CWC Extended

CWC extended but lift and shift ends.

As we continue to tackle every hurdle that comes our way, we do it as partners and friends. Royal Caribbean® wants to make planning your client’s next cruise vacation as stress-free as possible, which is why we have decided to extend our very popular Cruise with Confidence program. When booking on or before April 30, 2021 on a sailing departing through April 30, 2022, your clients can make a cruise reservation with the comfort of knowing they can cancel up to 48-hours prior to the sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit. Plus, under our Cruise with Confidence program, your clients are eligible to take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring the best deal. That’s three additional months of booking security!

Additionally, if your clients are simply wishing to move their vacation plans to next year with our Lift & Shift option, they'll need to act quickly as this option will soon expire! Between now and January 31, 2021, your clients can opt to move their existing reservation, protecting their original cruise fare & promotion, to a qualifying sailing departing on or before April 30, 2022 on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within 4 weeks before or after the date of their original cruise. As of February 1, 2021, Lift & Shift will be discontinued and is no longer an eligible option under the Cruise with Confidence program.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Too bad about ending Lift & Shift.

I think it goes hand in hand with the rising prices we're seeing across the board. 
It looks like a business decision to preserve the increases and/or set a "new normal"

All part of running the business that'll possibly clear a lot of lower priced bookings out of the system between Jan 31 and the resumption of cruising. 

• Like 1

Bummer!  Yes, totally a business decision so they don't have to guarantee lower prices.

There is a risk, however.  The risk is that they will not be able to sell higher priced cruises in 2022.  There are many scenarios under which this could happen.  If it does, RCCL might be sorry that they didn't  lock in reservations, even if they were at a reduced rate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

CWC extended but lift and shift ends.

As we continue to tackle every hurdle that comes our way, we do it as partners and friends. Royal Caribbean® wants to make planning your client’s next cruise vacation as stress-free as possible, which is why we have decided to extend our very popular Cruise with Confidence program. When booking on or before April 30, 2021 on a sailing departing through April 30, 2022, your clients can make a cruise reservation with the comfort of knowing they can cancel up to 48-hours prior to the sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit. Plus, under our Cruise with Confidence program, your clients are eligible to take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring the best deal. That’s three additional months of booking security!

Additionally, if your clients are simply wishing to move their vacation plans to next year with our Lift & Shift option, they'll need to act quickly as this option will soon expire! Between now and January 31, 2021, your clients can opt to move their existing reservation, protecting their original cruise fare & promotion, to a qualifying sailing departing on or before April 30, 2022 on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within 4 weeks before or after the date of their original cruise. As of February 1, 2021, Lift & Shift will be discontinued and is no longer an eligible option under the Cruise with Confidence program.

Do you think this precludes them offering a limited L&S like they did when Quantum was cancelled?  I'm thinking specifically of Ovation in August.  What does your magic 8 ball say? 

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Do you think this precludes them offering a limited L&S like they did when Quantum was cancelled?  I'm thinking specifically of Ovation in August.  What does your magic 8 ball say? 

That is my thought and has been for a few months now. L&S only offered on cancelled sailings. 

Alaska season cancelled. IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is my thought and has been for a few months now. L&S only offered on cancelled sailings. 

Yeah, with the tragic pace of Canada's vaccine rollout nothing is happening this year.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you see there's today. EU looking at restricting exports. We are doomed. 

I keep watching this chart daily.  The UK is vaccinating at a rate 5x faster and the US just under 4x the rate of Canada.  That disparity is likely to increase because were getting Zero vaccine this week.

1522054830_ScreenShot2021-01-26at11_16_36AM.thumb.png.71facb8ca4d2d7160863a7b9e290a6e3.png

As much as I hate it though, It'll not likely effect me as I'm leaving soon and heading south.  At least I keep saying I'm leaving then things come up and I end up pushing it off. Eventually that will stop and I'll go. That being said, I'm much more likely to be vaccinated in the US but any hope for an Alaska season is shot to HE🏒🏒

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I keep watching this chart daily.  The UK is vaccinating at a rate 5x faster and the US just under 4x the rate of Canada.  That disparity is likely to increase because were getting Zero vaccine this week.

1522054830_ScreenShot2021-01-26at11_16_36AM.thumb.png.71facb8ca4d2d7160863a7b9e290a6e3.png

As much as I hate it though, It'll not likely effect me as I'm leaving soon and heading south.  At least I keep saying I'm leaving then things come up and I end up pushing it off. Eventually that will stop and I'll go. That being said, I'm much more likely to be vaccinated in the US but any hope for an Alaska season is shot to HE🏒🏒

We got screwed because we don't have any of the plants manufacturing the vaccine.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We got screwed because we don't have any of the plants manufacturing the vaccine.  

Yeah, that appears to be about it. It didn't help that the Fed's have been pretty passive about pressuring the manufacturers like other jurisdictions. I'm curious how Israel has done so much better than others when they have no domestic production like the EU or US.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully L&S is offered on cruises cancelled by Royal.  I am not inclined to pay an additonal $300 or so for the same sailing a year later from the cancelled cruise.

• Like 1

I can understand why RC decided to end L&S but I think its a mistake.
Vaccine rollout is going very slow, there’s concern about variants, there’s uncertainty over what the cruise experience will look like for a while to come and their prices in Europe for 2022 are at pre-pandemic levels.

When our June cruise out of Barcelona is cancelled, I’ll be looking to land vacations for 2022. 

9 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I can understand why RC decided to end L&S but I think its a mistake.
Vaccine rollout is going very slow, there’s concern about variants, there’s uncertainty over what the cruise experience will look like for a while to come and their prices in Europe for 2022 are at pre-pandemic levels.

When our June cruise out of Barcelona is cancelled, I’ll be looking to land vacations for 2022. 

I would say that there is a very good chance that L&S is an option for cruises that Royal cancels just as they did with Quantum.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would say that there is a very good chance that L&S is an option for cruises that Royal cancels just as they did with Quantum.

We did a L&S for a B2B. Lifted from Allure  Oct/ Nov 2020 to a B2B on Harmony 2021.  Do we qualify for the CWC if we cancel the Harmony cruise.  We also applied a FCC that came when WE  canceled a Ovation TP last year, hopefully the FCC is protected.  We are hoping the Harmony TA will be canceled, what would you guess.  Thank you

Edited by taglovestocruise
added

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

For some reason, about 50%-60% of the customers don't see that.

Early on in March I did this.  We had a Radiance from Hawaii May 2020 cancelled and so we took the 125% FCC and immediately rebooked Serenade from Hawaii 2021.  The price had gone up but the 125% than covered the difference and actually left us with a balance of FCC.  So it was a win for us initially.  They will probably cancel the Serenade in May 2021 in their next batch of cancellations.  I'll take the refund offer with that one. Even if they came out with Hawaii for 2022 the 2022 calendar is already pretty much booked.

49 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We did a L&S for a B2B. Lifted from Allure  Oct/ Nov 2020 to a B2B on Harmony 2021.  Do we qualify for the CWC if we cancel the Harmony cruise.  We also applied a FCC that came when WE  canceled a Ovation TP last year, hopefully the FCC is protected.  We are hoping the Harmony TA will be canceled, what would you guess.  Thank you

Your Harmony cruise is before April 30, 2022 so would still be covered by CWC.  FCC would be protected.

34 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

They said the L&S ended January 31 but when Quantum was cancelled we were given until Feb. 4 to L&S.  Will they keep Feb. 4 as the date for the Quantum cancellation?

Yes, this has nothing to do with Quantum as that was an exception in every way with regards to the L&S