Volendam
Zaandam

0107Torquay.thumb.png.efea396907f950b8e9f101cd1169daa4.png

0107USA.thumb.png.06b6428ef4e90c5a89b1e9669b67aca1.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily Report.  I appreciate all the work you do.

Interesting days.  Old rocks?  Aren't all rocks old?

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good.

I'm looking forward to reading about the Drink of the Day and the wine.

Praying for your country and the world.

Stay safe.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  I like looking at bobbleheads but don't collect them, and the other 2 days are new to me.  Like both the quote and Classic Lasagna.   My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Broiled New York Striploin and Pineapple Crisp, as served on MS Prinsendam January 7, 2019.

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/dishes07.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

kazu’s BIL’s Mom with Cpvod

Our Nation

Four people lost in yesterday’s unrest

Those with newly cancelled cruises

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard XBGuy and Jimbo59

Teachers and school workers, especially StLouisCruiser’s DD

Front Line Health Care Workers

Mamaofami’s SIL out of quarantine

Bianca Smith, first black female professional baseball coach

Capitol and DC Police and National Gurard

Congratulations Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock

Penguin photos, the look without the smell

Nice birthday surprise for CrabbiPatti

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

Interesting group of days.  We have several bobbleheads from sport events we went to, but they are just collecting dust.

Will pass on the menu.

Major prayers for our country, the care list, and congratulations to the others.

Please stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

There were many Winter Cocktails listed, so I chose a pretty one.

Winter Wonderland Cocktail

Ingredients
1 oz Cream of coconut (such as CocoLopez)
1½ oz Vanilla Vodka
1½ oz Creme de Cocoa
Ice

Instructions
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine cream of coconut, vanilla vodka and creme de cocoa. Shake until well chilled and combined. Strain into an ice filled glass.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 7.12.22 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Sunrise this morning Hollywood Beach Florida. Woke up early and went to get water I saw 3 cruise ships going to Port. 2 to Miami and 1 to Port Everglades,  Wish they were boarding cruisers, hopefully soon.

Mary

IMG_20210107_071149992_HDR.jpg

Great pic!   We'll be in Florida in two weeks and looking forward to that 🙂

• Like 6

I will be away from my computer most of the day Friday so today I have combined the two sea days we experienced on the Quest for your enjoyment.  There weren’t a lot of photos to show anyway.

January 7th and 8th 2017 at sea onboard Seabourn Quest

This will be an update on our progress towards Montevideo, Uruguay upon leaving South Georgia Island to stay ahead of a storm.  At first on the afternoon of the 6th the weather was sunny and nice with fairly calm seas.  But soon the waves grew, the wind howled and for about 36 hours we tossed and turned, rolling and pitching.  This lasted through the night and the entire day of Jan. 7th.  The 8th turned sunny with the temperature rising to 55 to 60 degrees so many people went outdoors to bird watch on the 8th. enhance

enhance

enhance

We did what we usually do to stay busy.  I read and cross stitched with my friends.  DH went to a lecture and read his book, and of course we ate and drank which is what all good cruisers do.

enhance

We ate dinner in our cabin (perhaps both nights but I have no notes on dinner on the 8th).  It seems many people decided to do so because there were two playoff games on TV on the 7th, Texas-Raiders and Seahawks-Detroit.  The next photo is the Card Room where snacks and drinks were set up for anyone who wanted to watch the football games somewhere other than in their suites.  As you can see watching TV in your suite wasn’t all that much of a hardship because we saw only two people in here when we walked by.   The TV was bigger in the Card Room, but you can’t stretch out in your PJs can you?enhance

enhance

After dinner we told our stewardess Michelle to forget the turndown.  She insisted on changing our wall clock back one hour and we exchanged towels with her.  That’s all.  She joked with us that we were too neat and there was nothing to do so I’m sure she didn’t find a huge mess in our suite the next morning. 

We were given back our passports and noted a cool stamp from South Georgia Island to go with the Chilean naval base stamp from Antarctica.  Very exciting!  Next stop is Montevideo, Uruguay.  Unfortunately our cruise is rapidly coming to an end.  Where did the 24 days go?

• Like 25

Thank you for keeping us updated @richwmn  @rafinmd   @summer slope

Thanks for the photos and I can't wait for @kazu memes, it supplies me with a chuckle every morning.  I send them to my sis who is ill to get her started on the right attitude - so thank you so much.

Love Lasagna but we are having stuffed bell peppers.  The peppers are so beautiful right now we couldn't resist buying a bag full.  

Still no luck getting a vaccine in North Texas but South Louisiana is proceeding rapidly from family reports.  Big sis reported that she called in the morning for an appointment and had her vaccine right after lunch (south Louisiana).  Now that is how it should work!

Oh and as your resident mineral collector/dealer/curator:  I have lots of old rocks dating into the billions of years but I also have rocks that are only a few years old too.  

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 17

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I didn’t know there were young rocks but since it’s old rock day...

A398BB74-E1EA-45C2-A111-E97ACDA806E5.jpeg.a782f247470401cc20e4e51fa95d97f6.jpeg

Love Tempura and while I get a kick out of some bobble heads I see, they are not for me 😉 

Love the quote and lasagna sounds like a great plan for tonight.

Thanks @summer slopefor choosing a very pretty winter cocktail 🙂 

Our cases here are at an all time high (for us) 😢  The ‘mask’ police are out and checking.

91264854-5AC5-4153-8FE8-72C17563E11E.thumb.jpeg.bddd51b5c8397c27e54510b7c1f9d2af.jpeg

Such a sad day yesterday with the violence in the United States & the cancellation of more cruises (I’m still trying to figure this latest round out for the FCL 😞) I found myself wanting to buy this t-shirt:

1BE5F70D-1979-4332-8D81-26C4C62B3DAB.jpeg.2947730989532cbb5ed0fa1c3f148f16.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I might need some help with telling the difference between an old rock & a new one! Love tempura! And I celebrated Bobblehead Day a bit early, when Dr. Fauci’s Bobblehead was announced!

Roy, our lists went through a major upheaval yesterday. Thank you for keeping up with them! I might add that we now have certified election results. And 50+ arrests. Celebrate arrests, you say? You bet. Most of these folk committed treason/sedition, or both. I used to know the difference, but no longer. Sorry, I injected some negativity, but....  Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Joy, I wonder if certain breeds of cats would not cause Allen a problem. I know there are dog breeds, but not sure about cats. Of course that most likely would rule out adopting from a shelter. ❤️We have another red wine today! Summer, love the look of that drink. Pristine, like new fallen snow!

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating! And we have things to celebrate!

Stay well everyone!

This red has a very good rating and a decent price. I found one online distributor offering it for $23.99. But look around locally, since wine.com, currently out of stock, was offering it for around $14!

#50 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

The color is a lively and brilliant dark ruby-red. The perfume is fresh and intense with clean scents of wild berries, currants and sour black cherry. A light hint of vanilla and toasted oak. The flavor is warm and robust, full-bodied, pleasant and balanced.

WS91 Wine Spectator:  A sleek, racy style, this red boasts raspberry, boysenberry, graphite and spice flavors. Balanced and focused, with lingering echoes of fruit, mineral and spice. Drink now through 2024.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for keeping up with them! I might add that we now have certified election results. And 50+ arrests. Celebrate arrests, you say? You bet. Most of these folk committed treason/sedition, or both.

I certainly agree but when I did my final update of the list was unsure if we had reached that point.  If we had more than the 2 states protested it might have been still going on.

Roy

• Like 15

@cat shepard, we have a Dr. Fauci as well!  Unfortunately, he has taken a couple of tumbles, but thanks to DH’s steady hand with good glue, you can’t tell he’s had a broken arm and for a time lost both legs.  He’s been moved to a less vulnerable area.  We have another “good cause” bobble from the Negro Leagues Museum in Kansas City.  What a wonderful place!

And on a celebratory note, all the stitches and staples were removed yesterday - yea!  I told my sister that my head did not fall off, but it did nearly explode later in the day.  I hope the insanity ends soon.

• Like 16

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily today. I need it!

Thanks to Roy (you are in my prayers) Ann and summer aka Drink Ladies for the contributions. Lots of prayers going out today on our list and cheers for tonight for our Capital and DC police and National Guard. It could have turned into something horribly worse. They deserve medals.

Ann at this time we need to get Allen's allergies under control before we venture out on another pet. My heart is still in pieces and it's way too early to think ahead.

@Live4cruises Glad your head didn't fall off after stitches came out. You could have been a bobblehead!

Our clinic sent a note out yesterday that they are working with various drug stores to get the vaccine distributed in a quick and orderly manner. Hope it is soon!

I'm sorry for those of you who had cruises cancelled again, some for the 3rd and 4th time. Hang in there. Help is on the way (Please Lord!)

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A little late to the table today because we were glued to the television until a few short hours ago.  DH is a history major, and yesterday we truly watched history in the making.  Hopefully today will be a better day for our neighbours to the south.

Old rocks . . . a little redundant, like old antiques.  LOL  Tempura is great, because it is such a light batter and doesn't mask the flavour of what's inside.  We don't have bobbleheads, but enjoy seeing some that others have collected.

A couple of great suggestions for dinner tonight, but at this point in the day (and with very little coffee in my system), I'm not sure we're going to do anything but graze from the fridge.  It seems we have an abundance of leftovers from which to choose, so I think we we might just have "let's see what's in this tupperware container" for dinner tonight. And wine.

Speaking of wine, @kazuI'd love to get that t-shirt; I'm going to look online to see if I can find one!

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Prayers especially for the United States, for healing.  Raising our wine glasses tonight to toast all on the celebration list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I am highly allergic to Siamese cats, but "regular" cats only make my eyes itch and cause sneezes when I snuggle. I take a low dose Benedryl daily.

Summer we have had calico cats in the past and they did not bother Allen. This sweet little girl was an allergy bombshell! Allen is feeling slightly better this morning and less swelling.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I certainly agree but when I did my final update of the list was unsure if we had reached that point.  If we had more than the 2 states protested it might have been still going on.

Roy

Sorry, I made you feel as if you needed to defend yourself. You must know, YOU NEVER DO!  I try to keep track, and always fall short of your lists!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

@cat shepard, we have a Dr. Fauci as well!  Unfortunately, he has taken a couple of tumbles, but thanks to DH’s steady hand with good glue, you can’t tell he’s had a broken arm and for a time lost both legs.  He’s been moved to a less vulnerable area.  We have another “good cause” bobble from the Negro Leagues Museum in Kansas City.  What a wonderful place!

And on a celebratory note, all the stitches and staples were removed yesterday - yea!  I told my sister that my head did not fall off, but it did nearly explode later in the day.  I hope the insanity ends soon.

Glad to hear that both you & Dr. Fauci are doing well!

• Like 5