The Daily for Tuesday Dec 1, 2020

richwmn

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Love Red apples, especially Gala.  Will celebrate the other two.

The meal sounds so delicious.

Ginger Pear Snap Cocktail:

Ingredients

1 1/2 ounces vodka

1 ounce ginger liqueur, such as Domaine de Canton

1 ounce fresh lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon agave syrup

1/4 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger

Pinch ground cinnamon

Pinch ground cloves

Pinch grated nutmeg

Ice

Cinnamon stick, for garnish

Directions
  1. Shake all together the vodka, ginger liqueur, lemon juice, agave syrup, grated ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Prayers and toasts for our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask!

I will stick to a Whiskey Sour

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Love all 3 days, the quote, and the meal suggestion is also fantastic.  My alternative is Chilled Coconut Nutmeg Soup, Roast Striploin of Beef, and Cherry Crisp.  as served on the Prinsendam December 1, 2013. 

For those who think Covid only affects the elderly, yesterday Maryland lost a 9 year old.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Me and my brother

The nursing home on Vict0riann’s street

durangoscots, her niece, and niece’s daughter on the November 29 death of her niece’s husband.

Dismomx5's niece-nurse turning covid-positive

Mamaofami’s grandson awaiting Covid results

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister with cancer

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome to the Dailyl Sfopeter and

Occasional posters including segarsmokere trivia addict

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Cat Shepard on a getaway to the Keys

CDC meeting today to plan vaccine priorities

New insulation for Ger-77

Spring in New Zealand

Captain and crew of freighter Angeles rescuing stranded boater off Port Canaveral

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy:  What were the underlying conditions that caused the 9 year old to die of Covid.  

• Like 1

Rich:  Thanks for the meal suggestion  and fleet report.  Might we hope to see the Eurodam in Port Everglades in a few days.  It is nice to see the Nieuu Statendam heading to the Caribbeab Sea.

Thanks to all who posted and may God have mercy on the soul of the nine year old boy who died of Covid.  It is cold this morning in Naperville.   

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Himself said:

When someone that young dies of Covid there is usually another problem that makes one more vulnerable..  

Not necessarily, father.  We’ve had young people die and they were perfectly healthy before covid.  No underlying conditions.  It’s very sad.

• Like 7

🌺🌺🌺

GOOD MORNING TO ALL ON THIS FIRST DAY IN DECEMBER 🎄

🌺FIRST RICH YOUR PICTURE OF CALLIE IS ADORABLE AND I BET SHE DECIDED TO PROOF READ AND EDIT THE DAILY FOR YOU LOL! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS! 🙏I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THE PASSING OF THE CHILD WITH COVID!! 

FROM THE QUOTES TO THE DAYS AND MEAL SUGGESTIONS! I ALSO ENJOY THE COCKTAILS WHICH HALF THE TIME IS A LEARNING ADVENTURE FROM 🌺

SUMMER WHO GIVES SO MUCH TO THIS 

THREAD! 

🌺TO OUR WINE EXPERT AND MY DEAR SISTER  ANN  I DEFINITELY LEARN A LOT

ABOUT THE REIGON AND THE NOTES OF FLAVOR!!!’ (ENJOY HOBO’S CAFE ANN! SOUNDS INTRIGUING WITH KEY LIME  SAUCE!! RELAX AND HAVE FUN

🌺JOY!!😳WE MUST BE TWINS AT ❤️ HEART!! RIGHT THUMB ?? I

AM SORRY ABOUT THE BRICK!! HOPE IT GETS BETTER QUICKLY!! CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🎊🍾🎈 TO YOUR PRECIOUS NEW ADDITION!! PAISLEY AND BINDI WILL HAVE A LITTLE

COUSIN! SO HAPPY YOU DID A RESCUE!

CAN’T WAIT FOR PICTURES 👍👍👍

🌺🌺DEAR ROY GLAD YOU PUT YOURSELF ON YOUR PRAYER LIST! WE ALL NEED TO HAVE THE COMFORT OF PRAYER. ENJOYED . THANKS FOR YOUR MEAL SUGGESTION TODAT AND THE SUNRISE PICTURE.

🌺JACQUI I SO LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR CARTOONS WHICH PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE AS WELL AS THE 

MEANINGFUL INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES!

THANK YOU FOR THEM!

Denise 😊

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Spelling
  • Like 11

Good morning all!

No snow here, but it is turning colder.  Each winter we never know if we'll get snow, we could get a lot or none at all.

@Seasick Sailorhow wonderful about your new kitten!  Please post a photo or two when you can. 🙂  

@rafinmdhow sad about the young boy...this disease really can take the lives of anyone and there's sometimes no rhyme or reason who gets it, and who survives it.  😞  

DH and I are both having our physicals this week.  The clinic is doing a few things differently during Covid.  I had to make an appointment for my blood work (never had to in the past) -- all tests came back  good, but I expect my doctor will give me grief about my blood pressure...I blame it on Covid stress 😉  Another thing they're doing differently is we get a phone call from a nurse a few days in advance.  She asks us all those questions that are usually asked at the beginning of your physical.  Saves time, and I think is a good idea any time really.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone!  I have been away for a few days, lots going on. We had our DGD stay with us over for 5 days and made two Thanksgiving dinners, one for us on Thanksgiving Day and another one on Sunday evening for our DD, her boyfriend, and DGS. We didn’t include our DS because he is waiting on a Covid test after being exposed last Wednesday by a friend when they went golfing. His test is scheduled for today. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich. Love the picture of Callie. I am very lucky to have a dog who loves to sleep in with me and doesn’t wake up until I do. 

Thank you for your list Roy. I need to go back and read the Daily to catch up with what has been going on. I love your sunrise pictures and meal suggestions. 

The turkey meal suggestion sounds good but we are turkey-ed out. I am going to make a large batch of Bolongese sauce today for DH. He is going to visit his sister and brother on Thursday and wants to take it with him to share with them. So we will probably have that for dinner tonight. 

Prayers for the family of the 9 year old who died of Covid. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 9

@Seasick Sailor Great news about your new kitty!  Pictures please!

@DeeniEncinitas How is your thumb healing?  I hope really fast!

@cat shepard Thank you for thinking of me on Sunday in your post. 

And here is a picture of the brownies DGD decorated over the weekend. We had so much fun making them.  As you can see two were eaten before I remembered to take a picture. 

A6EF70CE-DA3D-40E2-9B56-C9B50D97A8F6.jpeg

• Like 18

Good morning all! I love Eat a Red Apple Day, and will take that advice. The quote is true, and the menu sounds good. I miss travel, so this morning I’m writing a menu based on what’s in the freezer, handing it to David, and letting him select what I cook. It’s slightly surprising that the ginger pear snap cocktail contains no pear. With all the ginger, it must be a good drink for a cold day.

Like Sharon, I send prayers for those mourning the 9 year old taken by Covid. 
Well, we’ve made it as far as December. And for no particular reason, Happy Tuesday!

F0EDAEEA-26E9-4A56-8601-B70E6B4F6984.jpeg

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

We didn’t include our DS because he is waiting on a Covid test after being exposed last Wednesday by a friend when they went golfing. His test is scheduled for today. 

Oh dear 😢. I hope your DS is ok and tests negative.  Wise to keep him away though especially with exposure.

• Like 6

Good morning, everyone. Bright and sunny here today.... but chilly. The dogs and I did our first walk of the day with temps at 18 degrees F but, no wind which was nice. It was a fairly brisk walk although my scottie loves to spend time taking in all the smells.  Even with chilly weather I long for the chilled soups.... and I love coconut in any form.

Tragic about the 9 year old boy. I think Christmas is going to be pretty bleak for a lot of families.

Usually I am starting to prepare for either a trip over Christmas, or a cruise just after.... this year I am working on projects including some family history research..... and sorting pictures .... and tossing out junk. I have plenty to keep me busy but the house goes from being clean and straightened up.... to filled with boxes and junk.... and then back again. Since it is just me and the dogs as long as I can live with it... it is fine.

Take care, wear your masks, and try to limit your socializing in person. Hard to do.... but this will end.

Susan

• Like 14

Good morning, my Daily friends, on December 1st, who'da thunk it!  The newspaper today said the feeling is that things won't go back to "normal" until 2022.  Roll on, 2022!  Maybe we could just skip 2021 altogether.  At least we now have a cruise booked for 2022, with the possibility that it may sail.  I have no hope for our April 2021 cruise, and just a smidgeon of hope for July and August.  

Now that we are into Advent, I suppose some sort of Christmas prep is required.  My neighbour told me yesterday she had already made 7 dozen cookies and was planning to make more.  Eek!

At least we have this thread and good camaraderie to keep us going during these difficult times.  The fleet report, Roy's lists, and cartoons and witticisms make my day!

• Like 14

I'm going to float a trial balloon here.  How would people feel about a "Dailyite" Meet and Greet.  We cannot do it in person, but it would have to be something like Zoom.  I'm thinking Boxing Day might be a reasonable time to do it, and it would need to stay open for a while to accommodate multiple time zones.  Any thoughts?

Roy

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm going to float a trial balloon here.  How would people feel about a "Dailyite" Meet and Greet.  We cannot do it in person, but it would have to be something like Zoom.  I'm thinking Boxing Day might be a reasonable time to do it, and it would need to stay open for a while to accommodate multiple time zones.  Any thoughts?

Roy

Sounds like a lot of fun!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

The newspaper today said the feeling is that things won't go back to "normal" until 2022.  Roll on, 2022!  

I am going to put a little cheer your way, Ann.  The news I watched (both CBC & CNN) had reports from epidemiologists who felt that things may well be back to normal by Fall next year if not earlier with the vaccine.  (That’s assuming it gets distributed and taken as predicted.)

Fingers crossed  🤞 

• Like 10

@rafinmd and other Prinsendam aficionados, I was working our cruise spread sheet for the Volendam to see what ships will be in port with us and low and behold, the Amera will be the only ship joining us in Cadiz and Tangier.

I’m kind of excited to see the Prinsendam one more time. 🙂  Wish there was a way to be able to board and see the changes up close and person.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I love the idea - nice way to get together with our new friends!!

Laura

• Like 4

Some pics from the upper Keys. It is a gorgeous, but wiiiiiiinnnnndddy day here.

A view of Buttonwood Sound through the trees of our hotel. 
Some resident pelicans of the Laura Quinn Wild Bird Sanctuary.

A pic of the Sound from the Bird Sanctuary shoreline.

A Monroe County manatee complying with the mask ordinance.

A jungle geranium blossom.

A view of the yacht channel from Lower Matecumbe Key.

D46F93B1-066C-4721-9F8D-CCB5B7B75178.jpeg

7B6CC696-1639-47C4-B7A7-6BF9FDFF7D3A.jpeg

A3F34114-A2EB-466E-A14F-16EE24749832.jpeg

217734F8-FA67-4CCB-8249-563AB60A2506.jpeg

4C3E2080-5CDA-463B-8652-C4158BD64F30.jpeg

DF732B8D-CC59-41F0-97D2-9EDB75A86E76.jpeg

• Like 19

Our Saint Paul condo has been sold! It closed yesterday but the cash did not show up in the bank until late in the day. I did not want to jinx things by posting before we had the $$. That is a large burden finally off our shoulders!

We were supposed to be in Grand Turk yesterday and Half Moon Cay today. We have been to both several times. I actually kinda like Grand Turk, the port is a bit "artificial" but the beach at the end of the pier is decent. It makes for an easy lay-in-the-sun/shade cheap (pretty much free) shore excursion. I view Half Moon in about the same way except we usually rent a clamshell.

DSC_0934.thumb.JPG.69674e711b365c84c99a49beac9829ac.JPG

1805966562_DSC_0122(2).thumb.JPG.5e205d5195006c970a6e62aa84b679d2.JPG

DSC_0597.thumb.JPG.00ca008a9870e3cdada5e00068f3064f.JPG

• Like 14