If a vaccine is mandated in order to cruise will you get one?

molly361

If a vaccine is mandated in order for you to cruise will you get one?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. If a vaccine is mandated in order for you to cruise will you get one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Yes I will if I can get the one I want by going privately to get it. I am in the final UK grouping. I might have the Astra pushed on me when I would much rather have the more effective Pfizer or Moderna which is 25 to 33% more effective and that is a big number difference. Vaccine is free on NHS in UK but perhaps if I go privately into the profit sector maybe I can choose the vaccine I want?

Like the others, I'll get it but not because of cruising.  Cruising is a just side benefit.  I think the poll is showing that the fears that there will be widespread resistance to getting the vaccine are unfounded.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, but I'm in no rush. I'm low on the totem pole anyway and once it's my turn, I'll probably wait until the rush is over and to make sure there are no weird side effects, like people start glowing or growing a third eye in the back of their heads.

What if you already have a third eye and a slightly translucent glow to your skin already?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I wonder if those that are unhealthy by choice, will try to change their lifestyle habits if they get the vaccine?

Not likely.  People who make bad lifestyle choices and change because of a medical diagnosis are in the minority, I think.  Perhaps one of our brilliant local physicians could chime in on that.  My experience may not indicative.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

While I doubt that any cruise line will impose a "no vaccine/no sail" mandate on its guests, I thoroughly expect they will all mandate vaccination as a condition of employment

They may have no choice. If countries require it for entry then the decision is out of their hands. I think a lot of people would resist wearing masks for life especially if cruising is only the holiday to require it. And masks requirements could cause a lot of trouble onboard. With the vaccine you either have it or don't and if you don't then you don't cruise no trouble caused.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Like the others, I'll get it but not because of cruising.  Cruising is a just side benefit.  I think the poll is showing that the fears that there will be widespread resistance to getting the vaccine are unfounded.

I agree. 

There looks to be a 180 on such.

Noticing the widespread appeals by industries and CEO's for "going to the front of the vaccination line passes" because they are essential and at risk.  

The best hypocrisy today is the airline CEO's who, for months, have lavished self praise on "how safe it is to fly."  Now, "we need it to protect our pilots, crew and land based staff."  LOL.

Even the CEO of Uber is vying for an airlin'esk "upgrade."

My take, those "most at risk of dying," based on the data on the deaths to date, get the vaccine in that prioritized order.

Just IMO.

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think the poll is showing that the fears that there will be widespread resistance to getting the vaccine are unfounded

You asked the question on a cruising forum a pastime for which a vaccine will likely be required at first and the later on understood that you have had. Ask the same question on a nightclubbing forum or the forum of your American football team or baseball team and see if you get the same result. You probably won't. I know people here in UK who will QUIT working in nursing and be unemployable rather than get the vaccine and they have been on the front lines oh and have not been clubbing in 9 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

I agree. 

There looks to be a 180 on such.

Noticing the widespread appeals by industries and CEO's for "going to the front of the vaccination line passes" because they are essential and at risk.  

The best hypocrisy today is the airline CEO's who, for months, have lavished self praise on "how safe it is to fly."  Now, "we need it to protect our pilots, crew and land based staff."  LOL.

Even the CEO of Uber is vying for an airlin'esk "upgrade."

My take, those "most at risk of dying," based on the data on the deaths to date, get the vaccine in that prioritized order.

Just IMO.

In China they are asking grown up airline staff to wear diapers are Americans call them rather than use the toilet. And they will get those upgrades. Money talks, always has and always will.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You asked the question on a cruising forum a pastime for which a vaccine will likely be required at first and the later on understood that you have had. Ask the same question on a nightclubbing forum or the forum of your American football team or baseball team and see if you get the same result. You probably won't. I know people here in UK who will QUIT working in nursing and be unemployable rather than get the vaccine and they have been on the front lines oh and have not been clubbing in 9 months.

The forums of my favorite sports teams don't' discuss vaccines.

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This seems to be true on cruise critic because we all love cruising, this does not make it so in the wider world and cruise critic is a very small proportion of cruisers.

The question also does not take masks, social distancing and cruiseline only tours into account or any other rules necessary to make cruising safe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

In China they are asking grown up airline staff to wear diapers are Americans call them rather than use the toilet. And they will get those upgrades. Money talks, always has and always will.

What China requires it's adults to do will have no bearing on the American population.

I'm getting the vaccine as soon as it is available to me, without regard to whether it's required for cruising, but I hope to God it is required of all passengers and crew (I'm sure it will be for crew).  A cruise ship is just about the ideal place for a virus to spread.  There's this tool called a vaccine that protects against the spread of a particularly contagious and deadly virus.  Should we use that tool?  Yes, we should.

I am booked on a cruise in early August.  If my fellow passengers and I are vaccinated, we'll have a great time without stress.  If my fellow passengers aren't vaccinated, I'll be canceling and rebooking, because the experience of stressing about social distancing and mask wearing is not what I'm looking for in a vacation.  

We are used to the view of the world from sea level, but let's take the 30,000 foot view for a moment.  THE REASON WE LIVE IN THE MODERN WORLD WE DO, WHERE WE CAN GO ON CRUISE SHIPS WELL INTO OUR OLD AGE WITHOUT FEAR OF DYING OF DISEASE, IS BECAUSE OF VACCINES.  THEY ARE ONE OF THE CORNERSTONES OF THE MODERN WORLD.  Influenza, smallpox, polio, HPV, and so many other diseases used to kill people by the millions every year.  This is no longer the case, and it is entirely because of vaccines.  You like cruising?  Give thanks for vaccines.  You don't like vaccines?  Give thanks for them anyway, because you benefit from them.

Covid-19 and its descendants will be on the list of diseases to be vaccinated for in the decades to come.  Get used to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nomad098 said:

The question also does not take masks, social distancing and cruiseline only tours into account or any other rules necessary to make cruising safe.

Once there has been widespread vaccination these things will no longer be necessary.  

4 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

This seems to be true on cruise critic because we all love cruising, this does not make it so in the wider world and cruise critic is a very small proportion of cruisers.

And if my uncle was a woman he'd be my aunt.  Go ahead and do survey of Millwall football hooligans  posting on Internet forums and get back to us with the results.  I'm sure that will be instructive.

26 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

...  I think the poll is showing that the fears that there will be widespread resistance to getting the vaccine are unfounded. ...

As I think others (maybe you) have said ITT, this is a self-selecting group of people.  We want to cruise, and most of us understand how crucial vaccine uptake will be to making that happen safely.  Go to the Crown & Anchor FB page and you will see some of the craziest stuff you can imagine (the vaccine is actually a chip implanted by the gub'ment to control your mind, e.g.).

2 minutes ago, BeachyBrowns said:

As I think others (maybe you) have said ITT, this is a self-selecting group of people.  We want to cruise, and most of us understand how crucial vaccine uptake will be to making that happen safely.  Go to the Crown & Anchor FB page and you will see some of the craziest stuff you can imagine (the vaccine is actually a chip implanted by the gub'ment to control your mind, e.g.).

There is a reason I don't have a FB account. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

And if my uncle was a woman he'd be my aunt.  Go ahead and do survey of Millwall football hooligans  posting on Internet forums and get back to us with the results.  I'm sure that will be instructive.

No idea what this means  🤔 Are you taking the same meds as your esteemed leader 🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

What China requires it's adults to do will have no bearing on the American population.

Yeah but it is a bit much isn't it. The latest thing here in UK now is opening the window up to let the fresh air and what they don't say is that will let the heat out of the house in wintertime. It is not that cold yet but it could be.

26 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Ask the same question on a nightclubbing forum

I think they require a different type of vaccine.....and PPE takes on a whole different meaning.  Testing is petty cut and dry however.

😁

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Different in the real world.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/poll-finds-majority-of-canadians-open-to-getting-covid-19-vaccine-but-many-want-to-wait-1.5824067

I don't do political commentary on a cruise forum.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's my worry, and everyone wanting to be first. Me too lol. I'm hoping they take seniors before they start with folks who think their job makes them special. Idk who is more important though, those actually on the front line like grocery store clerks or seniors at higher risk who have to interact with those clerks. 

I can see issues and arguments in the future when there arent enough doses to go around as fast as people want. The date for getting enough doses keeps being pushed back. 

I'm a senior but honestly don't have an issue front line workers getting the vaccine before me.  I know there are exceptions, but I think most high risk people can either have groceries delivered, pick them up w/o going inside, or have someone shop for them.  I'm not sure what the final plan will be - I would hope we will know soon.

13 minutes ago, BeachyBrowns said:

Ok that is crazy but some of these conspiracy theories might not be. DNA is taken at point of arrest in UK. They have last week solved a double murder from 1987 . They have a full dna profile of the killer and appealed on crimewatch twice (our version of americas most wanted or unsolved mysteries) . So how did they identify him after 33 years? Two ways I can see. Either a family member was arrested maybe at anti lockdown protests or dna match was made from covid testing kit. And one of the big theories is they are trying to create a national dna database or seriously enhance the one they currently have with this and the testing.

4 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

Sorry but I don't take anything that CBC produces with any degree credulity.

That being said only 16% said no.  That number will decrease as the corporate world make life more difficult for the unvaccinated. There will be apprehension but the more that get it the more those resistant will come over.

6 minutes ago, mek said:

I'm a senior but honestly don't have an issue front line workers getting the vaccine before me.  I know there are exceptions, but I think most high risk people can either have groceries delivered, pick them up w/o going inside, or have someone shop for them.  I'm not sure what the final plan will be - I would hope we will know soon.

Depends on your definition of front line workers. Here a front line worker is my neighbor who is a liquor distributor or someone selling guns. 

My parents are 102 and 94 as I've posted before and it would probably be a death sentence if they got it. I have a slow sister who thinks her life isnt worth living if her nails dont get done and she and her husband go to church. Hes 82, though she is younger 67 but both of them have underlying conditions, he has diabetes and she has epilepsy and my mom has copd and dad has a pacemaker and other issues.

So if it's someone working what to me is a non essential job, I do have mixed feelings who gets the vaccine first. Uber is asking to put their employees as front line, to me I could do without uber. 

Only older folks at nursing homes get it early, my parents hire help and maintain their own home and will never live in a home. My dad is set against the idea. 

I think the line isnt as clear and easily drawn and already seeing companies who want their employees earlier than seniors like my family. You may not care, but you arent 102 like my dad.

• Like 1