Operations Now Paused To May 14, 2021

Syracusefan44

We also got notified today that our May 1, 2021 Pacific Coast cruise on the Emerald has also been cancelled.  The same cruise is offered in September but I see that a balcony is $300more than what I paid. 

They said that I would get 125% of the dollars I have paid as FCC.  So now I have FCC on Celebrity and Princess.  Decisions  - Decisions  hopefully someday.  

Edited by earlydiner

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

If your $200 deposit is $100 per person, you SHOULD have got $150 FCC per person....

We were told that it is 25%. The total deposit was $200.00 or 

$100.00 each. So that is an extra $$25.00 per person making a total

of an extra $50.00

8 hours ago, Erncon said:

If you have not paid in full, you will receive double your deposit.  So if you deposited $100 you will now have $200 in FCC's

The bonus OBC is 25% of what you have on deposit with a minimum of $50. It the past the minimum was $100.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Since this announcement I have been unable to log into the Princess website. Are others experiencing this, or is it an unrelated issue?

I can get in to some of my account but problems yes

10 hours ago, nini said:

We were told that it is 25%. The total deposit was $200.00 or 

$100.00 each. So that is an extra $$25.00 per person making a total

of an extra $50.00

FCC is per person. Minimum is $50. Therefore, on a $100 deposit (per person) FCC would be an additional $50, making $150 per person total FCC. This is what was outlined in the email that came out to TAs - maybe Princess has changed things their end to calculate bonus FCC on total deposit rather than per person, but that isn't how it has been done in the past and there was no mention of it in the email. Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised with some extra FCC.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

FCC is per person. Minimum is $50. Therefore, on a $100 deposit (per person) FCC would be an additional $50, making $150 per person total FCC. This is what was outlined in the email that came out to TAs - maybe Princess has changed things their end to calculate bonus FCC on total deposit rather than per person, but that isn't how it has been done in the past and there was no mention of it in the email. Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised with some extra FCC.

I understand what you are saying and appreciate your efforts and information.

However, this is what transpired yesterday on my hour long conversation with my TA and her with Princess.

One disappointing fact in the webinar...no B2B cruises through the CDC’s 7 day limit on USA cruises until 10/31/21. He said that was due to pre-cruise requirements that haven’t been published yet.

They will contact travel agents to have clients decide which 7 day cruise to keep. I don’t recall him discussing direct bookings but PCL will likely contact them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I was told the same thing from my PVP.  She told me that Princess software was unable to flag if someone had booked b2b at this time but they were told that the software update was being worked on.  She told me at that time I would have to decide which of the b2b cruises I wanted to take.  

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

One disappointing fact in the webinar...no B2B cruises through the CDC’s 7 day limit on USA cruises until 10/31/21. He said that was due to pre-cruise requirements that haven’t been published yet.

They will contact travel agents to have clients decide which 7 day cruise to keep. I don’t recall him discussing direct bookings but PCL will likely contact them.

3 minutes ago, franktown said:

I was told the same thing from my PVP.  She told me that Princess software was unable to flag if someone had booked b2b at this time but they were told that the software update was being worked on.  She told me at that time I would have to decide which of the b2b cruises I wanted to take.  

John had just returned from a meeting & said that some might be able to book B2B 7-day cruises in the USA through 10/31/21 but as you were told they’re changing their system to prevent it.

Our Fall 2021 cruises will be affected & we’ll keep our CA Coastal & cancel the Mexican Riviera.

I appreciate the knowledge of all of you posters. 

We booked an Alaska cruise for May 2021 which is now cancelled.  Because of a promotional, we paid in full when we booked ($4683.) This was 9 months before the cruise.

What would we receive as a FCC?

2 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

I appreciate the knowledge of all of you posters. 

We booked an Alaska cruise for May 2021 which is now cancelled.  Because of a promotional, we paid in full when we booked ($4683.) This was 9 months before the cruise.

What would we receive as a FCC?

Depends what your cruise fare was - you will see that on your confirmation (first line). It doesn't include taxes/port fees, airfare, vacation protection, or any other extras - these will be refunded to original form of payment. The cruise fare will be one FCC (given to each person) and then you will have an additional FCC for 25% of that amount (per person).

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Today at 1100 PST their VP of Sales John Chernesky will stream a live webinar on his Facebook page about the latest pause.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1937949749686380&id=607462672735101&__tn__=*s*s-R

Now that the webinar has happened, is there a link to it?

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Facebook

It was a Facebook Live - you can still view it. I don't know if you need a FB account to do so? It was interesting but not really anything we/you didn't already know...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Clicking on the Facebook link in my post you quoted to get to the VP of Sales FB page where you can view the webinar.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1937949749686380&id=607462672735101&__tn__=*s*s-R

21 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Facebook

It was a Facebook Live - you can still view it. I don't know if you need a FB account to do so? It was interesting but not really anything we/you didn't already know...

I don’t have a FB account & can view the webinar. Besides the B2B information he said that Medallions would be available for shipment to Canada but made no comment about the status of the Pacific which isn’t listed as MedallionClass & they still had a slide that all ships will be MedallionClass. It was mostly the same presentation as 4 weeks ago but provided some updates.

19 minutes ago, franktown said:

Available on his facebook page.  Or at least it was.

Checking his FB page the webinar is still currently available.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Clicking on the Facebook link in my post you quoted to get to the VP of Sales FB page where you can view the webinar.

I don’t have a FB account & can view the webinar. Besides the B2B information he said the the Medallions would be available for shipment to Canada but made no comment about the status of the Pacific which isn’t listed as MedallionClass & they still had a slide that all ships will be MedallionClass. It was mostly the same presentation as 4 weeks ago but provided some updates.

Checking his FB page the webinar is still currently available.

I was pleased to hear about the medallions being shipped to Canada - now we just need to get the ships back here. Sadly, I don't see that happening this year (or at least not until Fall at the earliest).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I was pleased to hear about the medallions being shipped to Canada - now we just need to get the ships back here. Sadly, I don't see that happening this year (or at least not until Fall at the earliest).

I’ll be happy if our Fall cruise from LA sails but having one of our B2B cruises (booked prior to the US 7-day restriction) canceled not overly optimistic about sailing that cruise. Our 2nd B2B cruise was on 10/30 & just barely within the CDC’s current cutoff date of through 10/31 although wouldn’t be surprised if that is extended.

• Like 1