Expert advice needed: back-to-back situations

20 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

*  Last but not least, you will still have to attend the muster drill...no matter how many consecutive cruises you are doing.

strange....we just about never have to attend the muster drill again

4 minutes ago, spunks said:

If you missed muster you probably drove them crazy as they looked for you.  Rule is that everyone must attend.   No exceptions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spunks said:

We have always had to attend the muster, regardless of how B2x cruises we are on.  It does look like things may be different going forward.  Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No, that's strange. On RC?  I've heard (?) Princess waves the second muster for those on the second leg of their B2B cruise but never on RC. 

Cunard also waives 2nd and subsequent appears at muster but not RCL.  Did b2b last February on Radiance and were specifically told muster appearances were not waived on 2nd and subsequent cruises. 

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Cunard also waives 2nd and subsequent appears at muster but not RCL.  Did b2b last February on Radiance and were specifically told muster appearances were not waived on 2nd and subsequent cruises. 

Agree. Every B2B cruise we've done with RC and Celebrity the 2nd muster drill has always been mandatory.  

8 hours ago, VegasVic14 said:

Thanks so much for all this information as it's quite apparent that the whole process should be quick and easy. I booked B2B for July 2022 for 2 families (2 cabins). It was quite a chore finding cabins which would allow us not to move AND having adjacent cabins.

RCI's system couldn't keep up with what I was trying to do and it took 2 hours to finally get their pages to respond and allow me to advance through the booking process.

If you want to make sure both families dine together, etc.  You can call rcl and have them sync the booking numbers for each family for each leg of the trip.

You will love doing a b2b. 

Must tell you, once done It's hard to go back to just one cruise.   Have fun planning😀

6 hours ago, spunks said:

A quick look at your posting history shows that you sail a fair  bit on Princess.  Perhaps you have your cruise lines mixed up as Princess doesn’t require attendance for the second leg of a B2B however Royal does.  

I suspect that you are correct.Sadly, our last cruise was a B2B on the Allure this past March. You would think I could remember if we did the Muster the second one, but all I can remember is that damned theater where they couldnt get it to run. I did not remember doing that twice.Sorry for the confusion.

Doug

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spunks said:

Never happen on RCI.  I have been on many B2Bs...and each time have to attend muster drill for next leg.  

Muster drills will be different going forward with the new start up.  But will still have to follow muster directions for each leg.  

Edited by island lady

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Never happen on RCI.  I have been on many B2Bs...and each time have to attend muster drill for next leg.  

Muster drills will be different going forward with the new start up.  But will still have to follow muster directions for each leg.  

No, they were on Princess.....I should have been more clear....RCL always requires you to attend muster even on B2B.....Doug

32 minutes ago, spunks said:

No, they were on Princess.....I should have been more clear....RCL always requires you to attend muster even on B2B.....Doug

OK, since this is an RCI posting board, had a few of us confused.  Thanks for clarification.  🙂 

We did a B2B  - Sydney to Hawaii and then the second one was Hawaii to Vancouver.  We had a balcony cabin from Sydney to Hawaii but the price for a balcony for the second leg was too expensive so we took an ocean view for the second part.   They did move our bags for us to the new cabin and yes we had to do the muster drill again

1 hour ago, M&A said:

We did a B2B  - Sydney to Hawaii and then the second one was Hawaii to Vancouver.  We had a balcony cabin from Sydney to Hawaii but the price for a balcony for the second leg was too expensive so we took an ocean view for the second part.   They did move our bags for us to the new cabin and yes we had to do the muster drill again

Waaaa..😭  I was supposed to be packed right now, heading out for flight to Sydney tomorrow.  😞 

Was to board Serenade on the 5th, staying on until Vancouver on May 16th.  That was to be a LOT of B2Bs.  😉   Total bummer we lost our bucket list trip. 

Edited by island lady

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Waaaa..😭  I was supposed to be packed right now, heading out for flight to Sydney tomorrow.  😞 

Was to board Serenade on the 5th, staying on until Vancouver on May 16th.  That was to be a LOT of B2Bs.  😉   Total bummer we lost our bucket list trip. 

We were in Sydney last year. Boarded the Radiance for the circumnavigation on February 9th.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We were in Sydney last year. Boarded the Radiance for the circumnavigation on February 9th.

Nice!  We had the top and bottom end booked as well.  That is what I call a great B2B!  Alas...gone, poof.  Hope RCI offers it again in 2023.  

On 1/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, spunks said:

Seriously - I've NEVER heard of anyone being excused from  muster drill.  All B2B have to attend the drill.    Some with mobility issues can do the  drill at an alternate  location,  but all must  attend.  

OP - be prepared  to attend ( what ever that will be for future cruises)  the muster drill for both sailings.  

It is good to read that even Mario attends the drill.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice!  We had the top and bottom end booked as well.  That is what I call a great B2B!  Alas...gone, poof.  Hope RCI offers it again in 2023.  

A few days before the end of the 2nd cruise we decided to stay aboard for a third cruise...New Zealand but alas shortly after muster the captain announced New Zealand closed its waters to everyone and we had to go home.

• Like 1

Just now, njkruzer said:

A few days before the end of the 2nd cruise we decided to stay aboard for a third cruise...New Zealand but alas shortly after muster the captain announced New Zealand closed its waters to everyone and we had to go home.

Yikes....but at least you got to enjoy the first two. 🤗

Bad timing for us, as I had so many longer and international cruises booked for this last year.  28 cruises cancelled to date.  😞   And I am sure my May cruises are next for the chopping block.