Buffet Fun Tips and Tricks

Prof Peg

Passing time, dreaming of cruising, staying out of "public places" -- thoughts of cruising sure help!

I remember reading a year or so ago about fun things that people were doing in the buffet (I know, I know....that sounds kinky). Let me give you an example or two and these are quite well-known, been around for years, and easy -

Arnold Palmer - 1/2 iced tea + 1/2 lemonade (to taste, of course)

Double R Burger (Roy Rogers) - Hamburger of your choice from Guys Burgers + ham slices from salad bar area.

and now that I have begun my list, I've forgotten the ones I wanted to mention.  Although I do know that in the MDR, when they have chocolate melting cake, I'm going to order a side of peanut butter (I am addicted to peanut butter and chocolate!).

What other combinations and mixes do you do?  Do you have any favorite little "recipes" that you concoct in the buffet?  Let us know - inspire us.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

Grab some veggies and have the pizza makers add them to your pizza. yum!

Excellent - I was thinking of that but I was going in the wrong direction.  I was getting the pizza and then putting some veggies on it.  Thanks for straightening me out!

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Please change your font.  It is wwaayy to small and slim and way to read on an iPad and perhaps other mobile devices.  Thus I haven’t read what you wrote.  EM

Very odd - I was at a 16 which is pretty good size.  I'll try this one.

• Like 1

Just now, Prof Peg said:

Excellent - I was thinking of that but I was going in the wrong direction.  I was getting the pizza and then putting some veggies on it.  Thanks for straightening me out!

I saw someone else doing it. Glad to share.

46 minutes ago, stellarose said:

on the pride the deli gave me a veggie burger and they cooked it at at guys burger.  yum. 

Really? I find that hard to believe. If so, that would break all kinds of sanitary rules. 

• Like 4

1. Go to Blue Iguana ask for Guacamole on the side in the Cup and add it to a Guys Burger

2. Use Green olives from the salad bar and make a Green Olive burger

3. Use items from the salad bar for topping on a cheese pizza

4. Haven't tried this one yet, but use Guacamole form Blue Iguana on an omelet(not sure they have Guacamole for breakfast at  Blue Iguana).

5. If on a ship with a fish sack order some of the shrimp and you can add it to just about anything like burgers, omelets, pizza, yes even soft serve ice cream if you want 🤔  

On 1/12/2021 at 4:32 PM, Essiesmom said:

Please change your font.  It is wwaayy to small and slim and way to read on an iPad and perhaps other mobile devices.  Thus I haven’t read what you wrote.  EM

On 1/12/2021 at 6:25 PM, Prof Peg said:

Very odd - I was at a 16 which is pretty good size.  I'll try this one.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:55 PM, Host Carolyn said:

Generally a font that is in cursive is more difficult to read especially on mobile devices

In general with message boards, it is best to use the forum default font, since that will scale/recast as required for different devices (if good forum software, which this one seems to be, in general).

If you specify a font it might look too small (usually the case) or too big.  @Prof Peg, your reply above between the other two replies is almost twice the font size on my PC screen.

I will note that your original post in Comic Sans (at least now) appears to be the same size font, overall, compared to the forum default, which I think is Arial.  So it is fairly legible, but the posts in Arial are easier to read.

(I will also admit to having a strong distaste for Comic Sans...)

Anyway, as for buffet tips/tricks - I honestly don't recall anything specific that we do, so I look forward to reading hints in this thread.  Though I'm also quite sure this isn't the first thread on this topic, if anyone want to go mining...

• Like 1