8 Day Cruise

Butterbean1000

27 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Thank you for insinuating I have no idea what’s going on in this country. Living under a rock, I would have had no idea without your post. What would I do without you?! 

I didn’t insinuate you didn’t know what was going on. You said you were frustrated by Carnival not doing anything, which you shouldn’t be since you seem to know as well as I do your cruise in January isn’t going to happen. 

14 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

We did when our Bermuda cruise went to the Bahamas because of a hurricane that our captain said impacted Bermuda and left flooding and power outages there. Actually the hurricane never touched Bermuda and we received 25% off another cruise if booked and sailed within a year. We were very unhappy about this decision because of the higher cost to go to Bermuda vs. Bahamas. This was our last cruise with Carnival as we were misled and overcharged. We will be sailing at least 1 more time with them to use up our credit card points, and that will probably be the last.

I understand. 

I do think that a 'missed port' situation is somewhat different than a totally compromised cruise situation.  There have been many occasions where weather has rerouted an Eastern Caribbean into a Western, for example.  In those cases, 25% comp would be about the norm.  Other cruise lines would likely do about the same.  I was trying to give an extreme example of where an 8 day Southern route was replaced by multiple back and forth sailings to Nassau to make up the 8 day vacation and it called 'even'.  

Frankly, Carnival has actually been quite good during the pandemic with the exception of holding out on cancellations until all the final payments are required. 

16 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

We did when our Bermuda cruise went to the Bahamas because of a hurricane that our captain said impacted Bermuda and left flooding and power outages there. Actually the hurricane never touched Bermuda and we received 25% off another cruise if booked and sailed within a year. We were very unhappy about this decision because of the higher cost to go to Bermuda vs. Bahamas. This was our last cruise with Carnival as we were misled and overcharged. We will be sailing at least 1 more time with them to use up our credit card points, and that will probably be the last.

Just out of curiosity, which cruise to Bermuda got re-routed on you?  It seems strange that Carnival (or any cruise line) would miss the port intentionally for no reason.

21 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Magic has November and December sailings out of PC, the Freedom has them out of Fort Lauderdale starting in late fall 

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Again the cdc recent guidelines dont expire until Nov 1, 2021 that say no cruise over 7 days. I personally wouldnt book even late fall a 8 day.

Telling people to book a 8 day next fall just because they can when cdc you know has guidelines in place otherwise ... 

Wouldn't late fall start on Nov 1, 2021, which is about halfway through the 3 months?  Since the announcement about the positivity of the vaccine trials today and it's positive impact on the stock's of the big three, the Nov 1 date could possibly get moved up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Wouldn't late fall start on Nov 1, 2021, which is about halfway through the 3 months?  Since the announcement about the positivity of the vaccine trials today and it's positive impact on the stock's of the big three, the Nov 1 date could possibly get moved up.

I've said so on other posts that cdc date could be moved up or extended. No one knows.

The post you quoted I was just saying personally I wouldnt book a 8 day, but someone posted 8 day cruises have been removed. 

And I guess to me November is winter not fall, but that's semantics. We had 3 nights end of october where it went down to freezing, we hit records. 

I have 2 b2bs early 2022, but they were booked before this came out. Who knows how fast covid will be under control

Edited by firefly333

26 minutes ago, firedisney97 said:

Waiting to see what happens.  We are supposed to be on 8 day Horizon and then my Mom and I are supposed to stay on ship for the next weeks 6 day.  Not looking real good at this point.  Glad I have not bought airline tickets yet

In order to generate extra revenue, Carnival could turn them into two 7 day sailings, or it could be a single 7 and leave the six day alone, who knows?  Regarding airfare, certain airlines, like American are waiving change fees.  You only have to fly by Dec 31, 2021.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Magic has November and December sailings out of PC, the Freedom has them out of Fort Lauderdale starting in late fall and the Horizon has them out of Miami. 

I do not see any cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, cellfree said:

When I search I see Freedom out of Miami and eventually Galveston. I wish it was Fort Lauderdale. 

I use a popular online travel site that specializes primarily in cruises to do my searches.  That's where the information came from

16 minutes ago, cellfree said:

When I search I see Freedom out of Miami and eventually Galveston. I wish it was Fort Lauderdale. 

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I use a popular online travel site that specializes primarily in cruises to do my searches.  That's where the information came from

Just verified on Carnival's website that it is indeed Miami.  But there are two different 8 day itineraries and you can sail out of Miami just as easily as Fort Lauderdale and fly into either city

It appears all US sailings of longer than 7 days through October are no longer listed on the website for booking. That would fit the timeline of the CDC order.  With the additional time needed for testing before boarding disembarking, staggered boarding / disembarking times, additional cleaning, etc, they may no longer have departures on the same day the ships return. The 6 and 8 day alternating itineraries may become all 6 days with an extra day between each sailing.