When was your last cruise?

Domino D

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did your Sister travel with any magical medications as infectious disease Dr?     Did you ever hear if anyone else on that sailing had gotten sick?    Thankful you are both alright 🙂

Crew members were sick.  Sister's magical medications came in a glass with fruit and an umbrella.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Crew members were sick.  Sister's magical medications came in a glass with fruit and an umbrella.  😉 

Pat, I love your sisters prescription. My kinda doctor.  🍹

Edited by davekathy

My last cruise was Radiance of the Seas to NZ may well be last cruise, full stop. Had two booked on Serenade of the Seas and a few with other lines, but with all the cancellations and failing health our cruising days may well be over.

Our last cruise was on Empress to Cuba, in November 2018. We didn’t cruise in 2019 as my husband was deployed in Afghanistan. We planned to cruise a lot in 2020 but covid had other ideas! Oh well, we’ll keep our fingers crossed for 2021. 

Got off the Majesty on 2/15/20 in NOLA with pneumonia.  Found out later that there was a nasty outbreak of COVID19 in NOLA, but I don't know if that's what I had.

Wonderful cruises, however, except for the pneumonia part.

4 hours ago, BekkaW said:

Our last cruise was on Empress to Cuba, in November 2018. We didn’t cruise in 2019 as my husband was deployed in Afghanistan. We planned to cruise a lot in 2020 but covid had other ideas! Oh well, we’ll keep our fingers crossed for 2021. 

Please thank your DH for his Service.  My DH is a Vietnam Vet.🇺🇸

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our last cruise was November, 2019 to the ABC Islands on the Silhouette.  Great cruise!

DH and I would've been on a TA right now on the Anthem out of Southampton to Bayonne....

Hi.  Did you notice my posting on our Anthem cruise board that our charges for fees and taxes from Virgin have now finally hit my credit card,  only 90 days!

4 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Hi.  Did you notice my posting on our Anthem cruise board that our charges for fees and taxes from Virgin have now finally hit my credit card,  only 90 days!

No, I haven't been on for a couple of days.  Good news that you finally got your money refunded.  I saw that we also got refunded from Virgin.   Pretty quickly..I was happily surprised!

Just now, Luckynana said:

No, I haven't been on for a couple of days.  Good news that you finally got your money refunded.  I saw that we also got refunded from Virgin.   Pretty quickly..I was happily surprised!

Great!  Maybe they're getting things better organized. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I almost forgot that I still have my Southampton hotel room refund to look forward to.  

Our hotel in London was booked with points.  Cancelled and points returned.   Had never booked the car service to Southampton so no issues there.

• Like 1

February 26-March 2.  It was quick one and we had thought about not going for a while before final payment.  Even though we had Costa Maya cancelled and only went to Cozumel, we are so glad we went.  We had a great time, it ended up costing us $550 for the 5 nights for both of us, for the cruise.  We went to a cooking class in Cozumel and had a blast.  We met great people at the chefs table ( nobody wanted to leave) and great people in the hot tub ( which we usually avoid but it wasn’t the warmest cruise.)

If only we could have foreseen the future....covid and I’ve been been diagnosed with a rare cancer.  We wouldn’t be going anywhere right now anyway but we are hopeful that we can cruise again even if time is short.  There were so many places we wanted to see....but I’m so thankful for trips we were able to take.  When cruising restarts and it’s safer we may try to do a few more but probably just around the U.S.  We are thinking American river cruises or the Northeast or maybe Alaska.  By staying within a day of the U.S in case of illness will probably be best if we can go again.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 3