New vaccine

hollyjess

31 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Here is the link to the story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55605149

Does anybody read these letters before they go out and realise they are being ambigious 😠

I don't think it is actually deliberate, at least with the 'workers', as for the 'bosses', I have had my fair share of those idiots in my over 30 years in the civil service. In the extreme crisis we have now I would have hoped that some really competent leaders would have emerged but apart from JVT ............:classic_sad:

ps - half a bottle of wine and two large G&T's has not made me happy so apologies. I fully intend to drink the rest of the wine and several more gins later. What I need is some of that Norwegian cheese I bought in Geiranger. It was brown and superb, can't remember the name 🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕

Hi Dave.  I don't think anyone does actually read the letters that go out. They are certainly not grammar or spell-checked and I've often commented that no letter that poor would ever leave my desk. I too was hoping that a couple stand-out leaders would have emerged by now but I'm still waiting. Agree about JVT though. I read the link and it's not clear at all. They should have put much more emphasis on the fact that vaccines can be delivered locally. What they actually need in these departments is people who work, or have worked, in the NHS and know what's happening at ground level. It won't happen.  Enjoy those gins! Jane

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

What I need is some of that Norwegian cheese I bought in Geiranger. It was brown and superb, can't remember the name 🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕

Might be "Brunost"   only time we have had any was on a Hurtigruten  12 day northern lights job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4R1QHxZbgkGJ3zF9Bw2Hmhs/highlights-from-the-bakeation-in-norway

Its brown and a bit sweet  caramel sort of flavour hard to describe but  definitely moreish!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That's a difficult one to answer without annoying someone, but I'll try.

Most of the younger active working or non-working people have had infinitely much more freedom during the last 10 months than the seniors or the shielding. Frank 75 has been out once since March, to have his flu jab, and I've been out 3 times (73) There are some posters on here, you know who you are, that have been shielding for the whole 10 months and I think it's only right that they are allowed to have the vaccine asap. They and we need to live the remainder of our lives free, not closeted behind closed doors.

On a personal note, over this last 10 months, I have gone from being a happy optimist into a miserable old woman who can see no future. I cry every day and I have no interest in anything anymore, and I know I'm not the only one.I put on a happy front, but inside I'm falling apart.

So to some waiting another couple of months for the vaccine might not seem a long time, but to me and many others, it's a lifetime.

Avril

oh Avril I really wish I could give you a massive hug 😢. I think most of us have had our down days since March, I know I have and have shed more than a few tears. 

Hopefully you and Frank won’t have to wait too much longer until you’re called for the jab x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Is anybody else getting logged out of here if they leave the page for half an hour? 

That kept happening to me last month. I never log out, just x out and close the lap top, but for about a week I had to keep logging in every time. It was flippin' annoying😠 It's fine now, it must have corrected itself, but I don't know what caused it.

Avril

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Here is the link to the story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55605149

Does anybody read these letters before they go out and realise they are being ambigious 😠

I don't think it is actually deliberate, at least with the 'workers', as for the 'bosses', I have had my fair share of those idiots in my over 30 years in the civil service. In the extreme crisis we have now I would have hoped that some really competent leaders would have emerged but apart from JVT ............:classic_sad:

ps - half a bottle of wine and two large G&T's has not made me happy so apologies. I fully intend to drink the rest of the wine and several more gins later. What I need is some of that Norwegian cheese I bought in Geiranger. It was brown and superb, can't remember the name 🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕

Brunost? 

Beaten to it😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That kept happening to me last month. I never log out, just x out and close the lap top, but for about a week I had to keep logging in every time. It was flippin' annoying😠 It's fine now, it must have corrected itself, but I don't know what caused it.

Avril

Thanks Avril, thought it was me!!  It's still doing it.

55 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Might be "Brunost"   only time we have had any was on a Hurtigruten  12 day northern lights job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4R1QHxZbgkGJ3zF9Bw2Hmhs/highlights-from-the-bakeation-in-norway

Its brown and a bit sweet  caramel sort of flavour hard to describe but  definitely moreish!!

Aaah ... we bought some of that some years ago when we did a ship's tour to the summer herdal farm from Geraingerford.

It was explained to us that in Norway, they make the cheese from the whey and tip the curds into the stream for the trolls, which is why Norwegian trolls are so fat.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thanks Avril, thought it was me!!  It's still doing it.

I have only recently stopped logging out every time I left CC, and it worked ok for a while, but finding over the last couple of days that I constantly have to keep logging in again.  Hence something different is happening imo.

4 minutes ago, tring said:

I have only recently stopped logging out every time I left CC, and it worked ok for a while, but finding over the last couple of days that I constantly have to keep logging in again.  Hence something different is happening imo.

I have experienced it, but its very sporadic and rarely constant, I assumed it was my phone/tablet causing the problem.

3 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Great, I think that's the stuff. sweet caramel flavour, wonder if you can get it in the UK?

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Happened to me a few weeks ago, drove me crazy. I think it was after a Microsoft Windows 10 update, they can sometimes do weird stuff to your PC.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Brunost? 

Beaten to it😉

Avril

Thanks

ps - just finished the last G&T, the excellent Night Manager got in the way, looking forward to reading my first Agatha Christie tomorrow, hangover permitting 🤢

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

That happened a few times on my Android mobile phone after Jean mentioned it  but it took seconds to put my cc name and password in to get back on the forum.

I usually just googled cruise critic on my mobile and click on cc and I am straight in.

Edited by grapau27

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That happened a few times on my Android mobile phone but it took seconds to put my cc name and password in to get back in.

It probably annoyed me because I'm just plain lazy Graham😁 I'm used to clicking CC on the bookmark bar and there you all are.

Avril

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It probably annoyed me because I'm just plain lazy Graham😁 I'm used to clicking CC on the bookmark bar and there you all are.

Avril

I have never posted on my laptop.

I always use my mobile as I can check in quickly at any time as my phone is with me all the time.

Graham.

As a complete technophobe, I just use my ancient desktop computer - don't possess an ipad, iphone, laptop (although I have used one) etc. etc.  And my mobile is about as simple as you can get.

Because of this, maybe, all I have to do to get into CC is tap the logo which appears in the middle of the screen, along with emails, BBC  etc., the ones I use  lot and straight in and logged in if I want to leave it like that.  But I do have to be sitting in the bedroom by the machine, of course.  Suits me fine, an excuse for a change of scene and short break from the better half.  You are all obviously whizz kids from the next  generation!

Just had my weekly supermarket delivery; so grateful to them and the pickers, who email me at 6a.m. to say what is in the boxes.  Recently they didn't have litres of own brand gin, so sent me two bottles for the price of a litre.  A joy when that sort of thing happens occasionally.

• Like 4

I get access to CC on my laptop by using their website address in address bar and then click on "Boards" at top right of homepage and usually automatically logged in  with no further action. I have had a few problems where I had to sign in using my username and password and when queried it with CC on their Facebook page they said it was a website issue and it would be sorted out at their end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I get access to CC on my laptop by using their website address in address bar and then click on "Boards" at top right of homepage and usually automatically logged in  with no further action. I have had a few problems where I had to sign in using my username and password and when queried it with CC on their Facebook page they said it was a website issue and it would be sorted out at their end.

The problems some people are having now sound more like a update issue in the actual operating device being used . I say this as many of us are having no problems at all with our computers /phones etc . Could be worth them signing out of CC removing any desktop shortcuts and doing a clean up.

Sometimes a system update can leave shortcuts corrupt and not working as before.

If they get no joy then the next system update hopefully will clear it.

If they use a phone and that has the issue and they possess another method like a laptop and find that has no issues, then at least they know the problem would be the phone and not the website. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

The problems some people are having now sound more like a update issue in the actual operating device being used . I say this as many of us are having no problems at all with our computers /phones etc . Could be worth them signing out of CC removing any desktop shortcuts and doing a clean up.

Sometimes a system update can leave shortcuts corrupt and not working as before.

If they get no joy then the next system update hopefully will clear it.

If they use a phone and that has the issue and they possess another method like a laptop and find that has no issues, then at least they know the problem would be the phone and not the website. 

Lincslady in the post above assumes that many of us are whizzkids with technology, and so I would like to disabuse her of that fact by saying, ''I didn't understand a word of what I've just read kalos. Three times!!!'' I just know which keys to press, when to press them, and in what order.  If that fails I shout for my grandson😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Lincslady in the post above assumes that many of us are whizzkids with technology, and so I would like to disabuse her of that fact by saying, ''I didn't understand a word of what I've just read kalos. Three times!!!'' I just know which keys to press, when to press them, and in what order.  If that fails I shout for my grandson😁

Avril

Don't be too hard on yourself Avril , you know all you need to know and by shouting "Grandson "

you still get what I wrote done for you anyway .Each to their own skills.

I bet if I asked your Grandson for a nice meat & tatty pie he would now be shouting for you.

No one needs to understand it ,just know who to shout for works just as well .:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

just know who to shout for works just as well

As regards being logged out there is a thread in the "help "section here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2760630-not-staying-logged-in/page/4/#comments

Maybe if all who have a problem could post there it might get it looked at a bit quicker.

Go shout there - they will probably not see us otherwise.

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

As regards being logged out there is a thread in the "help "section here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2760630-not-staying-logged-in/page/4/#comments

Maybe if all who have a problem could post there it might get it looked at a bit quicker.

Go shout there - they will probably not see us otherwise.

But they can only help if there is a problem with the site , one person is having problems not the rest of us .Having said that it does not hurt to check with the link you have given to those who are having the problem .