Lift and Shifted my Alaska May cruise

mailmama

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From what they mentioned on todays webinar it sounds like Friday's announcement will be more of an update as opposed to a definitive answer

I just called RCI, the very polite person I spoke with said they have not been told anything, they have a list of ships that have been cancelled and so far Radiance is not on it.  

18 hours ago, tallgirl97 said:

Is anyone concerned about availability when it comes to L&S for Alaska cruises from 2021 to 2022? 

Yes, I absolutely am because I require a wheelchair accessible cabin and those are booking up over a year in advance now and a refund is not an option.   Thats why I HOPE my TA will know something Friday.  I already have the 2022 cruise and cabin picked out.  

33 minutes ago, ryano said:

Yes, I absolutely am because I require a wheelchair accessible cabin and those are booking up over a year in advance now and a refund is not an option.   Thats why I HOPE my TA will know something Friday.  I already have the 2022 cruise and cabin picked out.  

Have your agent book the cabin NOW with a Refundable deposit......there by holding the cabin for you............Once RCCL hopefully re-instates the L & S you then have your TA cancel that that reservation and then you move right into that cabin when it's released under the L& S process.

This option though will cost you $500 right now that you will eventually get back when you cancel that reservation.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

I just contact with my travel agent yesterday before 5 pm.  They are able to switch my July 2021 Ovation of the seas to July 2022 Ovation of the seas without any issue.  I even get the same cabins for both of the bookings.  These bookings already L&S  one time from 2020 to 2021. The only issue is the price a little higher due to the taxes and no senior discount.  Not sure why since they are identical itinerary.  Just FYI.

2 minutes ago, cruiserRay55 said:

I just contact with my travel agent yesterday before 5 pm.  They are able to switch my July 2021 Ovation of the seas to July 2022 Ovation of the seas without any issue.  I even get the same cabins for both of the bookings.  These bookings already L&S  one time from 2020 to 2021. The only issue is the price a little higher due to the taxes and no senior discount.  Not sure why since they are identical itinerary.  Just FYI.

You were lucky, some reps at RCCL are not doing that yet until they are told it's an option. So far RCCL has nothing in print they are allowing that.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Have your agent book the cabin NOW with a Refundable deposit......there by holding the cabin for you............Once RCCL hopefully re-instates the L & S you then have your TA cancel that that reservation and then you move right into that cabin when it's released under the L& S process.

This option though will cost you $500 right now that you will eventually get back when you cancel that reservation.

Thank you Jimbo!  Never even crossed my mind!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserRay55 said:

If it was an actual lift and shift (price protected) then the seniors discount should have still applied.  The only thing that does. It carry forward is the port fees and taxes. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If it was an actual lift and shift (price protected) then the seniors discount should have still applied.  The only thing that does. It carry forward is the port fees and taxes. 

You are right.  I will wait for RCL official announcement and then ask TA to check for the price again.  However, the cruise fare I paid is less than 1/2 of the price listed for 2022.  I am ok if nothing changed.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, welshrich said:

I just called RCI, the very polite person I spoke with said they have not been told anything, they have a list of ships that have been cancelled and so far Radiance is not on it.  

are you currently booked on a Radiance sailing?  I am on the 5/28 sailing and just awaiting the official word so I can move a flight.  

17 hours ago, jean87510 said:

are you currently booked on a Radiance sailing?  I am on the 5/28 sailing and just awaiting the official word so I can move a flight.  

Hello, Yes, we are on Radiance, doing a landtour beforehand and then on the 11/6 sailing from Seward to Vancouver.   It's a bucket list trip and we had 3 weeks allocated to see Seattle and Vancouver too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, welshrich said:

Hello, Yes, we are on Radiance, doing a landtour beforehand and then on the 11/6 sailing from Seward to Vancouver.   It's a bucket list trip and we had 3 weeks allocated to see Seattle and Vancouver too.

It's going to be very cold on November 6th.  😜 

I have biscuits / chocolate that I bought in the UK and always do a double take when I look at the use by date.  

On 2/11/2021 at 7:41 AM, ryano said:

Stress to your TA that very few handicap rooms open. Tell her you have date and cabin picked out. RCI was ready to move my sailing when I told them I had the ship, date and cabin selected already. A good TA will state your need and most often RCI is willing to move mountains if possible!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, ryano said:

Ryan, have your TA call again.  A TA on FB is posting a rumor from his source.  No official notice out yet but they are holding out that there will be a season, they are supposedly extending when final payment is due and offering all the same offers that we got on Quantum even though they aren't cancelling yet.  Just a rumor as of now but maybe your TA can persuade them to get your cabin now as you have limited choices.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

It's going to be very cold on November 6th.  😜 

I have biscuits / chocolate that I bought in the UK and always do a double take when I look at the use by date.  

In the UK they put the day first and month second........... It's June 11th !

So ASSUMING they cancel and offer the L&S option to 2022, is the deposit still refundable in this case if you are before final payment? I know that was the case with the previous iteration of L&S, but wasn't sure if that still applied in these specific situations. 

21 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

So ASSUMING they cancel and offer the L&S option to 2022, is the deposit still refundable in this case if you are before final payment? I know that was the case with the previous iteration of L&S, but wasn't sure if that still applied in these specific situations. 

If you are before final payment and you originally booked a refundable deposit then yes it is still a refundable deposit

On 2/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, ryano said:

Call back.  It is now official

OPTION #1 OPTION #2 OPTION #3 OPTION #4
  MODIFIED
LIFT & SHIFT
FUTURE
CRUISE CREDIT
REFUND STICK WITH US
OFFER Move to the same ship, itinerary, and stateroom category next year that departs +/- 1 week from original sail date and your client's cruise fare/promotion is protected! 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when booking by April 30, 2022 and sailing by September 30, 2022. 100% refund of amount paid valid through June 30, 2021. Give us time to sort through this. While we are exploring options, Final Payment Due date for sailings scheduled to visit Canada will adjust to 45 days prior to sailing.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Ryan, have your TA call again.  A TA on FB is posting a rumor from his source.  No official notice out yet but they are holding out that there will be a season, they are supposedly extending when final payment is due and offering all the same offers that we got on Quantum even though they aren't cancelling yet.  Just a rumor as of now but maybe your TA can persuade them to get your cabin now as you have limited choices.  Good luck!

Its now official

MODIFIED
LIFT & SHIFT
FUTURE
CRUISE CREDIT
REFUND STICK WITH US
OFFER Move to the same ship, itinerary, and stateroom category next year that departs +/- 1 week from original sail date and your client's cruise fare/promotion is protected! 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when booking by April 30, 2022 and sailing by September 30, 2022. 100% refund of amount paid valid through June 30, 2021. Give us time to sort through this. While we are exploring options, Final Payment Due date for sailings scheduled to visit Canada will adjust to 45 days prior to sailing.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its now official

MODIFIED
LIFT & SHIFT
FUTURE
CRUISE CREDIT
REFUND STICK WITH US

Decent offer considering they haven't cancelled yet.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its now official

MODIFIED
LIFT & SHIFT
FUTURE
CRUISE CREDIT
REFUND STICK WITH US

Of course they announce this the day after I had to make final payment or cancel my May 12th cruise.

Yes, they said there would be an announcement today, but ... 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call back.  It is now official

MODIFIED
LIFT & SHIFT
FUTURE
CRUISE CREDIT
REFUND STICK WITH US

What ships and up to what sailing dates is this offer for? Is this just for Alaska and Canada/New England sailings?

Edited by Jimbo