Escape took a scratch in Rome

FreestyleNovice

What happened to the dock (pier) ?

Was it a case of the irresistble force meeting the immovable object ?

Rookie at the helm - What does this do-hickey thing do ?

Don't touch that button ?

He touched it !

Oops gonna need that paint shop special to fix this.

Attention attention would the guests in quarters on deck 5 starboard foward

contact guest services for scratch and dent cabin reassignment !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 3:08 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Looks like more than a scratch. 

The ship has no luck... she hit the dock at Harvest Caye last January 2020 forcing future cruises to tender (until COVID suspension). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The ship has no luck... she hit the dock at Harvest Caye last January 2020 forcing future cruises to tender (until COVID suspension)

The line has no luck. What happened to the Captain of the breakaway who sailed through the very edge of that storm on Christmas 2017. There was damage to the ship including flooding when it got back to new york. Was he sacked, jailed, keelhauled? What?

15 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The line has no luck. What happened to the Captain of the breakaway who sailed through the very edge of that storm on Christmas 2017. There was damage to the ship including flooding when it got back to new york. Was he sacked, jailed, keelhauled? What?

Not a thing, as he followed the company's ISM procedures for heavy weather sailing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Well the way I have heard it everyone onboard could have been killed.

And, as usual, ace, you have heard unreliable and exaggerated stories.  There were not even any serious injuries.

And, this is the reason that the ISM (International Safety Management) system requires that the Master have "overriding authority" when it comes to decisions regarding the safety of ship, crew, cargo (passengers) and environment, so that armchair landlubbers cannot second guess the Master's (who has the experience, and is on the scene) decisions.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

And, as usual, ace, you have heard unreliable and exaggerated stories.  There were not even any serious injuries

Exaggerated stories? Are you being serious?. I have seen videos from onboard looked really bad. People were walking round with life jackets on thought they were gonna die. Carpets soaked through, doors smashed, water in cabins, electrics must have been ruined as well. They showed it on when cruising goes wrong on Channel 4 in UK. They are probably on you tube. We were on QM2 for the eastbound home after being on the Gem. Great sailing on the Gem. The QM2 stayed in port and rightly bloody so. Good Captain that Chris Wells on QM2.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Exaggerated stories? Are you being serious?. I have seen videos from onboard looked really bad. People were walking round with life jackets on thought they were gonna die. Carpets soaked through, doors smashed, water in cabins, electrics must have been ruined as well. They showed it on when cruising goes wrong on Channel 4 in UK. They are probably on you tube. We were on QM2 for the eastbound home after being on the Gem. Great sailing on the Gem. The QM2 stayed in port and rightly bloody so. Good Captain that Chris Wells on QM2.

Yes, exaggerated stories.  While many folks may have thought they were going to die, there was no seriouse threat to anyone's life, and in fact there were no injuries to passengers or crew.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

If that is the case, post the links!

bullshit-meter.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

If that is the case, post the links!

bullshit-meter.gif

This is video from people onboard breakaway. I can't seem to find of when cruises go wrong UK channel 4. But recorded video onboard below. Ship took damage. Water damage internally? So damage to electrics goes without saying.

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

This is video from people onboard breakaway. I can't seem to find of when cruises go wrong UK channel 4. But recorded video onboard below. Ship took damage. Water damage internally? So damage to electrics goes without saying.

Interesting, and I've experienced (first hand) rough seas on the Breakaway.  But this has absolutely nothing to do with the Escape having an allision with the pier in the port of Civitavecchia, further reinforcing @chengkp75's comment that "as usual, ace, you have heard unreliable and exaggerated stories."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HuliHuli said:

Interesting, and I've experienced (first hand) rough seas on the Breakaway.  But this has absolutely nothing to do with the Escape having an allision with the pier in the port of Civitavecchia, further reinforcing @chengkp75's comment that "as usual, ace, you have heard unreliable and exaggerated stories."

But my first reply begin with NCL has bad luck or maybe that should have been bad judgement?. And for me the captain should have been sacked on Breakaway and Escape as well perhaps. Did the next breakaway cruise depart ok? I am surprised that NCL has not been sued by other cruise lines for causing/contributing to the rule change in Rome?

7 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But my first reply begin with NCL has bad luck or maybe that should have been bad judgement?. And for me the captain should have been sacked on Breakaway and Escape as well perhaps. Did the next breakaway cruise depart ok? I am surprised that NCL has not been sued by other cruise lines for causing/contributing to the rule change in Rome?

Good Grief.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1