Crystal Riverboat cruises in April 2021 ?

petlover

We're booked for 2 Crystal riverboat cruises. The first is April 12, 2021 Amsterdam to Amsterdam and the 2nd is April 24, 2021 Budapest to Regensburg. Any thoughts if there's a chance these will be a go ?? Thanks.

Edited by petlover
additional

I think one great unknown at this time will be the availability of international air traffic re-opening, especially to US passport holders, as well as border openings and international quarantine protocols. We are still 5 months away from April 2021 and as the world-wide pandemic situation evolves, IMHO, there is still much unknown about international travel in Spring 2021.

Rob

Thanks Rob....that's my thoughts too. We have USA passports, they may not want us. We've booked our air with United. If it's a NO go, I hope UAL cancels our flights so we can get a refund. We don't need anymore FAC. 

18 hours ago, petlover said:

Thanks Rob....that's my thoughts too. We have USA passports, they may not want us. We've booked our air with United. If it's a NO go, I hope UAL cancels our flights so we can get a refund. We don't need anymore FAC. 

My friends had tickets with United to Copenhagen 2x this past summer. They ended up with air credits. They were not happy.

I hope your trip is a go and life is better come April! Are you switching ships or on the same ship?

Edited by Coral

Both our Crystal riverboat cruises in April/May don't look at all likely. They're  both paid in full. Any idea if Crystal will give us a $  refund or do they only give FCC ?

Edited by petlover

1 hour ago, petlover said:

Both our Crystal riverboat cruises in April/May don't look at all likely. They're  both paid in full. Any idea if Crystal will give us a $  refund or do they only give FCC ?

Cancel ASAP.  If you visit the Crystal board in the Ocean Cruises section you will see that some people have been waiting over 200 days for a refund.  You are well within the zero cancellation fee but you will have an administrative fee.  If you wait until Crystal cancels you can have a choice of a full refund (though who knows when you will get it) or a FCC with perhaps an extra 10-15% bonus thrown in.

13 hours ago, cruisr said:

Cancel ASAP.  If you visit the Crystal board in the Ocean Cruises section you will see that some people have been waiting over 200 days for a refund.  You are well within the zero cancellation fee but you will have an administrative fee.  If you wait until Crystal cancels you can have a choice of a full refund (though who knows when you will get it) or a FCC with perhaps an extra 10-15% bonus thrown in.

Crystal has waived the administrative fee.  I am at 35 days since cancellation and have not received credit to either credit card; hopefully will get the credits in next six weeks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Crystal has waived the administrative fee.  I am at 35 days since cancellation and have not received credit to either credit card; hopefully will get the credits in next six weeks.

Marc - look at the CC Crystal Board. I would consider contacting your credit card and filing a dispute. People are not getting refunds so find out when you can file a dispute and do that when you can. Hopefully it is not too late (depending on your credit card and when you made final payment).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the U.K. and had a Crystal riverboat Cruise cancelled on August 1. I had my TA filebfor a refund straight away.Crystal said up to 90 days for a refund, then extended it by two weeks. To date I have no refund at all.  Spoke to my credit card issuer and they said to file a claim, although the limit is 120 days but that there was some leeway. I booked through my TA so would have to make the claim against them, which is unfortunate, as I have a good relationship with them. Would like to hear how anyone in the U.K. has fared with getting a refund from Crystal. Are river cruise passengers treated differently to ocean cruisers? 

wren2, it would really be interesting to hear from UK cruisers as there are certainly differences as regards contracts and customer rights to the US. I hope someone can help you. I am answering to your question as 1. there should not be a difference to ocean cruising but over on the Crystal ocean board you may read something about that and what is going on with Crystal and 2. because I am wondering if you have looked into this on the ABTA pages:  https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak

Hope this helps while you are waiting for further comments.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
Grammar