Europe 2022

loge23

1 hour ago, Kamloops50 said:

Probably Tuesday for Elities. Wednesday for the general. Thursday is American Thanksgiving and most of Princess is closed.

Again though why do people in the US get to book on 25th November yet in the UK even the Elites can’t book until the 1st December?

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Anyone else notice these dates are after FCC expires?? Guess I need to have my current cancellation refunded instead 

i would expect them to extend the FCC equal to the months that there were no ships sailing with passengers. Need to call and find out. 

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, amajaa said:

Again though why do people in the US get to book on 25th November yet in the UK even the Elites can’t book until the 1st December?

is there a particular cruise/ date/ cabin you are after?

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Probably a marketing requirement. The UK might have laws that limit how far in advance they can be sold.

11 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

Probably a marketing requirement. The UK might have laws that limit how far in advance they can be sold.

No it can’t be that as the  P & O ones for the same period have been on sale for a few weeks already , and a couple of other lines. Cunard also I think

On 11/19/2020 at 8:04 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

It is not common, but had happened before.

For example, Royal Princess was in Fincantieri Palermo drydock in 2016 for painting the Seawitch hull art.

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-princess-first-cruise-ship-show-off-new-livery/14060

Regal Princess also entered Hamburg drydock in 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5fFNGX1l1E

She was there for a major modification. They change central crew stairs to a passenger stair case.

• Like 1

I've seen sevaral people post opening dates of both 11/25 and 12/1 - what's got me scratching my head is that Princess is very consistent and always sends an email to travel agents a MINIMUM of 10 days before a new deployment opens that gives the on sale dates and link to the itinerary reference flyer, then within 48hrs the information appears in the travel agent website.  To date NOTHING has been posted for Europe 2022, nor have I received the email as normal.  I think they may be pushing this back a bit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I've seen sevaral people post opening dates of both 11/25 and 12/1 - what's got me scratching my head is that Princess is very consistent and always sends an email to travel agents a MINIMUM of 10 days before a new deployment opens that gives the on sale dates and link to the itinerary reference flyer, then within 48hrs the information appears in the travel agent website.  To date NOTHING has been posted for Europe 2022, nor have I received the email as normal.  I think they may be pushing this back a bit.

The reference is already out. I got a copy on Cruise Critic about 10 days ago.

If you got back to the third post . The reference file is posted.

Edited by Kamloops50

19 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

The reference is already out. I got a copy on Cruise Critic about 10 days ago.

If you got back to the third post . The reference file is posted.

Yes - but the poster indicated the agency that posted it quickly took it down, which indicates that the agency may have gotten a preview copy that has since been retracted, probably at Princess’ request.  They may be making changes or updates that the original reference flyer did not reflect.   

It has NOT been distributed to agents or published on the agent website, nor has an on-sale date been communicated to agents via email as normal.  This is what makes me think it got “leaked” and that potentially it is being delayed. Not uncommon and the conflicting on-sale dates reported, along with lack of an on-sale date (or any announcement of any sort) from Princess only reinforces my opinion.

FYI - I am a travel agent for a large cruise agency, so usually have the information on deployment before it goes public. In this instance I do not have it, hence my educated guess.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Yes - but the poster indicated the agency that posted it quickly took it down, which indicates that the agency may have gotten a preview copy that has since been retracted, probably at Princess’ request.  They may be making changes or updates that the original reference flyer did not reflect.   

It has NOT been distributed to agents or published on the agent website, nor has an on-sale date been communicated to agents via email as normal.  This is what makes me think it got “leaked” and that potentially it is being delayed. Not uncommon and the conflicting on-sale dates reported, along with lack of an on-sale date (or any announcement of any sort) from Princess only reinforces my opinion.

FYI - I am a travel agent for a large cruise agency, so usually have the information on deployment before it goes public. In this instance I do not have it, hence my educated guess.

My information came directly from a Cruise Planner at Princess. My info was from late last week.

17 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

My information came directly from a Cruise Planner at Princess. My info was from late last week.

And I don’t doubt that one bit. I just find it odd that IF Europe 2022 is going on sale this week on the 25th, or next week on December 1st that NOTHING has been distributed to agents yet. Things change, and dates are very fluid right now. What’s true today is wrong later today, let alone tomorrow.....

As they say - watch this space!  LoL

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

6 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

We had this an e mail last week from Princess which as I said we weren’t sure if it was a scam, but other people confirmed okay. It said on sale for Elite from 1st December. Here is the link if it works 

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessuk/2022Europe.pdf?cid=brand_email_info_internal_191120-europelaunchhighlights-elites_brand&mi_u=8571196067

It was the post from an ordinary person on Facebook that disappeared not the link that is still there. I assume the Facebook post was deleted because as usual people were arguing with each other on the thread.So nothing to do with an agency taking it down

Edited by amajaa

I called Princess Nov 24 for Elite Europe 2022. The cruise I wanted showed with no price. . They agent confirmed with her supervisor that it opens Dec 1 at 6am PT for Elite.  

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Won't they upload the 2022 cruises to the Princess website a few days before we can book them  (December 1 or 2) so we can take a better look?  

Usually on Elite day Dec 1, the day before open to the public Dec 2, the cruises will be listed with no price. If Elite, you can call Princess to get a price or book.  If Elite, sign in, it might show the price.   Public day the price will be listed.

I call and get the price for the cabin I want then pass to my agent to book.

Edited by phabric