Carnival takes delivery of Mardi Gras

ProgRockCruiser

On 12/18/2020 at 8:44 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

I can't believe no-one else has posted this yet.

"MIAMI, Dec. 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Cruise Line today took delivery of its highly anticipated new ship, Mardi Gras, in a live virtual signing ceremony at the Meyer Turku Shipyard in Turku, Finland."

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-takes-delivery-mardi-gras

One step closer!

Wow, what a beautiful ship 😀

On 12/18/2020 at 5:31 PM, Tjcalley said:

We booked the Mardi Gras a year and a half ago for May 2021! We didn’t think we would be one of the first sailings on her (if we sail). We are excited to see the new ship! 

Sadly, you're not! That ship ain't moving anytime soon.

So, in the new batch of pictures released last week, I see one of the "Bar Della Rosa". I've attached the image below.

I've searched and can't find any mention of this bar anywhere else: on the forum, on Google, or on the deck plans! I'm wondering if it is the little bar-shaped counter near the Pizzeria? Although that seems to be the wrong shape/rotation.

Bar-Della-Rosa.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geneparmesan said:

So, in the new batch of pictures released last week, I see one of the "Bar Della Rosa". I've attached the image below.

I've searched and can't find any mention of this bar anywhere else: on the forum, on Google, or on the deck plans! I'm wondering if it is the little bar-shaped counter near the Pizzeria? Although that seems to be the wrong shape/rotation.

Bar-Della-Rosa.jpg

If you look on the Carnival website at the deck plans, choose deck 8 and look at the area called "La Piazza"... Click on 360 degree view, and rotate the view until you see this bar. There is no Bar Della Rosa sign in the picture, but the bar, tile, and ceiling all appear the same... 

Something I found related to this area:

La Piazza: In this Italy-inspired zone passengers can grab a bite at another Carnival favorite, Cucina del Capitano, as well as an all-new Mediterranean seafood restaurant. There also will be a bar selling specialty coffee (including cappuccinos) during the day and cocktails at night, while roaming musicians will provide entertainment.

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, sid_9169 said:

If you look on the Carnival website at the deck plans, choose deck 8 and look at the area called "La Piazza"... Click on 360 degree view, and rotate the view until you see this bar. There is no Bar Della Rosa sign in the picture, but the bar, tile, and ceiling all appear the same... 

Something I found related to this area:

La Piazza: In this Italy-inspired zone passengers can grab a bite at another Carnival favorite, Cucina del Capitano, as well as an all-new Mediterranean seafood restaurant. There also will be a bar selling specialty coffee (including cappuccinos) during the day and cocktails at night, while roaming musicians will provide entertainment.

Good find! I hadn't seen the 360 views yet.