@Royal Caribbean - Please Extend Crown & Anchor Society Double Points Promo

The promotion is definitely appreciated. You missed out on 2020 cruises, therefore we double points in 2021. Only issue - the first half of 2021 is going to be a total wash. Maybe 1 or 2 ships up max?  

Please consider including January - April 2022 (current deployment only) into the promotion. Many of us are trying to be forward looking and that would be more certain that (I hope) those cruises will happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

The promotion is definitely appreciated. You missed out on 2020 cruises, therefore we double points in 2021. Only issue - the first half of 2021 is going to be a total wash. Maybe 1 or 2 ships up max?  

Please consider including January - April 2022 (current deployment only) into the promotion. Many of us are trying to be forward looking and that would be more certain that (I hope) those cruises will happen. 

They are more likely to tighten the rules to make it harder to take advantage of the promotion if the vaccines prove as effective as current data indicate, rather than extend it beyond the current dates.

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

They are more likely to tighten the rules to make it harder to take advantage of the promotion if the vaccines prove as effective as current data indicate, rather than extend it beyond the current dates.

Maybe so.  

17 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

They are not going to make that decision by looking at this post on this forum.

Thanks for your input. 

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Maybe they knew that 2021 would be a wash when they devised the promo.  

Probably not a total wash, but certainly they factored in the probability that every cruise before April would end up being Lifted &Shifted to a 2022 date which would wipe out the double points.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Probably not a total wash, but certainly they factored in the probability that every cruise before April would end up being Lifted &Shifted to a 2022 date which would wipe out the double points.

Agreed.  Not a total wash but with ships eventually sailing at reduced capacity that inherently limits the "cost" of the extra points they'll hand out.  

Let's say they normally hand out 1M points per year.  That's an arbitrary number, the actual number isn't relevant for this exercise.  Between lost winter cruises and the remainder of 2021 at reduced capacity they would have handed out ~500k points.  So by doubling it they return back on track where they would have been.  That's an easy sell to the executives would need to sign off on the promo. 

It might not be exactly right back to where they would have been, but in the ballpark.  The point is they knew what they were doing when they crafted the promo and it did take into account that which they already know but are not publicly stating - much of 2021 will be lost, more cancellations are coming.

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

Agreed.  Not a total wash but with ships eventually sailing at reduced capacity that inherently limits the "cost" of the extra points they'll hand out.  

Let's say they normally hand out 1M points per year.  That's an arbitrary number, the actual number isn't relevant for this exercise.  Between lost winter cruises and the remainder of 2021 at reduced capacity they would have handed out ~500k points.  So by doubling it they return back on track where they would have been.  That's an easy sell to the executives would need to sign off on the promo. 

It might not be exactly right back to where they would have been, but in the ballpark.  The point is they knew what they were doing when they crafted the promo and it did take into account that which they already know but are not publicly stating - much of 2021 will be lost, more cancellations are coming.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner🍗

1 hour ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Boy wouldnt that be great. I lifted and got 2 b2bs in that time frame.

Wish they would but sadly I too doubt it. Maybe they did it to stop more lift and shifts to early 2022.

If we are making requests, I’d like to see the extension of FCC expiration dates. 

On a more wishful but not realistic chance of happening, I’d like to see them stackable and ability to swap them with all age groups. It’s going to take some time to use them and let’s be honest, they can just raise the price of the cruise and the FCC is worth minimum value.  

A nice gesture with little return for the guests. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If we are making requests, I’d like to see the extension of FCC expiration dates. 

On a more wishful but not realistic chance of happening, I’d like to see them stackable and ability to swap them with all age groups. It’s going to take some time to use them and let’s be honest, they can just raise the price of the cruise and the FCC is worth minimum value.  

I would request an extension of the L/S program... :classic_wink:

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 11:43 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Sorry...total hijack...but wondering if you cancelled your RLS on Allure 3-14-21.  I noticed that suite is now available online.  We still have the OPS booked but have little hope of it sailing...

I expect that they have done analysis on bookings made after they announced the double points to try to see how much effect the program had.   As time goes on I am sure they will consider extending if they believe they will benefit from doing so.  

Restarting is still a moving target.  Everything has to evolve one step at a time.  It now appears that B2B will not be allowed at least until November of 2021.  They will probably try to figure out how many cancelations will be created and  what sort of options will be offered to try to keep bookings.  It could be another round of L&S or they could offer to shift a week.

As far as extending double points. it could go either way .