Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

I did not have anything booked in 2021 (cancelled our Jan Harmony), and did not plan to book anything until cruising started and things stabilized...whatever that means.  With a couple of FCCs burning a hole in my pocket, and the desire to at least have some form of travel planned, I just booked Allure in Sept.  I couldn't hold out any longer.  Royal won.  I'm weak.  Double points still won't get us to D+.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Assuming none of my cruises cancel, I will go from Gold to Diamond by September 2021.  I have five booked, but four have me worried. The four that worry me are a B2B on the Mariner in January, Brilliance in February (rate is so ridiculously low I hope they don't bump me off due to capacity restrictions, assuming they implement them), and an Alaska cruise on the Quantum in September.

Edited by TheBucketLister

1 hour ago, TheBucketLister said:

Assuming none of my cruises cancel, I will go from Gold to Diamond by September 2021.  I have five booked, but four have me worried. The four that worry me are a B2B on the Mariner in January, Brilliance in February (rate is so ridiculously low I hope they don't bump me off due to capacity restrictions, assuming they implement them), and an Alaska cruise on the Quantum in September.

We are also booked on the Quantum in September,  the 13th and the 20th.

26 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We are also booked on the Quantum in September,  the 13th and the 20th.

Awesome!  We are on the sailing leaving on the 27th, in what is currently the Spa Junior Suite, but reclassified as just a Junior Suite when it comes over to the US. 👍  My wife and I have never been on an Alaska cruise, so we are really excited.  Of all the cruises we have booked next year, this is THE ONE we don’t want cancelled.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 3:05 PM, TheBucketLister said:

Awesome!  We are on the sailing leaving on the 27th, in what is currently the Spa Junior Suite, but reclassified as just a Junior Suite when it comes over to the US. 👍  My wife and I have never been on an Alaska cruise, so we are really excited.  Of all the cruises we have booked next year, this is THE ONE we don’t want cancelled.

We had Radiance B2B Alaska booked for last August.  Was to celebrate the DH's 70th birthday...had GS cabin booked, wanting to go all out for it.  Well...you know what happened there...hope you get to make your Alaska cruise. 

On 10/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, Blizzard54 said:

The last time we were on the Liberty shorts had become common in the DL during the cocktail hours.

When we were on Liberty last Oct/Nov, I saw just a few wearing shorts in DL.  Many more shorts in the SL even though there was less people.  Felt sorry for the D concierge.  He stood outside the door to lounge checking seapass cards the first couple nights of each weeks sailing.  It was standing room only even after early dining time when it usually clears.

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

When we were on Liberty last Oct/Nov, I saw just a few wearing shorts in DL.  Many more shorts in the SL even though there was less people.  Felt sorry for the D concierge.  He stood outside the door to lounge checking seapass cards the first couple nights of each weeks sailing.  It was standing room only even after early dining time when it usually clears.

As I recall we sailed with you on Liberty a couple years back.  The D concierge has had a tough assignmet for some time now.  The always seem to has a lot of D and D+.  When they cut down on overflow lounges is was insane.  

Getting people to book the double point cruises in 2021...  that will probably be cancelled anyway?  Nice way to gain some short term no interest loans.  😉 

Extend to 2022?  My pile of FCC vouchers all have to be used on cruises before 12/31/21.   Another nice way to keep money.  Grumble.   😣

• Haha 1

I have 33 nights booked for 2021.  That would be 66 points for the year if every cruise went but I'm about 99.9293453% sure that my NE in Feb is dead.  So scratch 16 points there.  Even still I'll easily make make diamond if everything else goes.  I'm worried about Hawaii in May but I'm hopeful.

• Thanks 1