8 Day Cruise

Butterbean1000

7 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

A small business that relies on Word of Mouth or Yelp may care if they lose someone because it could influence others....but to Carnival each passenger is as important as a grain of sand on the beach.

You have a small b2b in sept. I just heard princess IT dept built in to not allow b2b to be booked. Same parent carnival corp.,

20201121_170200958.jpeg

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You have a small b2b in sept. I just heard princess IT dept built in to not allow b2b to be booked. Same parent carnival corp.,

20201121_170200958.jpeg

Thanks for this update.  Since all of 2021 NYC is greyed out....I don't expect to be doing any Carnival cruising for a long long time.  I'll probably get a cancelation about each segment of the trip before I get a "you're not allowed etc" letter.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:17 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

This may sound harsh...but Carnival does not care about you, or about me, or about any other passenger.  It's a "for profit" business and if holding on to your money as long as possible works for them, they really don't care about your other responsibilities and obligations.

That's a pretty jaded way of thinking.  If that was true, they wouldn't be the number one cruise line.  I'm talking about carnival Corp. 

11 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We decided not to wait until Carnival pulled the plug on our February 8 day cruise.  We rebooked an 8 day for 2/26/22.  We'll be doing road trip vacays in 2021.

Lol I'm beginning to lean toward a trip myself, but cant go to visit anyone, just go see someone with covid. Even road trips iffy if I cant stop and visit .

Getting tired of waiting though, next booking april and who knows about april, dates keep getting pushed out, talk of vaccine rationing, etc. Just tired of the uncertainty 

Next threads will be about who gets vaccine when. Just read a article and every country is rationing it differently. Japan seems only one targeting elderly first. Japan will target the most vulnerable and elderly. Most will target front line workers. Every country sounds a little different.

Edited by firefly333

I am going to wait until they cancel us; (hopefully by Dec 7th.. extended my final payment)

If they don't give us OBC for future cruises then I will opt out; only bad thing I used gift cards 

Will end up doing a nice road trip; possible cross country.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:30 PM, firedisney97 said:

Waiting to see what happens.  We are supposed to be on 8 day Horizon and then my Mom and I are supposed to stay on ship for the next weeks 6 day.  Not looking real good at this point.  Glad I have not bought airline tickets yet

just happened on your post.

We're "in/on" the same boat 'firedisney97".  Booked the 8 day then the 6 day...  with airline tickets booked.

Waiting to see what happens.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:03 AM, shipstud said:

just happened on your post.

We're "in/on" the same boat 'firedisney97".  Booked the 8 day then the 6 day...  with airline tickets booked.

Waiting to see what happens.

We just moved ours to 2022.  With everything cancelled until the end of Jan and still no clear protocols in place we didn't want to be on the first ship out of port.  Good thing we had not purchased airline yet so that made the decision easier.  We got the same itinerary in 2022 and fee better about the information we should have by then.  

Going to give an all-inclusive in Cancun a try in Feb 2021 possibly.  They have 100% refund policies up to 24 hours prior to arrival and we have seen through many vloggers that we watch what the protocols are down there and we are very comfortable with what they are showing us

On 11/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

And all business care about the money received from the individual....not the individual per se.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:34 AM, jimbo5544 said:

I agree that they do

Nah, we all know Carnival really cares about the individual and not the money that is provided by the individual. With the way Carnival fans react to the brand and feedback provided from the brand ambassador, there’s no way they couldn’t care about the person.

🙂 

10 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Nah, we all know Carnival really cares about the individual and not the money that is provided by the individual. With the way Carnival fans react to the brand and feedback provided from the brand ambassador, there’s no way they couldn’t care about the person.

🙂 

did not even see the storm blow in, but boy is that snow deep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

🙂 

I never know when you're being facetious, but I'm learning. 😏😉

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 7:15 PM, Bgcruising said:

I've got  four 8 day + 6 day back to backs booked for next year. I dont want to do one leg without the others. This may be interesting for me.  I cant wait to be going on another 14 day tomorrow! Oh wait...😥🛳

We have the same thing.  8 day first followed by a 6 day.  If they shorten the 8 day, then what do we din betweenen? 

Was on phone with Carnival last night; lady told me no they are still sailing 8 days;  told me she could cancel it with no penalties; but no OBC

Yet this am got email; and saw on news that cruises through Feb are all cancel.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:31 AM, rjrice1 said:

Was on phone with Carnival last night; lady told me no they are still sailing 8 days;  told me she could cancel it with no penalties; but no OBC

Yet this am got email; and saw on news that cruises through Feb are all cancel.

I heard celebrity started on the 6/8 day cruises, making them all 7/7. Giving pro rated refund for losing one day lost on moving 8 to 7, plus $100 obc. I'd expect similar when they have time and get caught up in refunds from cancellations. 

What else can they say but suuuuure we are still sailing that 8 day you have booked. They cant say no way Jose.

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I heard celebrity started on the 6/8 day cruises, making them all 7/7. Giving pro rated refund for losing one day lost on moving 8 to 7, plus $100 obc. I'd expect similar when they have time and get caught up in refunds from cancellations. 

What else can they say but suuuuure we are still sailing that 8 day you have booked. They cant say no way Jose.

What are they doing for the "6 days converted to 7 days"?

6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

What are they doing for the "6 days converted to 7 days"?

We werent sure if you still get the $100 obc or not with the new emailed offer. I havent followed it closely.

... my only 2 choices out of Galveston were 7 day vista or 6/8 dream. Actually I prefer dream, but vista prices per day looked a little better. I did vista last time, so it will be a repeat, and if april cancelled, that means vista twice in a row, which I never guessed when I booked.

But I was tempted by 6 days on dream at the time, my magic ball sure isnt working lately lol.

I feel pretty confident though about 7 day vista and booked  a non refundable suite with beach view holds up to 6 people hotel before the cruise. And I moved my paid parking to this date, if april goes I'll buy later but april too iffy, but I'm all ready for carnival. I decided if ccl cancels, I'll go use the hotel anyway and enjoy the beach., hoping for no hurricane. I know of a place in Galveston for $2 margaritas I plan on hitting up. I decided book the suite, go enjoy the beach, hope I dont run into a time problem getting covid test results or something I cant predict.,

But I came very close to booking 6 day dream instead of 7 day vista. I think dream class is my favorite class. Hard choice at the time. I dont like how on vista they enclosed promenade deck or spa area as much. 

From now on I'll only book last minute deals. 

Got this email from Carnival just a short time ago

Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

Thank you for your continued patience and support as we work through the ongoing pause in our cruise operations.  The health and safety of our guests and crew and public health in the communities we serve remain our priority.  We are working diligently to ensure we meet the requirements of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) so we can welcome our guests back on board and resume cruising when the time is right.

We know that you are booked on an 8-day itinerary and CDC guidelines have set a limit on cruise length for departures through October 31, 2021. We are reviewing the specific requirements for cruise itineraries longer than 7 days and in the meantime, we have removed your itinerary from our open inventory on Carnival.com and other sales channels as we work through our plans for operation.

As you know, the situation with the pandemic remains very fluid and things continue to evolve. While we cannot predict future operational decisions we must make, we want you to know that we do not plan to cancel your cruise because of the length of the itinerary. We will come back to you with another update as soon as we can. We remain both committed and optimistic that we have a path to resume sailing in 2021.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you on board in 2021. We will be in touch with more information just as soon as possible.

My final payment is due on Sunday for an 8 day cruise.  Earlier this week, my TA called, and Carnival would not move the final payment date due to the fare type.  

I received the email above, and I'm getting more frustrated with Carnival.  So they want my final payment, can't tell me the itinerary, and have cut my cruise short by at least 1 day with no apparent reduction in fare.  I'm hoping the cancellation email comes in the next day or 2.

I had the Dream 8 day cruise out of Galveston booked for the second week in August 2021.  I tried to have them apply the free Cheers code, but they could not do it due to the cruise being on hold.  I got fed up and moved the cruise back a week to a 6 day Dream cruise and had them apply the free Cheers code.  I got the same spa cabin that I had on the 8 day cruise and it was cheaper and I got a refund on the Cheers package that I already had.  Saved about $1000 and ended up with over $1000 in OBC.  Lots of Spa time for me 😁.  Hopefully this thing goes off as this cruise has resulted from 3 previously cancelled cruises this year.  Crazy times, man.

For instance, next spring, the Carnival Horizon alternates 6 and 8 night voyages.  They'll fairly easily cut the 8 to 7, but how would they increase the 6 to 7 to make up the difference?

On the 8 night, they probably will cut one of the Dominican Republic stops.

Many of us have airfare booked, and the sooner we know the better.  However, the letter states that we may not know until CDC has made a definitive answer.

So much in limbo.

David

3 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

For instance, next spring, the Carnival Horizon alternates 6 and 8 night voyages.  They'll fairly easily cut the 8 to 7, but how would they increase the 6 to 7 to make up the difference?

On the 8 night, they probably will cut one of the Dominican Republic stops.

Many of us have airfare booked, and the sooner we know the better.  However, the letter states that we may not know until CDC has made a definitive answer.

So much in limbo.

David

We are booked on one of those 8 day cruises on the Horizon in April which will become a 7 day. My feeling, and it's just a feeling, is that the 6 day cruises will remain 6 days, with the extra day being utilized for deep cleaning without passengers aboard. 😎

• Like 1