change or are they always the same?  Right now it looks like a good deal for us since we would definitely be getting the WiFi for two devices and definitely doing shore excursions... but I don’t want to book a year in advance if the price will be the same next year.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

When is the best time to book the Enjoyment package?  Do the prices change or are they always the same?  Right now it looks like a good deal for us since we would definitely be getting the WiFi for two devices and definitely doing shore excursions... but I don’t want to book a year in advance if the price will be the same next year.  Thanks!

Price has always remained the same, but of course there’s always the possibility of future changes. It is good value for cruises over 14 days so long as you need WiFi and intend to use ships excursions. 

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Price has always remained the same, but of course there’s always the possibility of future changes. It is good value for cruises over 14 days so long as you need WiFi and intend to use ships excursions. 

And may not have any choice BUT to use the ship’s excursions, at least for awhile.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I was booked on this cruise and cancelled in July.  It looked wonderful and I hope it goes for you who are booked.  However, I'm less optimistic about the future and more worried about being stuck one way or another  without too many options to get home.  I really hope it works great for those who are going.