Excursions pre pay

licram

33 minutes ago, licram said:

Can you book excursions without pre paying for them ?

31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

YES ! - IF you have posted OBC ... if not, must pay

Using OBC is still prepaying. You are just using the OBC to pay. Princess got tired of people booking a bunch of excursions that they "might want to take" and then cancelling them later. It kept a lot of folks who actually wanted the excursions from booking as the excursions appeared to be full.

Note: If you have unequal amounts of OBC between two passengers - often the case - one passenger may not have enough listed OBC to cover their excursion booking. A call to Princess can sort it out so OBC from the passenger with extra can be used to cover the cost for the passenger with insufficient OBC.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Using OBC is still prepaying. You are just using the OBC to pay. Princess got tired of people booking a bunch of excursions that they "might want to take" and then cancelling them later. It kept a lot of folks who actually wanted the excursions from booking as the excursions appeared to be full.

Note: If you have unequal amounts of OBC between two passengers - often the case - one passenger may not have enough listed OBC to cover their excursion booking. A call to Princess can sort it out so OBC from the passenger with extra can be used to cover the cost for the passenger with insufficient OBC.

A call may or may not sort it out to allow the sharing if one passenger has extra OBC (such as the shareholder's credit). On the cruise we had booked for this past summer (which of course never happened), the representative I spoke with would not allow it.

4 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

A call may or may not sort it out to allow the sharing if one passenger has extra OBC (such as the shareholder's credit). On the cruise we had booked for this past summer (which of course never happened), the representative I spoke with would not allow it.

That's why HUACA became a thing. Hang Up And Call Again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Have had the same issue. DH gets the $250 credit and it can't be shared with me. Never been able to make that happen..

• Like 1

When I've received an answer that seemed stupid and arbitrary I've always waited 10 minutes or so and called back. It's always resolved the issue except for one time. In that instance I asked to speak with a supervisor and the issue was resolved satisfactorily. The folks who answer the phone at Princess often don't know squat.

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When I've received an answer that seemed stupid and arbitrary I've always waited 10 minutes or so and called back. It's always resolved the issue except for one time. In that instance I asked to speak with a supervisor and the issue was resolved satisfactorily. The folks who answer the phone at Princess often don't know squat.

Another reason I use a PVP. Mine is much more knowledgeable than the average person on their main line

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

That's why HUACA became a thing. Hang Up And Call Again.

I thought of doing that, but there were only a few dollars involved and I figured I would just have them available as OBC. And it was an excursion we really, really wanted. It was actually a transfer back to the airport with a stop to tour Stonehenge. We had once done something similar on a Princess ship from a different port that needed Heathrow as an airport. That one went to Canterbury. As well as being a very enjoyable excursion, it made it seem like we were still on the cruise after we had disembarked.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

I think the real reason is that all the other cruise lines require pre-payment for excursions booked pre-cruise.

Just part of Princess gradually eliminating everything that differentiated them from the competition. Other recent examples:

o Moving final payment for most cruises from 75 days to 90 days before embarkation

o Limiting transfer of a reservation from cruise line to a TA to 60 days from initial bookiong.

On a British Isles cruise in Aug. 2019, my DH and I both had $40 OBC left after booking some excursions.  They were running a special just before we sailed for unlimited wifi at $79 total if you booked online.  We called to see if we could transfer one OBC to another and they said no.  Called back and again was told no but this time the agent said to book it online but do not pay.  Take a scdreenshot that you booked it.  Then when you get on the ship show them and they will honor it and apply both OBC's.

Well we did this and when we boarded the internet people would NOT honor it.  Went to customer service, explained what happened.  Showed him the screenshot.  He then charged us $100 for the wifi with a $25 customer service satisfaction discount.  Princess rocks.

14 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I thought of doing that, but there were only a few dollars involved and I figured I would just have them available as OBC. And it was an excursion we really, really wanted. It was actually a transfer back to the airport with a stop to tour Stonehenge. We had once done something similar on a Princess ship from a different port that needed Heathrow as an airport. That one went to Canterbury. As well as being a very enjoyable excursion, it made it seem like we were still on the cruise after we had disembarked.

1) I too often make that trade, a few dollars of convenience versus the headache of trying to get through to a Princess rep who may or may not be capable of meeting your needs.

2) I agree, disembarkation tours have been delightful for us and really do seem to extend the cruise.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We did that one and were glad we did even though it was a cold and windy day.