Lift & Shift Deadline Extended

PROCRUISE

Informed today by our TA that deadline has been extended to 1/31/2021.

Won't help us however. Cancelled 2/21 cruise last Monday for 100% refund. Cancelled our 3/21 cruise today for deposit refund since it was suppose to be an 11night cruise, which certainly isn't going to sail even though X has made no announcement.

Hope the slight extension might help others. Stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Doesn’t help us.  We have an 8 day booked May 29.  When you try to lift and shift it says there are no other options available.  L&S sounds good in theory, but there is a lot of fine print that favors Celebrity.  Our cruise will not sail because it is over 7 days.  I’m hoping we can get a refund as we have already applied FCC from another cancelled cruise.  

I just wish Celebrity would release the Transatlantic cruises for 2022. We are 99% certain that our April 2021 cruise on Reflection is a no go but we can’t lift and shift as there are no itineraries to lift and shift to. Given that our cruise has disappeared from the Celebrity website (sold out apparently) it is not looking promising. 

• Like 1

I'll have to read up on the restrictions/qualifications.  Have my first X sailing on 3/15 (5 nights Infinity).  Fare was an incredible deal from my TA, who only had a handful of cabins available and includes drinks and grats.  Final payment is due late Dec.  Really hope we know by then whether it will be cancelled but I tend to think I'll pay in full anyway and hope that it sails.

But maybe we can L&S to 2022.  Afraid that if I have to cancel, the minimal FCC I'll get on such a low fare won't go very far when applied to the new All Inclusive rates!  So if I have to cancel, looks like I'll be requesting a refund and who knows if I'll ever end up sailing Celebrity. 😔

On 11/20/2020 at 4:27 PM, PROCRUISE said:

Informed today by our TA that deadline has been extended to 1/31/2021.

Won't help us however. Cancelled 2/21 cruise last Monday for 100% refund. Cancelled our 3/21 cruise today for deposit refund since it was suppose to be an 11night cruise, which certainly isn't going to sail even though X has made no announcement.

Hope the slight extension might help others. Stay safe.

That's great as long as your scheduled cruise is such that there are dates available. Many of us have summer cruises we would love to L&S but because the schedule is not released yet, we cannot.

They need to extend their schedule as well as the dates for L&Sing

If Celebrity releases their additional cruises by 1/31/2021 you should be OK.  This is Celebrity’s standard practice.  But with all the uncertainty surrounding cruising, it might not happen.  

Perhaps Celebrity was being generous and extended the date to 1/31/2021, so they would have time to release the new cruises.

Princess just cancelled a large group of 2021 cruises without any price protection for rebooking.  Just an opportunity to get a 25% FCC on the deposit value if you do not request a cash refund.

For summer cruises to be eligible to L&S after the new deployments are open the L&S program is going to have to be modified.  Currently it states the new sailing must depart before May 4, 2022.  This text was added when the program was extended to expire 11/30.  The suspicion at the time was to prevent L&S of the 2021 Europe season.   Maybe given the conditions they may extend the must depart by date.

The new sailing needs to depart within 4 weeks (before or after) from the original sail date you had booked, in the following year, and must depart on or before May 4, 2022.

• Like 1