Next "sale" Starts Dec 31st...

ceilidh1

Not sure how much of a sale it will be, but this is coming in the next few days...

Norwegian's New Year's Sale
December 31 - January 4

Receive 30% off cruise fare, PLUS:

• Take All 5 FREE Offers, including FREE Open Bar, FREE Specialty Dining, FREE Excursions, FREE Wifi, and Kids Sail FREE
  • $200 Onboard Credit
  • Second Guest Flies FREE
  • 2-For-1 Deposits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All 5 promos isn't a deal for us.  I'm good with choice of two.    Added OBC is a little interesting but I'm quite sure I'll just be sticking with the pre-paid daily service charges we got earlier this year. 

If you have booked under the current sale, you should re-check pricing to see if the added OBC is worth it to you.     Since it is still saying '30%  off' you have to hope pricing won't go up from current....but it could🤨

• Like 2

Agreed - the "sales" really have been far from that...I have only one booking remaining (it's for April so pretty sure it will end up getting cancelled) and I booked it a long time ago during the pre-paid gratuities offer. I got all 5 perks plus grats and my price is still way less than any of the "sales" that have come out since...

I wonder how good a "deal" the second guest flies free is? Anyone know? I've never done NCL air.

19 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I wonder how good a "deal" the second guest flies free is? Anyone know? I've never done NCL air.

I've always avoided NCL air offers because they give almost total control to NCL, unlike other cruise line's air fare programs. In most situations, I wouldn't consider it, but we booked an 11 day Eastern Med cruise for a total of $3,640 for two (inside but not guarantee) and that includes round trip airfare to Greece, return from Rome to an "unpopular" midwestern USA airport. The airfare was $349 pp. 

If this was my first trip to this region, I would say no to the BOGO airfare but this trip is sort of a repeat with a few new ports in Greece, so it is just fine with us. If I was flying halfway around the world to Australia, I'd also say no. We decided to go with Princess's Transpacific Cruise instead of NCL's because of that. Why fly 25 hours and not get to spend more time in Australia and New Zealand?

NCL has two unappealing features: You only can ask for 2 extra days pre and post cruise (and they cost $50 per leg extra) and you don't find out flight details until about 50-60 days before the sailing. We are flexible and quite tolerant, so that is acceptable, but not preferable to us. 

So, if this was a cruise where the airfare could be a lot lower, like to the Carribean, I'd not take NCL up on the offer. It really is a rather complicated and individual decision.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

NCL has two unappealing features: You only can ask for 2 extra days pre and post cruise (and they cost $50 per leg extra) and you don't find out flight details until about 50-60 days before the sailing. We are flexible and quite tolerant, so that is acceptable, but not preferable to us. 

Depending on how much the cruise price goes up from our current price, the new sale might work for us, but I'm trying to understand the extra charge to add days at the front and back.  My wife and I are booked on a Brazil to Spain Transatlantic and would need to fly from New York to Rio and then Barcelona to New York with two days added at each end.  Would that be a total of $200 extra (2 flights for each of us) or would it be more if we have to change planes?

Also,  can we book Business Class with NCL and do you know if the airfare promotion would apply to Business Class?

Thanks.

Tom

I'm not sure if the $50 charge to change dates applies to each person on the reservation, but was told it does apply to each part of the trip. So, for a party of two, it could be either $100 or $200. I don't think the charge is for each leg of the trip.  I guess an phone call to NCL is in order.

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I'm not sure if the $50 charge to change dates applies to each person on the reservation, but was told it does apply to each part of the trip. So, for a party of two, it could be either $100 or $200. I don't think the charge is for each leg of the trip.  I guess an phone call to NCL is in order.

thanks

I noticed a week and a half ago my cruise pricing went up 10%. Half the rooms in my class are booked for the sailing. Perhaps based on demand; it's different for other room levels and likely different sailings; but I suspect a revised fare to better reflect the added benefits.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:30 AM, PhillyTravelBug said:

We will see how much the price goes up to compensate the OBC and second airfare.

Mine just went down.

I just did a mock booking today and they are offering an additional $600 OBC plus the overall price is now less than the NCL price when I booked.  

Called my TA and my offer is basically the same so it would have been a wash - no point in rebooking to take advantage of what would have been about a $10 credit.  However, the overall price of the cruise dropped about $1K on the NCL website from when I originally booked.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple_Pig said:

Mine just went down.

I just did a mock booking today and they are offering an additional $600 OBC plus the overall price is now less than the NCL price when I booked.  

Called my TA and my offer is basically the same so it would have been a wash - no point in rebooking to take advantage of what would have been about a $10 credit.  However, the overall price of the cruise dropped about $1K on the NCL website from when I originally booked.  

Was the $600 OBC shown on the NCL website? I just did a mock booking for my 3 cruises and don't see any OBC. Is it for certain destinations only? I have Caribbean and Alaska. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Purple_Pig said:

Mine just went down.

It is not Dec 31 yet. Where did you see this new promo?

2 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

Was the $600 OBC shown on the NCL website? I just did a mock booking for my 3 cruises and don't see any OBC. Is it for certain destinations only? I have Caribbean and Alaska. Thanks.

It wasn't on the main page but showed up when I did the mock booking.  This is a longer, northern Atlantic cruise.  

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

It is not Dec 31 yet. Where did you see this new promo?

It may not be the 31st, however, the offers have changed. I did a mock booking, as well, to check my booked cruise.  I have a 7-day booked on the BA (May 2022) in an HI, smallest haven cabin.  The price has gone up by approx. $1K and while the OBC showed $600, that's no bargain for me. 

This cruise was booked in September. 

Cheers