Celebrity Summit Aqua Class Cabin Aft 1131

tjm0701

There is a link to a spreadsheet at the top of the page and reading the reviews of 1128 and 1132 from Summit and Millie they get noise from Movies above and Oceanview below. There is a public staircase which goes from Movies to Oceanview and this means people can view your balconies.

Suggest you view the information

Liz

17 hours ago, tjm0701 said:

Has anyone had any experience with Cabin 1131 on the Summit. Any issues with noise, sight lines etc. Tx.

Tom

You should be just fine with regard to noise/sight lines.  You will hear noise when sitting out on your balcony at night if and when they are showing a movie, but other than that, you will hear nothing while inside your stateroom.  Your stateroom is the third in, so no one using the public stairwell will be able to see into your balcony.  If you were in 1139 or 1136, you will hear the door slamming shut from people using the public stairwell on either side.  🍷

I haven't stayed in that cabin, but have stayed several times in cabins near there.  As to noise from the movies, our experience has been that when they are playing a movie if you sit on the balcony you can hear it.  However, on our cruises, it has always been more of background noise and has never disturbed us. We don't recall ever being bothered by noise from Oceanview, but we have not stayed in that exact cabin location.  We love the AQ rooms on 11 - great access to the stairs/elevator, easy access to the buffet and the aft bar.  Our only issue has been that on itineraries in very hot areas the cabin can get a little warmer than we'd like.  But overall, we always pick AQ cabins on Deck 11 over others if they are available.

The only problem I ever had with aft cabins was noise from the movie on 12.  Never a problem in the cabin (1140), but on the deck it was loud enough to interfere with my listening, even over headphones. It was especially bad when an action/adventure movie was showing - lots of noise, explosions, sound effects.  This was pre-Solticizing, however.

It is a great cabin with extra deep balcony overlooking the bar below. We have Cabin 1138 booked for both of our Infinity cruises next year.  With everyone having the drinks package now you can walk down the stairs at the end of the aft hallway to the bar, get a drink and bring it back to enjoy on your balcony. The 5 aft cabins on deck 11 are usually the first to be booked on every cruise because of their prime location and oversized balcony.

We were in 1140 Oct 2019 and I couldn't read my book in peace one afternoon when a movie was playing.  It was soooo loud.  Usually nothing bothers me when I get into a book.  I went up to check it out and there was nary a soul up there.

2 hours ago, ijscheer said:

The only problem I ever had with aft cabins was noise from the movie on 12.  Never a problem in the cabin (1140), but on the deck it was loud enough to interfere with my listening, even over headphones. It was especially bad when an action/adventure movie was showing - lots of noise, explosions, sound effects.  This was pre-Solticizing, however.

We had the same experience on the Summit after the update.  We were in 1141 and the movies playing  during the day were Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born  and they were played every afternoon between  1 - 6 ish.  

We just booked 1140  Canada cruise September 2022 and I’m assuming with it being cooler weather going up to Canada maybe they won’t be showing movies but not sure?? We had the same room  booked for this year so I was glad to be able to book and do a redo in 2022!! Love the idea of walking down a flight of stairs to go to the bar and back up to our deck!!!

47 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We just booked 1140  Canada cruise September 2022 and I’m assuming with it being cooler weather going up to Canada maybe they won’t be showing movies but not sure?? We had the same room  booked for this year so I was glad to be able to book and do a redo in 2022!! Love the idea of walking down a flight of stairs to go to the bar and back up to our deck!!!

The average September temperature in Quebec City is 68℉/50℉ (high/low). For Halifax, it's 66℉/52℉. Of course, those are averages and you could face higher or lower temperatures any given year. Definitely sweater temperatures in the evening, but probably not cool enough to cancel movies.

Remember running the movie allows them to put the line item in the Entertainment section of the daily.  They probably don't care if anyone goes.   I've seen the movie blasting with nobody there.  We have found that we like the deck 11 rooms near the rear elevators as well.   I'd stay a few rooms away from any of the 4 doors going to the outside decks.  These doors are very heavy and slam constantly.

Thanks everyone for your input. Just booked the Summit for 5 nights on March 14, 2022 in room 1131. 

PS-we were originally on the Infinity on March 28, 2022, but it was cancelled. I have heard rumors that it might be sold to Pulmantur, as part of the latter's  Reorganization.