Vaccine proof not good enough

Peachypooh

18 hours ago, roger001 said:

There has not yet been made a determination as to whether a vaccinated person can then pass the virus.  Several medical opinions I read said they think that to be very unlikely.  But, just not determined yet.  Factually, don't know.  

Do we now differentiate based on which vaccine you got?  J&J only protects 66% from moderate to severe COVID which means it is a lot less effective in protecting for asymptomatic to  minor to moderate COVID. 

You got me.  I did see a medical opinion recently that said any vaccine that is 70% or better is a good one.  Maybe J&J will tweak it somehow, or like the others require a second shot.  But is you go the single shot routine, that is better than the others one shot.  The other two are somewhere between 50% and 80% effective after only one shot...."they say".   I've had one and get the second next Tues.   Happy about that.  

Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 single-shot vaccine was shown to be 66% effective in preventing moderate and severe disease in a global Phase 3 trial, but 85% effective against severe disease, the company announced Friday. 

The vaccine was 72% effective against moderate and severe disease in the US, the company said.
It's a striking difference from vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, and it may give pause to people uncertain about which vaccine to get or when they can get one. The vaccines already on the market in the US are about 95% effective overall against symptomatic Covid-19, with perhaps even higher efficacy against severe cases.
But experts say the Johnson & Johnson vaccine will still be useful against the pandemic in the United States and around the world.

8 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

But it doesn't work the same way as the others, so a second dose probably won't help.

We/they don't know that. The two dose run is still going on

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 2