Lift and shift will still apply to cancelled cruises

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just announced on the TA webinar that even though the L&S is no longer part of the CWC program it will still be offered for any cruises that Royal cancels just as they did with the Quantum cancellations.

Same parameters  same ship and within a week one way or the other?  Won't help my May Allure cruise as it's 6 nights not 7  

Edited by molly361

Great news, Ken!  Will it still be limited to sailings within 1 week of the original date the following year? Hopefully it will allow for similar itineraries that change ships - as in the Jewel in 2021 that changes to  Voyager in 2022 in Northern Europe. 😎

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Great news, Ken!  Will it still be limited to sailings within 1 week of the original date the following year? Hopefully it will allow for similar itineraries that change ships - as in the Jewel in 2021 that changes to  Voyager in 2022 in Northern Europe. 😎

No mention of Parameters and I think each cancellation may have slightly different options.  I doubt the change in ship in the case of JW to VY  would be an issue

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

With our cancelled Quantum Alaska 2021 sailing, we were only allowed to lift and shift to Quantum, within one week of the original date.  They might be more flexible with other cancellations but we were limited.  I am just happy we were able to shift to 2022, didn't expect they would allow it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

With our cancelled Quantum Alaska 2021 sailing, we were only allowed to lift and shift to Quantum, within one week of the original date.  They might be more flexible with other cancellations but we were limited.  I am just happy we were able to shift to 2022, didn't expect they would allow it.

In your situation, the Quantum is still sailing in Alaska in 2022. In my situation, the Voyager will replace Jewel in the Baltic in 2022, offering similar itineraries.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think I am going to be out of luck with our Allure suite for May.  The Allure is going to be in the Med in May 2022 and this cruise is 6 nights so don't think they would allow a switch to Harmony 7 nights-  Time will tell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think I am going to be out of luck with our Allure suite for May.  The Allure is going to be in the Med in May 2022 and this cruise is 6 nights so don't think they would allow a switch to Harmony 7 nights-  Time will tell

It would most likely be another 6 night sailing out of Florida that would be offered in that case

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

In your situation, the Quantum is still sailing in Alaska in 2022. In my situation, the Voyager will replace Jewel in the Baltic in 2022, offering similar itineraries.

That is why I said they might be more flexible.  

Just now, molly361 said:

That stinks!  Maybe they will be flexible.  Fingers crossed. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

I would lift and shift my cancelled hump balcony to may if it was offered. But lifting my april 25th to only april dates doesnt work for me. I want later in may to give me space from  b2b ending in early april 2022. I was hoping they would extend it by a month. 

I really wanted to save this price, but cant figure out  way. 

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

I imagine the next round of cancellations will clarify the new Lift & Shift limitations.

I don’t think that they will all be identical.  I think each set and each ship may have slightly different parameters, there won’t be one standard option.

They  will most likely be more restrictive just as the Quantum ones were.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just announced on the TA webinar that even though the L&S is no longer part of the CWC program it will still be offered for any cruises that Royal cancels just as they did with the Quantum cancellations.

Good to know -- watching my next booking for July though I hope it's not cancelled.  

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t think that they will all be identical.  I think each set and each ship may have slightly different parameters, there won’t be one standard option.

They  will most likely be more restrictive just as the Quantum ones were.  

Thinking only about Jewel's Baltic cruises in May 2021: I want to see whether RCI will allow L&S to same-length itineraries on Voyager in May 2022.   RCI surely won't offer L&S from our early August 10-night Baltic cruise  to Jewel's 12-night Arctic Circle or Iceland & Ireland cruises from Amsterdam in late July/early August 2022. If RCI disallows the change of ship to Voyager,  then I'll cancel my Jewel cruise  before final payment.

Edited by NancyIL

Just now, NancyIL said:

Thinking only about Jewel's Baltic cruises in May 2021: I want to see whether RCI will allow L&S to same-length itineraries on Voyager in May 2022.   RCI surely won't offer L&S to Jewel's 12-night Arctic Circle or Iceland & Ireland cruises from Amsterdam in late July/early August 2022. If RCI disallows the change of ship to Voyager,  then I'll cancel my Jewel cruise  before final payment.

As I said in an earlier post I don't think that will be an issue.  Lift and shift to different ships has never been an issue and there is only one ship doing that itinerary

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I wonder if my Oct 14, 2021 Canada/NE  RCI cancels what my options will be?

Freedom booked in a Panoramic Oceanview Suite.

I guess it would depend on when Royal cancels it.  Right now there are no comparable itineraries so no lift and shift would be offered.  Good thing that this one probably wont be cancelled for a while yet