8 Day Cruise

Butterbean1000

On 10/31/2020 at 6:39 PM, Moviela said:

If I had an 8 day cruise one solution would be to change it to two 4 day cruises. At four days, everyone gets off, lunch is served on the pier, and new sign and sail cards are handed out. All aboard, muster drill, and we have a brand spanking new cruise. 

Anyone else have a problem?

I would have a HUGE problem with that for the price I paid.  Not interested in two laps to the Bahamas as a 'replacement' for by Aruba cruise.  But so far Carnival has been great.  There's zero chance in my view that they wouldn't allow guests to opt out with FCC.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

I would have a HUGE problem with that for the price I paid.  Not interested in two laps to the Bahamas as a 'replacement' for by Aruba cruise.  But so far Carnival has been great.  There's zero chance in my view that they wouldn't allow guests to opt out with FCC.

We have an 8 day ABC cruise booked on the Horizon in April. I wouldn't mind if they had to change it to a 7 day AB or AC cruise with 4 sea days. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teacher34 said:

I wonder if we are on the same cruise! We are booked for an eight day on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral on Feb. 13. I just booked it, because our Dec. cruises got cancelled. I hope nothing happens to this one !

You are aware that the CDC has limited cruises to 7 days.  Luckily you're going out of Port Canaveral since that is 1 of the 2 embarkation ports besides Miami that Carnival is starting from.  If you're flying in, don't book any tickets until the cruise dates are locked in, since it will not be 8 days in length and depending upon how soon Carnival jumps through all of their hoops that are required including getting ports to welcome the Breeze, nothing is certain at this point.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:11 AM, jsglow said:

Who says you need to start the second cruise at the same port? Do the exercise at any port along the way.

12 hours ago, Moviela said:

Who says you need to start the second cruise at the same port? Do the exercise at any port along the way.

I guess we're not understanding each other.  My point was that I would never consider paying $1000 pp (or whatever it was that I paid for our 8-day Aruba run) for two substituted B2B 4-day 'near Florida' cruises.  Premium cruise itineraries command premium prices.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jsglow said:

I guess we're not understanding each other.  My point was that I would never consider paying $1000 pp (or whatever it was that I paid for our 8-day Aruba run) for two substituted B2B 4-day 'near Florida' cruises.  Premium cruise itineraries command premium prices.

Aruba counts as a premium cruise itinerary? Yikes. 

12 hours ago, teacher34 said:

Fortunately for us, we live in NC and will just drive to the port. I trust Carnival to cut the cost if they change it from an 8 day to a 7 day. I just want to sail so badly !! 

Will they refund 1/8 of the cruise fare as an onboard credit? Issue a standard amount that will be the same for everyone regardless of room type booked? Provide an actual refund to the original method of payment for 1/8 of cruise fare?

For those who aren't as lucky as you who will be flying to the port, what about IRROP expenses? Will the cruise be pushed back a day and now require hotel accommodations from already booked flights? What about coming back a day early needing hotel accommodations? What about change fees and being re-fared to the current selling price?

And then, on the opposite side of the spectrum, those who are currently booked on the offsetting 6 day cruise, will they be bumped up to 7 days and require a change of air travel home? Will the cruise line keep it at 6 days and deadhead for the day in between getting stuck with port expenses and securing dockside logistics for an additional day?

Could they do what Royal Caribbean did with the Quantum of the Seas and cancel all reservations currently on the books, post new itineraries and let everyone rebook from scratch? There are a lot of factors in play.

Edited by xDisconnections

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Aruba would be for me. We dont get there from Galveston in a 7 day cruise. It definitely would cost more per day from here. 

Any additional cost would likely correlate to additional days onboard. If Aruba is considered premium, what would you consider places such as Antarctica, the Galapagos and areas including Svalbard? 

11 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Any additional cost would likely correlate to additional days onboard. If Aruba is considered premium, what would you consider places such as Antarctica, the Galapagos and areas including Svalbard? 

Carnival doesnt go there, this is the carnival board, so I'm speaking of carnival cruises.

I have looked at Galapagos on celebrity.. but it has nothing to do with what a premium carnival cruise is.

I would also consider southern or panama canal even partial transit premium on carnival. Anything other than same old out of Galveston. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Aruba counts as a premium cruise itinerary? Yikes. 

By Carnival standards.  Again, I'm simply saying I'm not paying premium prices to go to the Bahamas.

• Like 1

I had an 8 day cruise to the ABC islands in October that was cancelled. I took the $600 onboard credit for a future cruise. I would like to book, however, booking another 8 day priced cruise that will be only 7 days is difficult to do. Especially when the itenirary could change to ports I do not not want to go to at this time. When will Carnival update their website with the itenirary for the real cruise. Those cruises in April, May and June will not be 8 days. With the new administration going in in January, the CDC may shut down cruising with no objection from the new Administration.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jsglow said:

By Carnival standards.  Again, I'm simply saying I'm not paying premium prices to go to the Bahamas.

We did when our Bermuda cruise went to the Bahamas because of a hurricane that our captain said impacted Bermuda and left flooding and power outages there. Actually the hurricane never touched Bermuda and we received 25% off another cruise if booked and sailed within a year. We were very unhappy about this decision because of the higher cost to go to Bermuda vs. Bahamas. This was our last cruise with Carnival as we were misled and overcharged. We will be sailing at least 1 more time with them to use up our credit card points, and that will probably be the last.

2 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I had an 8 day cruise to the ABC islands in October that was cancelled. I took the $600 onboard credit for a future cruise. I would like to book, however, booking another 8 day priced cruise that will be only 7 days is difficult to do. Especially when the itenirary could change to ports I do not not want to go to at this time. When will Carnival update their website with the itenirary for the real cruise. Those cruises in April, May and June will not be 8 days. With the new administration going in in January, the CDC may shut down cruising with no objection from the new Administration.

I agree. It’s frustrating that Carnival isn’t giving us anymore information than they are. We have an 8 day scheduled Jan 9. We are all ready making alternate plans, but some plan for the future would be nice. 

2 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I had an 8 day cruise to the ABC islands in October that was cancelled. I took the $600 onboard credit for a future cruise. I would like to book, however, booking another 8 day priced cruise that will be only 7 days is difficult to do. 

Assuming that the 7 day maximum requirement will eventually be lifted, it might behoove you to temporarily choose an eight day sailing well into the future that is going to ports you wish to visit.  The Magic has November and December sailings out of PC, the Freedom has them out of Fort Lauderdale starting in late fall and the Horizon has them out of Miami.  There are various ports that each of these many 8 day sailings go to, so hopefully you'll find one that you'll enjoy utilizing your 600 in OBC on.

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I agree. It’s frustrating that Carnival isn’t giving us anymore information than they are. We have an 8 day scheduled Jan 9. We are all ready making alternate plans, but some plan for the future would be nice. 

The sooner they inform you, the sooner they have to start the refund process.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

The sooner they inform you, the sooner they have to start the refund process.

No matter how bad it sounds but its all about connecting. The longer you wait for them to contact you, the longer you will experience certain problems in this regard. I suggest giving a call first 

14 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

No matter how bad it sounds but its all about connecting. The longer you wait for them to contact you, the longer you will experience certain problems in this regard. I suggest giving a call first 

Calling them will result in being told the cruise will operate as scheduled. Until official, they cannot and will not say anything different. Either cancel on your own and be subjected to penalties if applicable or wait it out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Assuming that the 7 day maximum requirement will eventually be lifted, it might behoove you to temporarily choose an eight day sailing well into the future that is going to ports you wish to visit.  The Magic has November and December sailings out of PC, the Freedom has them out of Fort Lauderdale starting in late fall and the Horizon has them out of Miami.  There are various ports that each of these many 8 day sailings go to, so hopefully you'll find one that you'll enjoy utilizing your 600 in OBC on.

Again the cdc recent guidelines dont expire until Nov 1, 2021 that say no cruise over 7 days. I personally wouldnt book even late fall a 8 day cruise and cross my fingers that cdc will change its mind. Carnival has only been working a month in advance and cancelling but otherwise maintaining radio silence on the future. 

Telling people to book a 8 day next fall just because they can when cdc you know has guidelines in place otherwise ... if you do, dont come crying here later if a day chopped off. Unless the price is cheap, personally I am not booking b2b or more than a 7 day until I know its allowed. 

If and when cruises do restart, expect ports to change all over the place. If you want to cruise, expect to be flexible. 

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Carnival, along with everyone else who is paying attention to what is going on in this country, knows there is no chance any cruise is going to sail for a long time from the US. As others have stated, cancelling cruises now would result in the possibility of a large number of passengers requesting refunds, which would not help their current fragile financial condition.  

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Carnival, along with everyone else who is paying attention to what is going on in this country, knows there is no chance any cruise is going to sail for a long time from the US. As others have stated, cancelling cruises now would result in the possibility of a large number of passengers requesting refunds, which would not help their current fragile financial condition.  

Thank you for insinuating I have no idea what’s going on in this country. Living under a rock, I would have had no idea without your post. What would I do without you?!