8 Day Cruise

Butterbean1000

10 minutes ago, 64funwhisper said:

I have one in 67 days January 16th if they are going to cancel sure would be nice to let us know what is going on so I could be cancelling transportation so  I  wouldnt loose money 

I do as well, but we are “suppose to know” that due to everything going on in the world that we will be canceled. Be ready for the “you must be living under a rock” responses. 

• Members

Our story on this: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5723/

Carnival Cruise Line has closed the sales of voyages longer than seven days from U.S. ports of call through October 2021.

It is worth noting that these voyages, while closed for new bookings, are not cancelled at this time. Existing reservations on these longer itineraries remain valid at this point.

The measure is in response to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s Framework for Conditional Sailing, which specifies that cruise lines can neither offer nor sail voyages longer than seven days as a condition of restart.

"We continue discussions with the CDC about the Oct. 30 order which lays out conditions under which cruising in the U.S. can resume, including a proposed 7-day cap on itineraries," a Carnival spokesperson told Cruise Critic in an email.  

"For the time being, we have closed for sale any 8-day or longer cruises from the U.S.  We have not taken any other action on these cruises and will update guests and travel agents once we make decisions about these itineraries."

Carnival's decision to close the sale of voyages over seven days in length does not apply to cruises from non-U.S. ports of call, which are outside U.S. jurisdiction and not subject to the CDC's approval (though these are still subject to approval from local health authorities).

15 minutes ago, CC Rider 69 said:

That tells us everything we all ready know. 
-CDC says nothing longer than 7 days

- Carnival removed them from the website and stopped sales. 

You know what is extremely annoying, I wrote to carnival and they responded by saying my  8 day cruise for March is "active and paid in full" (which it is) but no other information. Therefore, I have to wait on my transportation and hotel!

So when it comes close and they decide it's not going to be who is going to refund all the money I laid out???

Just saying

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, morningstarme said:

Posting this doesnt help. They are probably aware all 8 day cruises were pulled from the site.

Doesnt answer a thing. So will carnival chop off a day? Cancel.? Everyone knows cdc says no cruises longer than 7 days in the order that ends November 1st.... but carnival hasn't told the cruisers what it means ... they just get told carnival is no longer selling their cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i wonder what carnival will do for the NYC cruises that is all 8 day cruises during the summer. I am booked for June 2021. For a 7 day cruise there is only 3 options and that is Canada, Bermuda or a Florida/Bahama cruise

Then that's what they will change to.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Just be aware the no cruises longer than 7 days expires nov 1, 2021.

Yes they could lift it early,  just a fyi. 

If they don't lift it, it will seriously impact the Alaska cruise season for 2021.  Many of these are 8 days or longer.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Posting this doesnt help. They are probably aware all 8 day cruises were pulled from the site.

Doesnt answer a thing. So will carnival chop off a day? Cancel.? Everyone knows cdc says no cruises longer than 7 days in the order that ends November 1st.... but carnival hasn't told the cruisers what it means ... they just get told carnival is no longer selling their cruise. 

So, the probability that they chop a day and let the ship sit empty, not earning revenue for a day is unlikely. Totally replanning their itineraries around 7 days and shorter are a higher probability. But that all takes time, so everyone will sit and wait until all of the replanning is done. 

Yes. The cruise line needs to replan all of their itineraries around the 7-day limit. So, while they plan on what to do, everything just freezes. If they don't totally cancel everything and replan, then both the 8-day cruises and the cruises before/after may be affected. 

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So, the probability that they chop a day and let the ship sit empty, not earning revenue for a day is unlikely. Totally replanning their itineraries around 7 days and shorter are a higher probability. But that all takes time, so everyone will sit and wait until all of the replanning is done. 

Ya know I've given up placing bets. A extra day to turn around and clean for these first cruises might not be a bad idea either. Rebooking all the 6 days this close to sailings is a gamble too. They might have to drop prices. 

Eventually yes it makes sense to totally replace the 6 and 8 with two 7s. First cruises, idk. 

Might be some good deals ahead. I just saw a post someone who booked a solo balcony early on in covid for $600 on adventure was able to lift and shift to 2022. If my crystal ball worked better I'd have found better deals. Never saw lift and shift coming. Didnt see double loyalty pts coming either. 

I  called Carnival yesterday;  spoke to one lady and asked about the 8 day cruise, she tried to tell me its still going.. told her to check the cdc; she comes back and tell me "yeah it's 7 days for now" but your cruise is Feb 2021;  a lot can happen by then.

So I ask her why isn't any cruise available for that date; her responds was "it's met it max"

what is the max?  Don't know.

Then I asked her when will they know?  My final payment is due this month.

She tells me "you can cancel without a penalty (yeah I am still in my window) with no future OBC or just wait.  

Asked her about Carnival only excursions.  Not the answer I wanted to hear.

I feel Carnival really needs to be upfront with their guests   We all have $$ for these cruises; if they know its not going to happen; let us know before we reinvest more $$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rjrice1 said:

I feel Carnival really needs to be upfront with their guests   We all have $$ for these cruises; if they know its not going to happen; let us know before we reinvest more $$

Lol it's like the mob, if I told ya, I'd have to kill you.

Just kidding. They probably dont know at the level answering telephones

• Like 2