Spirit cruises in 2022 being canceled

Notsew

5 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Weve been on Spirit a few times, but this last time few years ago, cured us.

Haven't shared this story before, but its easy to remember cuz we were On Spirit....

Middle of the night, asleep in our cabin, I wake up hearing a rustling coming from our closet.

At first I thought, is that an animal? a rat in our closet? Whats that sound?

Mind you we were in calm waters, could barely feel any ship movement.

I'm sitting up in bed looking towards the closet.... when the closet door slides open... SLAM!!!!

It slid OPEN, with a loud SLAM!    *****?

Needless to say, it scared the crap out of me!  No idea what happened, it was NOT ship

rolling or anything like that. 

I tried the next day to see IF it would open easy??

No, it did not roll open easy.  It would catch, had to be pushed.

We  slept with a light on for the rest of the trip.

Haven't been on Spirit since. 

I'm not a frady cat, but that cured me from going on that ship again.

Why do you think the name.   The Halloween cruise is the best.  They all wander the night then.  

9 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Weve been on Spirit a few times, but this last time few years ago, cured us.

Haven't shared this story before, but its easy to remember cuz we were On Spirit....

Middle of the night, asleep in our cabin, I wake up hearing a rustling coming from our closet.

At first I thought, is that an animal? a rat in our closet? Whats that sound?

Mind you we were in calm waters, could barely feel any ship movement.

I'm sitting up in bed looking towards the closet.... when the closet door slides open... SLAM!!!!

It slid OPEN, with a loud SLAM!    *****?

Needless to say, it scared the crap out of me!  No idea what happened, it was NOT ship

rolling or anything like that. 

I tried the next day to see IF it would open easy??

No, it did not roll open easy.  It would catch, had to be pushed.

We  slept with a light on for the rest of the trip.

Haven't been on Spirit since. 

I'm not a frady cat, but that cured me from going on that ship again.

Ghosts GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So looking back at the core of this thread, another Spirit cruise seems to have vanished.  If you do a cruise search for the Spirit September 5, 2021 cruise, nothing comes up.  In my reservation it now says "DEFAULT ITINERARY NAME."  The follow-on cruise from Venice September 14th is still there.

image.png.4167f1ea708be6600bd45daad0dbdc5f.png

I'm hoping it is a website glitch, but...

We were booked for NZ in January 2021, which obviously has been cancelled. Have been keeping my eyes out to see when Australia/NZ cruises would be back up. Saw the whole line up on the Spirit and was intrigued by the idea of a B2B around NZ and then from Sydney up to Bali. I have way too many credits and cancellations to keep track of at the moment, but once cruises start going, I'm going on a booking spree.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

After the entire 2022 summer Asia season was cancelled, the new itineraries of SPIRIT have just been published recently.

Apr: Australia & South Pacific

May: South Pacific & Hawaii

Jun: Hawaii & Alaska

Jul: Alaska

Aug: Alaska

Sep: Alaska & drydock

Oct: Hawaii & South Pacific

Nov: Hawaii & South Pacific

Dec: Hawaii & South Pacific & Australia

In other words, there will be 5 ships in Alaska for summer 2022 (Encore, Bliss, Jewel, Sun, Spirit).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

After the entire 2022 summer Asia season was cancelled, the new itineraries of SPIRIT have just been published recently.

Apr: Australia & South Pacific

May: South Pacific & Hawaii

Jun: Hawaii & Alaska

Jul: Alaska

Aug: Alaska

Sep: Alaska & drydock

Oct: Hawaii & South Pacific

Nov: Hawaii & South Pacific

Dec: Hawaii & South Pacific & Australia

In other words, there will be 5 ships in Alaska for summer 2022 (Encore, Bliss, Jewel, Sun, Spirit).

Is there a specific reason for Spirit to go into drydock in Sept 2022? She underwent an extensive refurbishment only a year ago.

Thanks @Cruise Wonderlandfor letting us know about the new Spirit itineraries!

8 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Is there a specific reason for Spirit to go into drydock in Sept 2022? She underwent an extensive refurbishment only a year ago.

Thanks @Cruise Wonderlandfor letting us know about the new Spirit itineraries!

I have no idea, but this is the current information that I have received. There will be no itineraries in late September 2022. Spirit is scheduled to enter drydock (or just wetdock?) in Portland, Oregon, US. Not sure if this plan will change again later.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, HuliHuli said:

sorry about my English mistakes, but it is not my first language

Er is niets om je voor te verontschuldigen. 
BTW, Nederlands is niet mijn eersta taal.

Well, English is my first language although, since I've visited Netherlands and have ancestral relatives there, I commend you on your knowledge of the language. I offer no and would expect no apology. 

Cheers

Just booked the Oct 31st round trip Tahiti cruise. Always wanted to sail in French Polynesia, amazing itinerary with  the overnights in Bora Bora and Mo'orea.  Watched a video showing the refurbished Spirit and it looks absolutely fantastic!  Excited that every cabin was completely redone, wish I could an actual photo of what a balcony cabin looks like now.  

On 2/2/2021 at 10:52 PM, Phamer55 said:

Just booked the Oct 31st round trip Tahiti cruise. Always wanted to sail in French Polynesia, amazing itinerary with  the overnights in Bora Bora and Mo'orea.  Watched a video showing the refurbished Spirit and it looks absolutely fantastic!  Excited that every cabin was completely redone, wish I could an actual photo of what a balcony cabin looks like now.  

You are in luck ....

On 2/2/2021 at 9:52 PM, Phamer55 said:

I stumbled across this cruise today. I was super excited until I realized taxes and fees are double to what the Hawaii + French Polynesian cruise is. Didn't make sense to me but I'm still booking it.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:14 PM, Notsew said:

Just received a notice from ncl that they are canceling the December 2022 cruise to Australia we had booked. 

They are canceling all spirit cruises from April to December of 2022.  

Just so no one is misled by this post, the second paragraph of this post is incorrect information.

We just booked a Nov 2022 cruise a couple of days ago direct with NCL.  

NOT all cruises have been cancelled for this ship during that timeframe.

33 minutes ago, COREYATMN said:

Just so no one is misled by this post, the second paragraph of this post is incorrect information.

I was on the Spirit itinerary that was sailing Dec 6, 2022 from Singapore to Sydney that was canceled. 

I have been waiting to see what would be replacing the time frame since my original booking was a B2B sailing with the Sydney-Auckland sailing.

Today I was able to book the newly available sailings Nov 26, 2022 Honolulu-Papeete and Dec 8, 2022 Papeete- Sydney to come before my Dec 22, 2022 Sydney-Auckland cruise.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, COREYATMN said:

At the time of the original posting it was correct. At the end of January ncl announced new sailing that filled the gaps left by the earlier cancelations. We are now booked for the Tahiti to Sydney trip that replaced our canceled trip.  We are doing this as a btb with the Sydney to Auckland.  Can't wait!!! The refurbished spirit looks fantastic. 

• Like 1

Hmmm.  I was just about to book Tahiti to Hawaii in November 2022. This would have been a rebook of a cancellation of a cancellation.  We originally had Tahiti to Hawaii April of 2020, then rebooked same cruise for April of 2021.  I figured November of 2022 was pretty safe.  I was not happy about the ship getting downgraded  from Jewel to Spirit even though Spirit had a full reno in 2020 and two days cut off the cruise. At this point, NCL has refused (after letters to every C-Level executive) to refund my original cruise payment.  As it stands now, we will  be taking a NCL cruise somewhere at some time - assuming they are still in business after 2022.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:52 PM, Phamer55 said:

Me too! I am going solo on this amazing trip. I have never travelled alone but I am very excited to try something new

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Good one Farmersfight! 😆

I knew folks would have fun with our "Spirit" experience.

But let me tell ya, if it ever happens again on a different ship?

We won't sail on that one either. 🙈

Then skip the Dawn, at least deck nine.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, HuliHuli said:

So looking back at the core of this thread, another Spirit cruise seems to have vanished.  If you do a cruise search for the Spirit September 5, 2021 cruise, nothing comes up.  In my reservation it now says "DEFAULT ITINERARY NAME."  The follow-on cruise from Venice September 14th is still there.

image.png.4167f1ea708be6600bd45daad0dbdc5f.png

I'm hoping it is a website glitch, but...

Wondering if you find out what happens to your cruise?  My cruise on Encore on Oct 2021 also appear as "DEFAULTY ITINERARY NAME".  

Thanks