New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry to hear about the positive test, hope she isn’t too ill and recovers quickly. 
I had a test yesterday in Hosp, just waiting for results. Spent 11 hours on assessment ward yesterday, apparently I have an ectopic heart rhythm and have been referred to cardiac team.

Michelle

Sorry to hear that Michelle.  It shouldn't take long to get a cardio appointment so try not to worry in the meanwhile and do let us know what they say.  I have a condition called SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) which I've had since 2007.  I just have to take one tablet per day and it keeps things in order. When it first started I was scared by the extra beats - it felt like a butterfly in my neck! Once I saw the cardiologist and had a few tests it was all sorted.  Good luck and best wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

Our Sarah got a positive covid19 result this morning.

She is 40 and has epilepsy but as a civil servant she has worked at the office through all lockdowns.

She sounded positive on the phone this morning but felt tired but she regularly feels tired after a fit.

Graham.

I hope Sarah makes a full and swift recovery.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Sorry to hear that Michelle.  It shouldn't take long to get a cardio appointment so try not to worry in the meanwhile and do let us know what they say.  I have a condition called SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) which I've had since 2007.  I just have to take one tablet per day and it keeps things in order. When it first started I was scared by the extra beats - it felt like a butterfly in my neck! Once I saw the cardiologist and had a few tests it was all sorted.  Good luck and best wishes.  Jane.x

Thanks Jane, I will let you know how I get on.

Michelle

Well both jabbed this morning with the pfizer vaccine, didn't feel a thing. Asked if we were left or right handed and given it in the opposite arm. Extremely well organised, very quick, 45 mins from leaving home and walking back through the front door. Happy Bunny 😃

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Our Health Authority has been told to 'throttle back' the vaccine programme to let other areas around the country catch up. 98% of over 70s have been vaccinated here. Cat 7s not started here yet.

In some ways that makes sense as round here they only just started on group 5.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham my daughter goes to same eye hospital as you and last week had a steroid implant into the back of her eye and if it’s successful they will do her other eye🤞🏻Hope your appointment at the hospital  and vaccination goes well 

lindy 

Thanks Lindy.

I hope everything goes well for your daughter.

My consultant was Mr Masri.

20 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Well both jabbed this morning with the pfizer vaccine, didn't feel a thing. Asked if we were left or right handed and given it in the opposite arm. Extremely well organised, very quick, 45 mins from leaving home and walking back through the front door. Happy Bunny 😃

Excellent news.

Graham.

Had my vaccine today (Pfizer) left home at 1245 travelled the 5-6 miles to Stafford County Showground and was very well organised from the minute we entered through the gate until we left. All the staff were very polite and organised and after a 15 minute wait I drove home and arrived back home at 1340. Excellent first class service and a very relieved couple.

Didnt feel a thing and no problems but just in case going to go for a lie down for a couple of hours and told the wife to bring a cup of tea up to me. Told her to be on the safe side to carry the tea in her left hand because she had the jab in her right arm and I wouldnt want her to drop my tea 🤣

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

Heard that my brother in North Wales, (Kimnel Bay, Conwy), had his vaccination yesterday at his local community centre.  He is only 65 with no health issues, so they are doing well there, though he is wondering if it may be being done alphabetically, as his surname beings with an A.

Edited by tring
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Snap, had an AF ablation at London Bridge hospital in 2006.

All ok but occasionally get attacks of SVT as Atrial Flutter which feels a bit horrible.

A big pill in pocket dose of anti arrhythmic drug and beta blocker normally stop it in a hour or two.

6 hours ago, Beckett said:

My youngest daughter had that as a child - ablation cured it permanently. It was terrifying the first time it happened.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrisdriving said:

Snap, had an AF ablation at London Bridge hospital in 2006.

All ok but occasionally get attacks of SVT as Atrial Flutter which feels a bit horrible.

A big pill in pocket dose of anti arrhythmic drug and beta blocker normally stop it in a hour or two.

I went to the Heart Hospital in Marylebone for mine - they were great considering I was so nervous I kept fainting before I'd even got on the table! Keep taking the tablets Chris. J.x

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

My youngest daughter had that as a child - ablation cured it permanently. It was terrifying the first time it happened.

That must have been really scary in a child Annie. Glad it was a permanent cure for her. J.x

• Like 1

Had a chat with a local GP who lives nearby. She said they had not had any supplies for ten days and did not know when they were getting new vaccine. I then read that Andy Burnham was stating some hubs in Manchester have an abundance of vaccine because of No Shows and wants to open up the age range to 40 +.  

I know I must sound as if I am continually moaning but distribution is a mess. It was given to a logistics expert in the Army, a Brigadier to organise, well I know it must be a monumental task but it's not working.

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Had a chat with a local GP who lives nearby. She said they had not had any supplies for ten days and did not know when they were getting new vaccine. I then read that Andy Burnham was stating some hubs in Manchester have an abundance of vaccine because of No Shows and wants to open up the age range to 40 +.  

I know I must sound as if I am continually moaning but distribution is a mess. It was given to a logistics expert in the Army, a Brigadier to organise, well I know it must be a monumental task but it's not working.

Have you tried phoning 119 Bob, can be a pain to get through but it could be worth a try

11 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have you tried phoning 119 Bob, can be a pain to get through but it could be worth a try

Yes. Contrary to what Matt Hancock said on Monday, Group 6 cannot book online and must wait for an invitation either by letter or through their GP.  Banging head against brick wall, some areas in Shevfield are vaccinating over 60's with no health problems, Group 7 !   

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Yes. Contrary to what Matt Hancock said on Monday, Group 6 cannot book online and must wait for an invitation either by letter or through their GP.  Banging head against brick wall, some areas in Shevfield are vaccinating over 60's with no health problems, Group 7 !   

There doesn't seem to be any logic to how the booking systems are being run or which area's surgeries are getting the vaccine. I booked on the NHS system and haven't received a letter and I am 64.

35 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I called 119 earlier in the week prior to receiving our invitations to book via text. All they can tell you is what you can check for yourself online which, in the case of group 6 is ‘you are not yet eligible to book a vaccination’. The reason is that the NHS has decided that group 6 jabs are better carried out by GP surgeries so, as a result, the option to book online for this group doesn’t exist. This has proved to be a flawed approach, as it has resulted in lower risk groups getting priority over those in group 6 who are people with underlying health conditions. We are lucky that we have an excellent GP surgery and our area is ahead of the national vaccination rate, so we were jabbed yesterday, but it does appear to be a bit of a lottery. 

• Like 1

Unexpectedly had a call from our local hub at Midhurst and I’m having the Pfizer jab on Thursday. I’m group 7.
So excited (which is quite ridiculous really) that I’m having a glass of wine!

Cheers everyone 🍷🍷🍷

• Like 15