Bye Bye Majesty and Empress (It's official)

7 minutes ago, Tatka said:

This is sad.. we had cruise cancelled this past summer which had PERFECT Bermuda itinerary with 3 overnights in St George's and Hamilton.

However I expected this. Ship was deployed for Cuba...

It is sad.   Yes, that is a perfect Bermuda itinerary.    I am not a fan of the 5 night Bermuda cruises, but I have 2 booked for next summer as a b2b.   I like when we dock right in Hamilton and/or St. George.    Not sure they will have any other ship they can fit in Hamilton  

ok.. so I had a cruise booked on Majesty for Feb 2022, and I see the 2 choices.. what should I do .. take the credit , ??.. or get the refund.. , and I just got an awesome deal on the booze package .. so will that shift over to the new cruise if I decide to go or will it be refunded?.. 

according our TA the majesty out of NO on October 23 2021 will be replaced by another ship she did not have any details yet

( this was the sailing with Key West and CocoCay and Grand Bahama  )

will it be replaced or will they just give us another ship and itinerary ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotwheels920 said:

I had Vision booked for a Med Cruise next summer - corner aft suite.  

So, my cruise bucket list isn't getting any smaller.  lol

We did a B2B on Vision a few years ago, 11 day Norwegian Fjords and 11 day Baltics. We really liked the ship.

Our TA is really on the ball. He called this morning and is going to look for an alternative.

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

ok.. so I had a cruise booked on Majesty for Feb 2022, and I see the 2 choices.. what should I do .. take the credit , ??.. or get the refund.. , and I just got an awesome deal on the booze package .. so will that shift over to the new cruise if I decide to go or will it be refunded?.. 

Cruise planner purchases do not shift to any other sailings

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is sad.   Yes, that is a perfect Bermuda itinerary.    I am not a fan of the 5 night Bermuda cruises, but I have 2 booked for next summer as a b2b.   I like when we dock right in Hamilton and/or St. George.    Not sure they will have any other ship they can fit in Hamilton  

Only smaller Holland America ships Maasdam, Veendam etc, but think they are being sold too.

We usually do 7 dayers to Bermuda and for this purpose sailed there with Celebrity (Summit) and NCL . However they only dock at West end.

1 hour ago, fvandewouwer said:

according our TA the majesty out of NO on October 23 2021 will be replaced by another ship she did not have any details yet

( this was the sailing with Key West and CocoCay and Grand Bahama  )

will it be replaced or will they just give us another ship and itinerary ?

Grandeur of the Seas has currently been booked out of New Orleans from May of 2021. She is currently only booked from May to October 2021 for most weeks at Key West. There would be a lot of uncertainty around that but the bookings were just recently made. 

3 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I guess Grandeur (or Vision Class) can only reach Quebec, but not Montreal.

Voyager Class has sailed to Quebec City. No other Royal Caribbean ship can reach Montreal as the Jacques Cartier Bridge is only about 160ft span height.... even Vision Class cannot fit under.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So what is Royal's smallest now?

In order:

• Grandeur 74,000 GT.... she's 99.98% a goner
  • Vision Rhapsody 78,000'ish GT .... they are on life support.
  • Enchantment 83,000 GT ... specialized ports likely limited somewhat due to length

edit: I just edited my odds for Grandeur's demise from 99.99% to 99.98% after MadFlyer's post 😉 

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Only smaller Holland America ships Maasdam, Veendam etc, but think they are being sold too.

We usually do 7 dayers to Bermuda and for this purpose sailed there with Celebrity (Summit) and NCL . However they only dock at West end.

Yes, I did sail twice on the Hal's Veendam to Bermuda and docked for 3 nights in Hamilton.    I think HAL has already sold the Veendam (not positive).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

So sad as I was looking forward to docking in the smaller Bermuda ports again.

Does anyone know if we will be able to get a refund for our non-refundable deposits? 

Agree about going to Bermuda.  Had hoped to go this summer. 

When our Jewel cruises were canceled when they moved her to Copenhagen we got refunds on all our deposits. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

🎵 Twenty four bottles of beer on the wall, twenty four bottles of beer...🎵

565122410_ScreenShot2020-12-16at8_57_33AM.thumb.jpg.fc6dc89c6e461d8b2c83d054957682f7.jpg

25 Bottles of Beer?  Where is Granduer?  Someone mentioned later that she was booked for May through October 2021?

Edited by Plum Happy

Just now, Plum Happy said:

25 Bottles of Beer?  Where is Granduer?  Someone mentioned later that she was booked for May through October 2021?

I believe she has been spotted on port schedules but not being offered at the moment.  Port schedules are interesting but never a sure thing.

• Like 1

Odyssey & Wonder will be joining the fleet soon. RCL adds another Oasis-class supposedly in 2023. Then there's the 3 projected Icon-class ships(2022, 2024 & 2025). It's not like RCL doesn't have enough replacements planned. Just a matter if the pandemic will also delay all these new builds.

Is this effective immediately?

We have an Aug 2021 cruise booked on the Empress thru an online TA.

As I asked, is the Empress going to fulfill it's booked schedule or is she out as of now? On the RCCL web site, it still lists my sailing.

I haven't been notified of anything as of yet either by RCCL or our TA. Funny but this cruise was a cancelled cruise from last year on the Empress. How it was paid for, I really don't remember, so what would I get as a refund?

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

I went on a cruise with my parents and two of my siblings on the Greek Line a million years ago, but my first family cruise with my husband and sons was on the Empress to Bermuda. We docked at all 3 Bermuda ports. Was very special both for the beauty of the specific ports and Bermuda overall, but also as the beginning of a family cruising experience over the next 15 years or so. 

To the Empress. 🍹