New vaccine

hollyjess

It’s a tad irritating when you organise your account so as not to be impacted by seeing posts from those you do not welcome and then other members quote and reply to that person - so you get to see all their posts anyway 🙄

Ho hum, having said that I’ll now have to revert to my own personal  inbuilt “ignore function”.

Might be worth you thinking about it though folks - the more you quote and repeat the more you amplify?  I can recommend the forum Ignore process

• Like 4

Why reply?

Apparently he doesn’t come back/comes back with further unwelcome material

Do what you do with irritating children - Ignore

That’s not mean.  It’s not reacting inappropriately to someone who may have any sort of trouble.  

Sorry - I’m lecturing 😕. No more from me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes sort of agree Eddie, but the trouble is, if you reply without the quote, by the time you finish typing, someone else has posted, so nobody knows what yours refers to!!

That doesn't really matter with Rogers posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My future DiL who is a care assistant got her vaccination yesterday then did a night shift, her shoulder and arm hurt where the injection occurred, said shouldn’t  do any heavy lifting after vaccination, which in her job is difficult to avoid. 

Other than that she is fine. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

More potential good news. They have started large scale trials of beta interferon inhaled direct into the lungs. If it turns out as good as the initial trials it could reduce serious disease or ICU admission by up to 80% for hospital patients 🤞

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55639096

Thanks for sharing, this is just the sort of thing we need to help get things back to normal, looks very promising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

My future DiL who is a care assistant got her vaccination yesterday then did a night shift, her shoulder and arm hurt where the injection occurred, said shouldn’t  do any heavy lifting after vaccination, which in her job is difficult to avoid. 

Even with the flu jab it goes in quite deep.Anyone who uses muscles more in their job will suffer more discomfort compared to people with more soft tissue.I do a bit of weight training and my arm was sore also after my flu jab.

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

My arm was sore for about a day after mine.  It has never been sore after any flu vaccinations.  That said it wasn't sore enough for me to do anything about it and frankly sore arm for a day is a small price to pay compared to the potential alternatives of not taking the vaccination.  Having done thousands of injections in my nursing career mostly in the  upper outer quadrant of another body bit, sometimes they hurt.  I have known people, thankfully very very few, who expect an injection to be sore to shout when its given which is never good for the person giving it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Rodger your posts can be amusing at times, we love the way you can bond with Wowzz :classic_unsure:

This post of yours is sad if you think the vaccines are a joke. Based on what ? 

Maybe the ICU staff who are risking their lives , the families who have lost loved ones?

Most decent web sites including this one have now taken to removing " Antivax propaganda" and rightly so. Read through the posts on here and you will find we are supportive to each other, especially those who feel low. If you want to believe what you post ,that's fine  but to be honest ,we could do without it thank you. Take Care and stay safe :classic_smile:

+1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Why reply?

Apparently he doesn’t come back/comes back with further unwelcome material

Do what you do with irritating children - Ignore

That’s not mean.  It’s not reacting inappropriately to someone who may have any sort of trouble.  

Sorry - I’m lecturing 😕. No more from me

He posts on RC forums too and I have never seen him reply just like he is on here.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

for my security. I'll stick to Norton. My old Dominator never let me down. ........whoops logged me off again🤣

FB_IMG_1610374007725.jpg.16259b8d5f5d8bd47bb614352522bf22.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

Even with the flu jab it goes in quite deep.Anyone who uses muscles more in their job will suffer more discomfort compared to people with more soft tissue.I do a bit of weight training and my arm was sore also after my flu jab.

I don't have any problems with my flu jab, no soreness at all. So according to your theory bro, I have soft flabby arms

I agree.😄

Sis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had my first jab today with the second booked in for 24th March. Bigging up my own Trust here but the vaccination hub set up was amazing. Loads of space to socially distance and a very smooth operation from start to finish. The most impressive thing was that we set it up in 48 hours once we agreed the lease with the landlord!

Just a bit of a sore arm so far.

• Like 16

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't have any problems with my flu jab, no soreness at all. So according to your theory bro, I have soft flabby arms

I agree.😄

Sis

That's why I didn't join the diplomatic service,bro.

• Like 1

There is a case to be made for this approach - as I have said previously.  No one can be sure which is the right way to go until the results eventually come out.  Some months or years off.

I still can't decide which one I think is best - and I am obviously one of the ancient brigade, but  trying to look at it dispassionately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Castle25 said:

Maybe the UK have got it all wrong and the 'workers' should be done first 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/13/young-people-first-indonesias-covid-vaccine-strategy-questioned

Only time will tell, it is always good when someone takes a different approach to what is considered the norm as you have comparatives for future decisions. Similarly with how different countries have handled the lockdowns. Denmark did something different which seemed a good idea initially.