Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

It's a nasty rainy day in Halifax and it was foggy yesterday evening so I'm posting another view of the July 4 sunrise, this one with great colors before the sun came up.

dawn704b.JPG.d707fa697b2e7e6cd4d9cc36fb3

Roy

• Like 5

I intended to post this yesterday but forgot due to jet lag.

Sunrise on the port wing, 7th July 2022.

Delta 028, Registration: N836MH, at map coordinates 50.973, -19.673

IMG_20220707_010318828_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Very precise ! Hope you had a good trip.

Thank you. There's not much in the photo to suggest where it was! 😂

It was good. We saw everything we wanted to and the flights were better that expected.

But if we go to New York again it will be a repeat of our 5th June visit minus the washing line!

• Like 2

It's a nasty day in Maryland with no sun so I'm posting a photo from July 3 sunset with the sun going down over Bar Harbor.

dusk703c.JPG.77b1ae84859b1ea6f8cbf750990efb99.JPG

I think with my completion of one Cunard Voyage and more to come I will put my participation in this thread to rest.  I do welcome continuing additions from other Cunard photographers.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think with my completion of one Cunard Voyage and more to come I will put my participation in this thread to rest.  I do welcome continuing additions from other Cunard photographers.

Roy

I will be sad not to see new photos every day. Maybe you can still contribute occasionally? Your pictures helped get me through the deepest pandemic, thinking of being away. Thanks so much.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tonopah said:

I will be sad not to see new photos every day. Maybe you can still contribute occasionally? Your pictures helped get me through the deepest pandemic, thinking of being away. Thanks so much.

Here, here! The photos really cheered me up during difficult times. Thanks so much for posting them all.

Something a bit different today.

Not quite a sunrise, this was taken July 14, 2018 on ViaRail's Canadian near the remote village of Nakima, Ontario (far North of Thunder Bay) and is first light reflected in a placid wilderness lake.

1299064264_DSCF5239(Medium).thumb.JPG.6649b38d6486dbf8dd34151dd52918d3.JPG

Roy

• Like 6

I missed this one a few days ago.

9th July 1998, sunset over Lions Gate Bridge, Vancouver.

Taken from the wonderful Cannery Restaurant, which I understand had to close when they tightened up on port security.

1309594798_1998-0004-LionsGateBr.thumb.jpg.5569a5234d87f2d1fb99b4c713b7a8bd.jpg

• Like 4

This morning at 6:30 am as Queen Mary 2 approaches Villefranche-sur-Mer, Alpes-Maritimes.

Not as clear as I wanted but can't do much to influence the weather.

IMG_20220721_063001628_HDR[1].jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Today's sunrise is among my earliest from Cunard.  It was taken August 6, 2008 at the end of a trip that was primarily a Rovos Rail trip from Dar es Salam to Cape Town but the final leg was a return from Southampton on Queen Mary 2.

IMG_1163.JPG.f42c9fc76cbede0ec9c9c9338475c865.JPG

Roy

• Like 6

There were pretty colors in the predawn skies at Cowes this morning. Unfortunately this happened too late to catch Queen Victoria who sailed by about half an hour earlier to darker skies. But I did manage to catch a ship in this later more colorful view anyway. That's the vehicles carrier Themis Leader on her way into Southampton from Zeebrugge. This is a capture from the Cowes Camera stream on the Solent Ships YouTube channel.

1242381831_SouthamptonSunrise2022-08-14.thumb.jpg.4e1e022d5bc57efe28f57b8e0676465f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...